midi controller with Macro control : how avoiding Midi Focus actions downside ?

Unless I’m mistaken, the problem when mapping the Macro controls using Midi Focus is that when you switch from one bank to another, the Macro value will « jump » to the one last set by its controller. Because my English sucks and the problem is not easy to describe, here’s an example : let’s say you tweak the Macro 2 on Bank A at a value of 80%. Then, in Bank B you want to tweak its Macro 2. If this one was originally at 0%, as soon as you touch the knob on your midi controller mapped the Macro 2, this one will jump from 0& to 70%, and this problem goes on and on from on bank to another. Since the Macro controls are meant to be used in live situations, you can see the problem. So far I didn’t find any solution to avoid this and there’s still no midi learn for Macro controls.
Any other users concerned by this behavior, any solution to avoid this problem ? Thank you for your help !

Comments

• I understand your issue 100%.
    The only easy solution i've found is to use a one-bank workflow.
    Then the macros are always the same and always usable.
    I'm still hoping that this issue will be addressed at some point with a global midi learn of some sort.

Until then...
    This video describes my "one bank workflow".
    😀 👊

• Thank you for your answer ! As you say, let’s hope a global midi learn will be implemented soon. Your « one bank workflow » is super clever for live session and your mapping allows the great satisfaction of live experimentation, with scene instant launch, marcos of course, and a real control of your environment at the same time. I’m gonna try this configuration and your midi mapping (with a BeatStep Pro instead of your Launchpad, so no faders for me) and for the « classic » project (not live oriented but classic track production), I’ll dispatch the Macro between my banks.
    I must have missed this video because I watch yours regularly and especially the ones concerning BM3. They are great, good tips, useful advices... and great sound banks too !
    Cheers

• I don't know for sure if this is a viable workaround, but with the sensel morph the touch surface doesn't store a value for knobs and faders, so if I can see the macro on the screen is at 10% then I can touch the knob or slider at that value as if that's where the control was left when I last moved it, avoiding the jump.

• edited December 2019

We don’t have value pickup scaling. One trick is to use an empty bank and set your midi controller knobs nearest last position change of the other bank you did affect before going to that bank. Again stupid workaround but it works especially if your using the same midi channels for the macros or have enough buttons. Not sure if I’m making sense here. Touch based encoders are different. So @ronji s method is a win. Makes sensel!

And any controllerism currently works best in a one-bank workflow as @DeanDaughters has shown.

• @ronji said:
    I don't know for sure if this is a viable workaround, but with the sensel morph the touch surface doesn't store a value for knobs and faders, so if I can see the macro on the screen is at 10% then I can touch the knob or slider at that value as if that's where the control was left when I last moved it, avoiding the jump.

Hi, sorry for my bad English but I don’t know what a sensel morph is 😔, are you referring to the X/Y pad ?

• @mefisme said:
    We don’t have value pickup scaling. One trick is to use an empty bank and set your midi controller knobs nearest last position change of the other bank you did affect before going to that bank. Again stupid workaround but it works especially if your using the same midi channels for the macros or have enough buttons. Not sure if I’m making sense here. Touch based encoders are different. So @ronji s method is a win. Makes sensel!

And any controllerism currently works best in a one-bank workflow as @DeanDaughters has shown.

Hi, empty bank is a weird solution but it’s a solution ! Until I know what sensel morph is, I will use it if I need more than 16 Macros in a project (the number of knobs on my midi controller)