Moving clips from track to track in sequencer

edited February 2011 in Support
Hi, is there a way to move a clip to a new track? Also can you grab a clip and move it around in the time line. it seems like when you write a new part you are meant to do it on a new track. I have a four bar part and a 2 bar part on one track. I Want to copy the four bar part after the two bar part but it seems I cant move it past the two bar part only copy over. so I want to put the two bar part on a new track, but it wont let me move it down. Can a track only contain one part that can be duplicated along the timeline. Does this make sense to anyone?

Comments

• edited 1:22PM
    Anybody? Or am I missing something and this can be done?
    Well im guessing that you accidentally tapped that little wrench icon up in the top right?
    I think what you're saying is you want to move a pattern around...if that wrench is toggled on all you do is use the little arrow drags and move it accordingly.
    Im thinking its as simple as that?
    Well im guessing that you accidentally tapped that little wrench icon up in the top right?
    I think what you're saying is you want to move a pattern around...if that wrench is toggled on all you do is use the little arrow drags and move it accordingly.
    Im thinking its as simple as that?

Haha weird. Ok I thought those little arrow tabs had something to do with it. I was holding down the button and trying to move the clip with my other hand, didn't realize that I should move the button and that would move the clip. Kind of weird but hey it works!
    Oh ya thanks!