How do I use Patterning with BM3?

Is this even possible? How would I use Patterning with BM3? In particular, with the scenes mode? Or should I use BM3 for drums? I really like Patterning’s auto rotate feature, unless there’s a way to add randomness and movement within BM3’s drum patterns?
Thanks

Comments

• Yes but it just doesn’t work well. How do you use it as an IAA? Do I have to keep switching between the apps??

• So is there a beat machine that works well inside BM3? I want randomness.

• The Rozeta suite has Rozeta Rhythm and Rozeta XOX. Both have randomization settings per sound. (That setting is called “Mutate” in Rozeta).

Both DigiStix and EG Pulse have the ability to set probability per step.

• Yes this looks like a good solution. Last night I downloaded Playbeat which works brilliantly as a trigger sequencer with a wonderful randomisation feature. I do lament the absence of Patterning's rotate function. I wonder if there is a beat machine that has this? Some sort of offsetting / movement to existing steps (without randomisation). Doesn't one of the Rozeta suite modules have this? I thinks so..

• Have you tried Riffer? ElasticDrums does the offset thing similar to Patterning's rotate feature and is a great app all around.

theres also an app that comes to mind that intentionally creates imperfect patterns and sequences but i can't remember the name... if anyone knows it, chime in.

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Is this even possible? How would I use Patterning with BM3? In particular, with the scenes mode? Or should I use BM3 for drums? I really like Patterning’s auto rotate feature, unless there’s a way to add randomness and movement within BM3’s drum patterns?
    Thanks

They lock tight for me. How do you have them set up?

The set-up I just tested was Patterning set to send Midi Clock and BeatMaker Set to receive MIDI Clock from it. I set a quarter note pattern running in both apps and there were no flams.

How do you have them set up?

• @jameslondon74 said:
    Yes but it just doesn’t work well. How do you use it as an IAA? Do I have to keep switching between the apps??

I have avoided inter-app-audio, and prefer to use audio units. Not what you asked, but it makes start up MUCH simpler, as everything comes up inside a BM3 project automagically.

Alas, that means I am not using some of my iOS instruments much any more (e.g. - Korg iM1, Thor, FM4).