Multiple kits playing at the same time?

edited July 2008 in General
Thanks for a great application! This will make my one hour on the bus, everyday, a better place to be.

However... I would love the possibility for locking a kit to a pattern, and in this way, playing different kits at the same time in the sequencer. E.g one drum kit, one bass kit, and so one. I would be so thankful for this kind of functionality. Any plans for this?

cheers
sorengo

Comments

• edited 11:14AM
    yes, this would definitely be a welcome feature.
    2nd that!
    I'd love this feature as well....

Maybe there will be an easy option to simply replace a pad's sample? instead of completely loading a new bank?

I probably use about 10 of the pads, and would love to at least have the option to search other banks for a better sample, drum, etc to fit with the beat I'm creating...

Just a thought...

Maybe there will be an easy option to simply replace a pad's sample? instead of completely loading a new bank?

Unless I'm missing something, this can already be done and is a pretty key part of building kits in Beatmaker. On the pads screen, just hit the pad you want to replace and press "load sample," pretty easy unless I'm misunderstanding you.
    no, he wants to use several kits at the same time, not replacing them.

i would like that too. like pad1,2,3,4 etc and load a roland pad in one, a loops pad in another, bass pad etc.
    The way I see it working is this:

1: Build a loop as normal in your first kit, export it

2: Build your next multiples using your new kit, and again export

3: Edit the kit and import your loops as individual pads. You will now have multi layered loops as 1 pad, therefore you can 16 pads playing different kits

I admit it's complex, and you need a good ear for this, but there is a great post in the showcase that shows it works
    Jason- Polvitos specifically said "an easy option to simply replace a pad's sample? instead of completely loading a new bank." The OP wants several kits at the same time, as would I, that makes perfect sense. Am I confusing something here? Please explain to me if I am, because I am interested. Also, when you said in you post "like pad1,2,3,4 etc" did you mean bank instead of pad? Cause I don't understand how you could load a pad into a pad as the original wording suggests.

Fu5ion- That seems to be the best workaround at this point. Sort of like freezing a track. It doesn't allow for editing of individual loops, but you could build a song with a ton of different sounds (loops really) that way. I don't think it is very complex or requires a good ear, pretty basic sampler/sequencer concept really. Excellent suggestion though.

Unless I'm missing something, this can already be done and is a pretty key part of building kits in Beatmaker. On the pads screen, just hit the pad you want to replace and press "load sample," pretty easy unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Are you talking while in beat maker? or in beat pack?

While constructing a beat, I may just need another kick or snare to replace one of the wavs in the kit i've already created and currently using.
    Is there a way to only replace one of the pad's samples, while in beat maker? not on beat pack....
    Yes, go to the PAD screen (in beatmaker), hit edit, make sure it's on the sample start/end menu, press the pad you want to replace and then press load sample in the lower left. It will put whatever sample you select in the browser on that pad. Man, this program would kind of suck without that functionality! You are gonna love that manual, there is a ton more cool stuff you can do!
    Yes, go to the PAD screen (in beatmaker), hit edit, make sure it's on the sample start/end menu, press the pad you want to replace and then press load sample in the lower left. It will put whatever sample you select in the browser on that pad. Man, this program would kind of suck without that functionality! You are gonna love that manual, there is a ton more cool stuff you can do!

You've just changed my life hahahaha

No seriously, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Basically adjusting your kits on the fly, to get the right drums with the right samples.

THANK YOU
    In PADS.
    Select the pad you wish to swap out.
    Click EDIT (Top Left)
    Click LOAD SAMPLE
    Select the Kit you wish to load a sample from, and then select the individual sample.

VOILA! you have now edited the kit.
    ***question already answered sorry