Tutorial - Very Famous Bass (Single Cycle)

Quick tutorial showing how to make a very famous bass sound, this was to show the power in using single cycles in the sampler (The size of the samples in this is less than 5kb and that is at 24/96) and also to prove that a good sampler is also a good synth.

Tagged:

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not bad for 5kb worth of samples anyway :)

• Intriguing. These are great.

• BM3 sampler is massive! Great sounding tiny bass syn :wink:

• Yeah the sampler needs a few small bits added, but it is damn powerful right now for sure, super quick to move round too

• These tutorials are very nice. I do miss some sort of indication as to where you tapped and dragged on the screen sometimes. Subscribed to your channel anyway, keep them coming!

• edited July 2017

You increased my enjoyment of this app tenfold with just this one tutorial. I'm off to see the rest...keep them coming

• Great tutorial. The second I heard the song so many 90's dance tracks flashed through my head! Definitely a popular one :)

• @huphtur
    I like to keep my tutorials quickfire, I will try to be clearer about what im pressing, but if something like this simple bass sound goes beyond 5 minutes it is boring for the watcher, sorry.
  • And thanks guys, will try to keep them regular ;)
  • How are you creating these videos?

• In what sense ?
    I plug the ipad into the macbook air and record that via quicktime, plug a mic in to a usb soundcard and record the audio realtime as i am doing whatever i am doing on the ipad.
    There is a bit of latency with quicktime, but its good enough for quickies like these.
  • I'm hoping iOS11's screen recording will be 'smooth' as it has an option to include both audio generated by the apps running on the device as well as narration from the build-in mic.

• Depends what format it is in too, if it is some proprietry high compressed nonsense im out haha
    Prores would be fun :)
  • @5pinlink said:
    Depends what format it is in too, if it is some proprietry high compressed nonsense im out haha
    Prores would be fun :)

Hehe, I think it's either H.264 or H.265, those are the formats that can be chosen for video-recording on iOS11.
    Time will tell, iOS11 is not that far away.

• Yeah Prores was never going to happen, i was just messing.
    No idea if my Air2 will even run heavy apps and screen record though, will have to see

• Great tutorial vids...actually useful!

• edited July 2017

@5pinlink said:
    @huphtur
    I like to keep my tutorials quickfire, I will try to be clearer about what im pressing, but if something like this simple bass sound goes beyond 5 minutes it is boring for the watcher, sorry.

Totally down with the quickfire format, just wish quickTime recording had a way to display the mouse pointer (or in this case your finger tap). Maybe iOS11 screen recording will have that...

• I will look in to adding my own pointer in post, if it looks ok i shall do it like that from now ;)
  • @huphtur said:

@5pinlink said:
    @huphtur

Totally down with the quickfire format, just wish quickTime recording had a way to display the mouse pointer (or in this case your finger tap). Maybe iOS11 screen recording will have that...

How to easily get a cursor on any IOS device [No Jailbreak or any tweaks!]
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=irjuuqHBVik
    I know it's a bit week but works ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    In what sense ?
    I plug the ipad into the macbook air and record that via quicktime, plug a mic in to a usb soundcard and record the audio realtime as i am doing whatever i am doing on the ipad.
    There is a bit of latency with quicktime, but its good enough for quickies like these.

In that sense I guess. Thanks.

• Will test it, that box bottom right could get in the way though, best bet would be a hidden pointer mode added in by the devs at intua directly ala Modstep @mathieugarcia any chance ?
  • I have actually suggested/requested a 'blob' that could indicate where the user taps on the screen.
    This would make recording tutorials easier :)

• I have asked @mathieugarcia for the desktop version as soon as poss via PM, that will have the mouse pointer which will be perfect for tutorials
  • This is really a game changer for me - thank you sir for sharing this!

:)

• @DeanDaughters said:
    This is really a game changer for me - thank you sir for sharing this!

:)

You are very welcome ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    The size of the samples in this is less than 5kb

Nice tutorial(s)! What i’d like to know is where I can get a nice clean set of the basic sound wave files. I was able to d/l AKWF’s Waveforms (4300 free samples), but the sheer number of files and the ambiguous naming is just too much to dig through!

• edited August 2018

Resources section of the forum, you will see that one of my free samplebanks comes with them ;)

Make sure to use the forum folder structure as per the install instructions.