Beatmaker losing samples

Why does beatmaker keep losing samples? When I load the session it says "Some samples couldn't be found" and locating them doesn't work. I've seen a lot of posts with people having this problem... Why hasn't this bug been fixed??

Comments

• Spent a lot of time on a sample now when I reload the session all my work is gone?? I didn't move any files around....

• Lost all but two samples in a drum kit I put some serious time into. That, the crashing, the bugs and lack of updates makes me wanna just put the iOS music making down for a while because I really try to rely on this because am not really a fan of the other daws out there and try to give the intua boys the benefit of the doubt. Seriously looking at the latest MPC ONE just to quickly knock out tracks as could be done on bm3 but I’d hope with less headache because honestly when the ideas are coming nothing should hold you back especially a well known and seemingly powerful enoughDaw such as bm3

• @Thumpee said:
    Lost all but two samples in a drum kit I put some serious time into. That, the crashing, the bugs and lack of updates makes me wanna just put the iOS music making down for a while because I really try to rely on this because am not really a fan of the other daws out there and try to give the intua boys the benefit of the doubt. Seriously looking at the latest MPC ONE just to quickly knock out tracks as could be done on bm3 but I’d hope with less headache because honestly when the ideas are coming nothing should hold you back especially a well known and seemingly powerful enoughDaw such as bm3

Yea man BM3 is a great app but they need to get that fixed. I found a workaround tho just do "Save as" and check "Copy samples" and "save banks separately" and "save patterns within banks" basically save everything with it and it doesn't lose them anymore

• I've tried to be very 'careful' when saving and loading samples and still BM3 sometimes looses track of the files even when I save and save often, something is seriously f*cked up! (I guess a complete overhaul is the only way to really fix this so take a look at how NS2 handles sessions and files for starters and copy it over to BM3 just like BM2 was 'inspired' by NS1 way back in time).

BM3 is the only app I consider 'super senile' when it comes to project sample & file management, it's at the point where I hardly even launch the app and do most of my sampling and slicing in Auditor...

Don't know how the development is progressing or if it's still even actively developed?

• Follow these tutorials:

• Just remember to SAVE. Save ever 5 minutes or so . And you won't have this problem. And important hit 'orange' colored SAVE that brings you to the Save As....and then hit the SAVE. For these quick saves it's not necessary to check Copy Samples and Save banks separately .. you just want to get your project saved.
    I've got in the habit of hitting it every time i hit the STOP button twice which brings the playhead back to zero, when listening back to the track//

• edited May 2020

I recently did a massive cleanup/backup of all my sessions and found the problem of missing samples mainly happened for me when i had a ton of very large wav files in a session and I went through and trimmed a bunch of samples and then did a session save with ‘copy samples’. Out of about 200 sessions around six ended up having issues after and I had to go back to the source files and meticulously save, quit and reload them a few times just to make sure things saved OK.

• edited June 2020

I also face the same condition, there was some problem with my settings. After searching different software I recently find this Free software for my work. Click here ******https://technofizi.net/best-free-beat-making-software-for-windows-and-mac/ ****** for free beat making software, you should definitely try this types of software.