Having some banks/pads aux sends confusement.
I’m extremely confused with some of the sends behavior with banks and/or pads.
What I do understand:
- Banks/audio tracks have independent send control (macros)
- Pads do not as their macro controls are tied to the bank. We would need independent macros per pad to have full independence.
What I’m confused with is this:
1. I have an entire banks volume turned down or I map the volume of the whole bank to a knob on my midi controller.
2. On that same bank I had some other sends being fed to a few other global effects (auxes)
3. If I bring the volume down on the fader, it’s not bringing the global volume down of everything inside that bank.
4. This makes me hear the auxiliary sends as if they were soloed regardless of post/pre sends behavior.
5. Per individual pad volume it works as intended.
So am I doing something wrong? The audio output for the entire bank goes down as intended when I bring the fader down, but the signal for each pad is still being fed to auxes. I was under the impression the volume fader for the entire bank would globally adjust volume for the entire bank (not send anything into aux tracks)
I don’t know how to set this up. Am I going to have to map the volume fader of every single pads volume to the same macro just to kill its signal from being fed into aux tracks? So confused. Sorry for any idiocracy if I’m not understanding something.