Any tips/techniques for scratching/warping vocal samples?

Trying to create like RJD2 style effects on some audio clips. Are there any apps or ways this can be done?

Comments

  • You could try audio buffer effects like Replicant, Turnado, Effectrix, Dedalus...

  • I've programmed some fairly crazy effects internally using an assortment of modulations (eg assigning an AHDSR envelope on the tune dial)

    MSX fly tape is worth checking out for more analogue-style turntable effects such as half-speed and vinyl spin down. It's also currently 50% off.

  • edited March 17

    @tk32 said:
    I've programmed some fairly crazy effects internally using an assortment of modulations (eg assigning an AHDSR envelope on the tune dial)

    MSX fly tape is worth checking out for more analogue-style turntable effects such as half-speed and vinyl spin down. It's also currently 50% off.

    Could you speak more to how you do those internal modulation effects. Sounds interesting. I’ve used Bm3 since the beginning but never messed with the modulations, don’t even know how to create em haha

  • Im working on a tutorial on how to scratch in BM3..using the mod section

  • Not bad @ChenZenMFK - with a few further tricks and tweaks this could be quite usable!

  • Lets work on it...if u/anyone has any ideas...let me know or share patche 🤙

  • love it. Look forward the tutorial. Let us know when its up!

  • Hey guys, I'm not sure if this discussion is limited to only turntables but I have found great success with manipulating my sample and warping with the MPC and Abelton. Here's a video on it. Cheers. https://youtube.com/watch?v=mtQuZDbfnCw

  • @ChenZenMFK said:
    Im working on a tutorial on how to scratch in BM3..using the mod section

    That’s exactly what I’m looking for, how do you do that??

  • @byPolar said:

    @ChenZenMFK said:
    Im working on a tutorial on how to scratch in BM3..using the mod section

    That’s exactly what I’m looking for, how do you do that??

    @ChenZenMFK nah no Stop.

Sign In or Register to comment.