NLog with Beatmaker

edited May 2010 in General
Hello and cheers to all. I apologize in advance for my newbie-ness in case this has already been answered. I would like to be able to create a song with Beatmaker and then bring it into NLogSynth to layer on top of the beats (or NLog into Beatmaker, vice versa). I really am confused, I got AudioCopy and can bring in wav files from NLog into it, but how do I get that wav file into Beatmaker? I know I'm missing something. Please help.

michael p

Comments

• edited 1:01AM
    audio copy? BM uses the pasteboard bro.
    heres the steps
    1. open Nlog, figure out your sound that youll be recording
    2. go to tape, at this point I suggest using the metronome, I highly suggest it actually. Its called "click"
    3. click on tape again, the metronome stays on, then hit record
    4. itll start recording when you begin playing, when your done hit stop(try to hit stop on beat)
    5. Once you get a good recording hit save, name it, then youll automatically be directed to the files folder
    6. highlight the file of your choice(probably already highlighted if your copying the one you just made.
    7. select the export option, then select beatmaker pasteboard
    8. exit nLog, go to beatmaker
    9. go to the pads section, on the left select the file tab
    10. use the down arrow to find the paste option, select it
    11. at this point id recc. making a new folder for nLog samples or for your project name
    12. then select that(or whatever) folder youd like and hit the "blue + add file" at the top, name it
    13. to load it simply go to sample, then load it

thats it in detail, hope it helped.