BeatMaker 3.0.2 - Current status and change log

2»

Comments

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Current status: Submitted for review.

What's new in BeatMaker 3.0.2

@mathieugarcia I noticed in the manual it mentions a 'detect' option in section 2.1 How to slice/chop a sample.

Is that option in version 3.02. I did not see in version 3.01.

"2. Intermediate tutorials
    2.1 How to slice/chop a sample
    You can chop a sample into several slices easily within BeatMaker. Slicing is useful to
    automatically spread amongst pads an audio recording (such as vocals, beats and
    instruments).
    Open the Editor view, select a pad and drop a sample from the Browser onto the
    SAMPLER screen.
    Tap the “SLICE MODE” button located at the top-right corner to enter slice edition
    mode. You can now manually create slices by tapping on the timeline located above the
    wave view, or press the “AUTO-SLICE” button to display the following options:

• SPLIT: Automatically splits evenly your sample by a number of pre-defined slices
    • GRID: Automatically slices your samples by a beat division (such as 1/8th or 1/16th of a
      bar)

• DETECT: Using this mode, BeatMaker automatically creates slices by trying to detect
      hits within your sample. If you feel too many slices are created, lower the detection
      percentage amount until you are satisfied with the results."

• Detect mode is also listed on the updated tutorial: https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003454923-How-to-slice-chop-a-sample-onto-several-pads

Does that mean it will be added soon or is already added?

• What is the current Status? submitted?

• @coolD right, detect needs more refinement before we put it back, right now it is disabled since it did not pass our testsuite!

@AndreaBees yes, the update was submitted on August 11th, still waiting for review!

Cheers :-)
    Mathieu.

• "Added 16 bank groups, each bank group has 8 banks, giving a total of 128 banks."

Does this mean that up to 16 banks (tracks) can now be added to the song mode sequencer?

• 128!

Each still containing 128 Pad/instruments (EACH).

King

• So it's 128 tracks...that is a big update to 8 (banks) tracks in the current version because in the current version the banks go from A to H in the sequencer mode.

• edited August 2017

@Artmuzz said:
    So it's 128 tracks...that is a big update to 8 (banks) tracks in the current version because in the current version the banks go from A to H in the sequencer mode.

Yep! Indeed! (128 banks) we have 8 banks currently, they have added 120 more..

I'm guessing something like -1A, 1B 1C to 1H, then 2A, 2B, 2C - 2H. All the way up to 16A, 16B ... you get the picture :-)

Good Times!

King

• @KING said:

@Artmuzz said:
    So it's 128 tracks...that is a big update to 8 (banks) tracks in the current version because in the current version the banks go from A to H in the sequencer mode.

I'm guessing something like -1A, 1B 1C to 1H, then 2A, 2B, 2C - 2H. All the way up to 16A, 16B ... you get the picture :-)

Good Times!

King

Fantastic! I am eagerly awaiting this update! :)

• Too me! :-))

King

• Hopefully we won't have to click through an extra layer to get to a specific bank.
  • edited August 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Hopefully we won't have to click through an extra layer to get to a specific bank.

Would be nice to get a few screenshots with the update(s) info.

But I guess it also suits others, for the surprise.

King

• edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Artmuzz said:

Depends if there is one track per bank group, or one track per bank, if it is one track per bank and not per group, this will be a huge update.

@triton100 said:

There's going to be some serious vertical scrolling to have to do with so many banks ...

There is 16 bank groups, so scroll through banks 1 to 16, then scroll through banks 1 to 8, not much more scrolling than we have right now, about double or so.

• @triton100 said:

@KING said:

@Artmuzz said:

Good Times!

King

There's going to be some serious vertical scrolling to have to do with so many banks ...

:) Adding banks only when needed.
    The way I'm seeing the banks now (3.0.2) is, each one as a single track. And I'll most likely continue to use one (or two) bank for Drums, as we can still have separate Mixer channels and separate fx on each channel.

For me it will be very very very (did I say very) unlikely that I would ever use 128, plus Audio tracks too.. If I use 50 tracks in a session that would be a fat track ;)
    I could easily get something great with 16 or less, I'm creating big stuff with just 8. (Banks).

"It's not what you got it's how you use it" (in most cases). ;)

This (128) may not be unlimited, but it's more enough for me. Just need the sub tracks for each.

King

• @OscarSouth

It makes a lot of sense when using the mixer or the macros. By grouping banks into one you can manage things like volumes of individual pads or banks easily rather than being confronted with 1000s of individual faders.
  • In terms of the mixer it gives you rapid group bussing, so if you have a drum kit on one bank and nothing else, you have a drum bus and individual channels for that kit.
    It all relies on one track per bank in the arranger though, 8 tracks in the arranger for 128 banks would be a little limiting.
  • I wonder if there is still going to be those "Auto-saved" files on the welcome screen.

• @mathieugarcia said:

@AndreaBees yes, the update was submitted on August 11th, still waiting for review!

Mathieu.

today is August 17th and still no update in the AppStore ... what they are doing?

• edited August 2017

@andreasg said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Mathieu.

today is August 17th and still no update in the AppStore ... what they are doing?

Probably making sick beats with it!

|../. >.< ...|

• It should be available anytime now :-)

• The BM3 update appears on my App Store updates but it says it is v3.0.1. Strange!

• Its 3 02 here

• All sorted. I had to sign out of iTunes and sign back in and the app store now shows the correct version 3.02 to be downloaded.

• Top job Mathieu this DAW is really starting to shape up.