ā€ŗ

BM3 Battle 09 - šŸ½Culinary MenageriešŸ½ - Closed for Entries

Comments

• @Audiogus said:
    I am thinking no external devices or apps with the exception of an iPhone and Audioshare in case you run over your iPad with a car... but what are the odds of that happening twice?

Hope thatā€™s not a challenge šŸ¤­

• Added a dateand stickied.

• @GusGranite said:
    As long as you record them in the kitchen lol

Hehe yah I think kitchen vocals are cool... cooking or food theme/referenced in some way?

• Any time limit on the track?
    No mastering apps?

• @5pinlink you need to enter this one!

• @GusGranite said:
    Any time limit on the track?
    No mastering apps?

I donā€™t think we need a time limit imposed... but maybe? I mean, if people find something too long they are likely to skip around so I guess it is up to individual discretion.

No mastering apps, all hardcore BM3. :)

• edited May 2018

Some inspiration. A snazzy documentary entitled...

BBC Radiophonic Workshop: The Alchemists Of Sound (2003)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5579ti

• And remember y'all if you ain't got crystal you can still get different sounds with water partially filling cups and bottles and whatnot. Toot toot!

• edited May 2018

Got my water drip percussion started.

-Inflated rubber gloves can squeak real nice, the cheaper the better it seems
    -A large metal lid dragged on a granite countertop can squeal like a rusty old saxaphone

• @Heyez said:
    Just grabbed initial samples for this. Little tip for anyone struggling for kick drums.. Whip a Tea Towel in the air a couple inches from iPad mic.... Surprisingly boomy ;)

Great tip, totaly worked!

• edited May 2018

For a different style of bassdrum, try slamming a fresh roll of paper towels onto the kitchen surface, tube-end down

• You should be able to get a big round bass sound from opening the fridge, the seal and cold creates a vacuum, if the seal is working well enough you will get a nice big scoop.

• Haha... i like how the juices are flowing already! B) :p

• Here you can see some kitchen type of things going on:

• Also the chips and microwave...hehe @tk32

• I've made a fairly decent synth from the alarm on my oven.

Hope that's within the rules :)

• Works for me! I have been shamefuly distracted by vocoders lately... sigh

• Iā€™m glad I saw this. I have time

• Itā€™s this weekend or never...

• Mine is going to be more of a spontaneous noodle than really labored but I am looking forward to it!

• Yeah, don't worry.

I don't think any of them are likely to be fully-fledged tracks - but all fun nonetheless.

I like the accidental rhythms created by the clicks and clangs of kitchen utensils and appliances.

• edited June 2018

Gotta get back on track with the battle... I've been more than a little distracted by Synthmaster One.

And I'm sure I'm probably not the only one :)

• Still populating banks šŸ˜¬

• @tk32 said:
    Gotta get back on track with the battle... I've been more than a little distracted by Synthmaster One.

And I'm sure I'm probably not the only one :)

Guilty! First it was those damned vocoders and now it is the synth with the vocoder, heh. Hmmm, mayhaps a future challenge theme in that?

• edited June 2018

Just letting everyone know up front... my entry will be more of a sound sketch than a full-blown track.

So please don't anyone be afraid to submit your kitchen creations, even if they are a little 'rough 'n ready.'

• Getting lots of these again

Weā€™ll see...

• edited June 2018

@denx

I had that happen to me too today!

I let it scan all folders and it seemed to resolve the issue, but it never tells you if the search was successful or not.. if it still can't locate samples after searching you just end up with silent patterns and missing sounds ... and worse... it stops warning after you next hit save :(

This feature really needs enhancing @mathieugarcia (please :)). For example, we'd like (A) a full list of missing samples, with their names and what bank/pad they are loaded in. We also want (B) to be able to relink missing samples one-by-one or replace them with differently named WAV files. We want to (C) be able to return to this missing samples screen at any time, and not have BM3 'resolve' this issue when then are still missing samples. And finally (D) after the autosearch completes we want to know which samples were relinked, and which were not, and have this window open every time we launch the session until we manually choose to dismiss it

In other words... exactly how missing media is handled in desktop DAWs and video editing software

• @tk32 yep, missing sounds unfortunately. Mysterious...

• But hey, weā€™re not alone šŸ‘½

• edited June 2018

Didnā€™t @5pinlink say that this was all to do with good sample organisation. And that every sample needed to be saved in the main directory and then reimported back into the session and that there would never be any crashing when does this way ? Thereā€™s another thread about this where he explains it