Synthmaster One...

...is out. The store says...

Which makes me think automation does not work in BM3. Anyone have it and tried it?

«13456

Comments

  • Tempted to pull the trigger, it does sound pretty amazing.

    Wish there was a launch discount

  • Unfortunately I think it is a launch discount if I don't remember wrong...

  • Seems to oscillate between 5 and 15 $

  • @denx
    Those are the prices for the previous Synthmaster (which was just a preset/rompler player)

    Synthmaster One is brand new, and is a fully programmable synth engine.

  • edited June 2018

    Thanks @samu

    ...I don't know why I'm complaining - it's only $15 after all, and we are getting another premium quality synth for iOS!!

  • @Audiogus said:
    ...is out. The store says...

    Which makes me think automation does not work in BM3. Anyone have it and tried it?

    Re-reading this, I wonder if parameter automation works with all hosts, but fullscreen only works in Garageband. If so, this seems odd, since Yonac Kauldron's fullscreen mode works great in BM3.

  • edited June 2018

    p.s. I'm really excited about the wavetable possibilities here. This is probably the closest thing on iOS/AUv3 compared to 'Serum' (that darling of the desktop world) so far in terms of possibilities.

    I'm not suggesting it's a Serum clone - but you can probably achieve lots of the same sounds

  • @tk32 said:
    @denx
    Those are the prices for the previous Synthmaster (which was just a preset/rompler player)

    Synthmaster One is brand new, and is a fully programmable synth engine.

    O dear, these are prices for voice synth, terribly sorry 😕

  • Apples official fullscreen only works in garageband, that is why FAC plugins only work fully in garageband too.

  • @tk32 said:

    @Audiogus said:
    ...is out. The store says...

    Which makes me think automation does not work in BM3. Anyone have it and tried it?

    Re-reading this, I wonder if parameter automation works with all hosts, but fullscreen only works in Garageband. If so, this seems odd, since Yonac Kauldron's fullscreen mode works great in BM3.

    From the AB forum it sounds like BM3 automation is working (can’t confirm that all paramters show up on current BM3 though) but Cubasis did not. So the chosen ones are Ok. ;)

    Added bonus! The dev has decided to activate a 3x and 4x oversampling option which was what was really holding me back. That update should be today or tomorrow aparently.

  • @5pinlink said:
    Apples official fullscreen only works in garageband

    And it has to be said: BM3's method for scalable/fullscreen plugin windows (same as AUM's) is a lot simpler and more elegant than Garageband's. In fact; this simple method requires no extra coding at all. The host just gives the plugin some space to work with and the plugin does its thing. In Garageband's method the plugin has to engage in an elaborate negotiation dialog with the host to agree on an optimum size.

    They could have just adopted the proven method implemented by BM3 and AUM (or query plugin developers for their opinion, because - you know - they have work with it), but instead they insisted on reinventing the wheel and came up with a triangular one. :/

  • In case anyone was wondering, this is how it looks in bm3 on my iPad Pro 2015 (12.9”)
    The arp behavior seems odd to me, but maybe I’m wrong. It doesn’t react when you move up the keyboard without releasing prior notes, but it does when you move down. Just FYI

  • @ronji said:
    In case anyone was wondering, this is how it looks in bm3 on my iPad Pro 2015 (12.9”)
    The arp behavior seems odd to me, but maybe I’m wrong. It doesn’t react when you move up the keyboard without releasing prior notes, but it does when you move down. Just FYI

    Yah that is a weird one. I think someone has brought up some sticky key issues on the AB forum... (?)

  • Yeah, I’m pretty happy with this purchase...

  • MMMmmmm, its like NAVE AU... :)

  • @ronji you should be a salesman. Your video just made me buy it. That literally sounded like native instruments absynth. Dirty dirty bass. I feel like a need a shower now

  • @ronji
    So are those Serum wavetables?

  • @Audiogus we both posted at exactly the same time on the same thread. Im sure that means something in Greek mythology, maybe we’re both descendants of mythological gods from ancient past, or maybe, just maybe I need to stop with the ol’ vino.

  • :joy:
    That's all stuff that comes with the app =) glad y'all like! I'm excited too

  • @Audiogus said:

    I knew it. I tell you I knew everything was an illusion. We’re living in a god dam matrix. Where’s that blue pill...

  • @ronji said:
    :joy:
    That's all stuff that comes with the app =) glad y'all like! I'm excited too

    I am cranking on a bunch of presets now and can’t wait to hear them with the 4x oversampling.

  • @groovey said:

    @Audiogus said:

    I knew it. I tell you I knew everything was an illusion.

    Let it take you where it may...

  • @ronji said:
    :joy:
    That's all stuff that comes with the app =) glad y'all like! I'm excited too

    Its a preset ?

  • What does 4 x sampling do?

  • edited June 2018

    @5pinlink said:

    @ronji said:
    :joy:
    That's all stuff that comes with the app =) glad y'all like! I'm excited too

    Its a preset ?

    I picked a preset (named at top at beginning of vid), I changed LFO 2 to something I forgot the name of, started recording, then I chose a different wavetable for osc 1 during the vid

  • edited June 2018

    @groovey said:
    What does 4 x sampling do?

    I am not sure of the math but the magic of 4x oversampling is that it smooths things out. Takes the grainy out of the high end and makes the bass full and roundy, not thin and choppy. A visual metaphor would be texture filtering and antialiasing in 3d graphics. Makes it sound like a real full grown vst heh.

    Here is an example posted on the AB forum of the beta...

    Oh, cant wait!

  • Nice vid @ronji

    I did try to tell you all this would be similar to Serum - perhaps now you believe me ;)

  • Not sure i would say it is similar to serum, but it has a definate NI Massive vibe to it.

  • edited June 2018

    Fair enough.

    You do seem impressed though... this is not your normal reaction to the release of 'just another (snake oil) AUv3 synth'

    ;)

Sign In or Register to comment.