BM3 Controller kick-starter

2»

Comments

• @drez said:
    I really wish somebody would make a Bluetooth pad controller.

Akai has one, it's a new blue tooth lpd8.....also that new korg joint has Bluetooth and pads..

• Yeah but it's not an 4x4. It seems like a huge oversight that nobody has a 4x4 out there.
  • I was thinking that this Korg nanokey studio controller would be great with BM3. Its Bluetooth and runs on batteries. Anyone outthere using it with BM3?

http://www.korg.com/us/products/computergear/nanokey_studio/

• edited August 2017
    I have one and dont like it. Too flimsy. Feels like it will break in any time. Other then the quality its light and portable. Like the bluetooth connection!
  • @peterpeterpeterpeter said:
    I have one and dont like it. Too flimsy. Feels like it will break in any time.

I have a Nanokey2 which is much the same. It works fine though, so I should just re-house it in a nice piece of wood or solid bit of Perspex. Maybe the same would work for the nanoKEY studio? It’s still 8 pads short though.

This Alesis looks like a decent BM3 controller:

• I still think beatstep is the one. The shape is perfect and the built quality is top! Ive found a makerspace in my city with a cnc. Hope I can get it done next week. I will post photos and cad-file as soon as its done.

• edited August 2017

@peterpeterpeterpeter said:
    I still think beatstep is the one. The shape is perfect and the built quality is top! Ive found a makerspace in my city with a cnc. Hope I can get it done next week. I will post photos and cad-file as soon as its done.

Nice! Are you planning to keep the pad & knob layout or cut the board and wire the traces?

• edited August 2017

I will keep it as is. The knobs and pads lines up almost perfect with the width of the ipad. Its the most efficient layout for ipad controller with 16 pads+16 knobs, i think. I want to keep it clean and elegant. We will have to wait and see in a week or so :)

• edited August 2017

Irig Pads does not need camera connection kit and works great with BM3 + Akai LPK wireless.

• I use an M-Audio Code 25. Perfect for BM3! Similar to that Alesis one but I preferred their features over what the Alesis offers.