A real DAW audio editor.

Just wanted to suggest that we get a real DAW audio editor. I love Beat Maker 3 and I’m really thankful for the latest update. There are tons of features that could be added rd obviously, but the main thing this app is lacking is a real audio editing environment for audio tracks. We need something more useful like Auria’s at least. Great app though!! Thanks for your hard work guys!!

Comments

• edited December 2019

@BradRich said:
    Just wanted to suggest that we get a real DAW audio editor. I love Beat Maker 3 and I’m really thankful for the latest update. There are tons of features that could be added rd obviously, but the main thing this app is lacking is a real audio editing environment for audio tracks. We need something more useful like Auria’s at least. Great app though!! Thanks for your hard work guys!!

Your post would be a lot more helpful if you listed specific features that you feel should be added to the editor.

• @StudioES said:
    Beatmatching tools for audio clips: aka Time Warp/Audio Warp/Groove Clips/AudioSnap/ACID/ReCycle.
    Clip/Object-level non-destructive editing. Fades, Envs, Pitch, Time-stretch, FX, Modulation, looping, etc.
    Audio-to-MIDI.
    Sound Forge/Wavelab/RX deep editing tools + AI algos built-in.
    SpectraLayers Pro built-in.
    Melodyne Studio built-in.
    Audionamix + Audio SourceRE + Zynaptiq tools built-in.

$5 IAP should cover it.

Yes, but at what cost to the environment? Now is not the time to ask for features that will adversely impact climate change.

• have you tried Auditor ? ..fairly new app

• @StudioES said:

Clip/Object-level non-destructive editing. *Fades, Envs, Pitch, Time-stretch, looping

This sounds like a good step one to me. All of this seems like it happens under the hood on pads/samples already. Would just be lovely to have it on the timeline with a familiar interface (clips with corner points to move for fades, length etc) and also be able to just move clips between tracks.

• edited December 2019

@BitterGums said:
    have you tried Auditor ? ..fairly new app

Auditor is very nice, but has a fairly basic feature set at this point. It has really good tools for making smooth loops, for combining files, layering, etc. But nothing for slicing / chopping, stretching and pitch shift, warping audio, adding FX, etc. that I think the OP is asking for (though who can tell based on his post :D ).

Twisted Wave has far more features but lacks tempo (bars/beats/etc) based tools, making it largely useless for my purposes.

BM3’s own editor is very effective IMO. Except for a few nice features in the Auria Pro editor (would love to see transient warping), it’s totally fine for my purposes.

If we could get FL Studio’s Edison editor on iOS, I’d be sooo happy.

• I know it's just empty promises, but the Auditor app page says that slicing and stretching are "planned for a near future release" =) but you might wanna wait for someone else who owns the app to review those features after they're available before you purchase. I just went ahead and bought it, personally.

• holy smokes. that looks like heaven. Is that melodyne?

• Had a horribly frustrating session in BM3 last night where none of the automation was writing and it was doing that thing where it just creates it's own zig-zag up and down automation....ugh. Could have all been solved if there was the option to just place a simple fade on a pattern in the timeline.

• @StudioES said:

@BitterGums said:
    holy smokes. that looks like heaven. Is that melodyne?

Top is Melodyne in Sound Forge.
    Bottom is SpectraLayers in Cakewalk.
    You can literally isolate & extract individual instruments from songs. Wild. But time-consuming.

@BitterGums said:
    Had a horribly frustrating session in BM3 last night where none of the automation was writing and it was doing that thing where it just creates it's own zig-zag up and down automation....ugh. Could have all been solved if there was the option to just place a simple fade on a pattern in the timeline.

I seem to be experiencing that a lot more recently. Wonder what happened. We did add multiple automation bugs to the bug-tracker, & the dev fixed several related issues that went unnoticed, but others still remain. Pattern MIDI & Pattern Automation are a Work-in-Progress, last time I heard.

It is hard for me to imagine an improved implementation that doesn’t break existing sessions, but perhaps there is a way. Adding some sort of automation lanes perhaps.

• I'm not sure if you're focused on the free options but Abelton is workhorse for sampling and editing. https://youtube.com/watch?v=wFyB8UzASPI

• @BitterGums said:
    Had a horribly frustrating session in BM3 last night where none of the automation was writing and it was doing that thing where it just creates it's own zig-zag up and down automation....ugh. Could have all been solved if there was the option to just place a simple fade on a pattern in the timeline.

@BitterGums said:

@BitterGums agreed had this same nightmare last night and trying to highlight/delete automation points ended up looking like a major city roadmap.