(VOTING CLOSED - Ronji wins) BM3 Battle #07: 'Bank Bank'

2»

Comments

• Thanks @Heyez! Hopefully you can jump back into the battles soon =)

I'm leaning towards finding a decent acapela or stems and making the next battle a remix free-for-all.
    maybe this

• aaaaaaaww yeah, got it. that site BLOWS so much - in terms of ux - but it has got gold in dem der hills

• I dunno if we decided what duties @tk32 is gonna assume with the battles, but I'm gonna go ahead and just make the next thread. feel free to edit it as appropriate

• That's cool.

Besides, you're just as regular in these parts as me ;)

• Here’s my tune walkthrough as promised! I didn’t go super into detail, didn’t show how I tweaked each sound or the fx I used on each bank/pad, but I think this will suffice. =)

• edited April 2018

The heart of a true champion.

This was a very generous thing to do. Nice one.

I'm tempted to propose a modification to our 'house rules' about the host not entering in their own battle, as I was looking forward to hearing your Alicia Keys remix :(

Ps. thanks for the credit/shout-out re: reverse-looping slice tails on drum loops ... oh, and I love your rate-modulated step-mod gate!

• Hosts can enter, I thought the deal was they dont fet votes.

• Hosts can enter, I thought the deal was they dont get votes.

• edited April 2018

Sure, but entering for fun is never the same as competing for votes. I understand that the idea is to stop one person (potentially) dominating every round, but you could still have a situation where 2/3 were dominating alternately.

What about letting the host receive votes, but with a -2 handicap?

Personally, I quite like the idea of challenging the reigning champ. It spurs you on to improve your skills ;)

• Just leave it open then, anyone can enter, no hsndicap.

• @5pinlink said:
    Just leave it open then, anyone can enter, no hsndicap.

I agree.

• We do need all the entries we can get.

Are you up for it @ronji?

• I'm down. I mean I'm up for it. =)

• And thanks for the kind words! Glad you liked the walkthrough, @tk32. I meant to talk more about how I changed the modulations to slow saws on that Integer bass, and how I resampled the "breakthrough" sample 4 times to get the ultra stretch. Totally spaced and I wasn't keeping track of time! Next time I'm going to make notes for myself beforehand. =)

• edited April 2018

Videos like this are really great for new users. They get to see behind-the-scenes of the creative process, and also learn some valuable tips and tricks (and hacks) along the way.

Out of interest, how did you record your narration along with the BM3 audio? I'm assuming you just used the iPad's microphone and used headphones to stop the audio output feeding back in? If so, it doesn't sound too bad.

• edited April 2018

@tk32 I used the ipad’s mic, which was set as the input source for an audio track, which was set to monitor so I could hear how loud I was coming across, also that might be required for screen recording to hear the audio track during the screen recording, and I had Brusfri on the audio track because I was in a noisy room. Of course I had headphones on as well

I know you can turn on microphone audio with the screen recording, but I don’t think you can mute the mic during recording, and you certainly can’t add Brusfri that way =)

• I figure I should make a separate thread for the video for better visibility. But should it go in BeatMakers Showcase? Or Tutorials? It's kinda both, but maybe not so much in the way of a tutorial?

• Great idea.

Tutorials sounds like the most suitable place to me.

• Thanks =)