Synthmaster One...

Comments

• @Audiogus said:
    I think the dev showed fullscreen AU working in Bm3 on his end now.

Nice! Also my bad, I SWEAR I tried this already, but the Routing panel does show the wavetable when you adjust the index, tone, and phase. You just have to scroll all the way to the right to see it, so you either have to use a midi controller or you have to grab a knob with one finger and scroll with another until you see the view. Of course you don't absolutely need to see the wavetable to get the right sound, but it's nice when you can.

• edited June 2018

Lol,

I left this synth open in the background (standalone mode) last night, and it ate 65% of a full battery over about 12 hours in standby.

Hopefully this gets fixed the same time as those upcoming UI and scaling tweaks

• @tk32 doesnt something similar happen if an app like BM3 is running in the background all night?

• Bm3 eats up battery life like crazy. My lastest iPad model dies within around 6-7 hours if bm3 is left open.

• edited June 2018

It sure does. That's why I always force quit BM3 after saving at the end of a music-making session.

I was going to mention it on the forums months ago, but wondered if I was just being a bit anal/OTT.

• edited June 2018

I use up about 40% on my morning coffee/commute. Makes me feel like i accomplished something. Hmmm, maybe we could generate a new currency? Battcoin?

• edited June 2018

Did someone just suggest @mathieugarcia is harvesting bitcoins whilst we make music? Surely not!!

Lol

• @tk32 said:
    Did someone just suggest @mathieugarcia is harvesting bitcoins whilst we make music? Surely not!!

Lol

Judging be the temperature of my iPad it must be Moog 😜
    Not a silly idea though. You might just have started something 😁

• I was thinking we could generate a competing currency.

PS. I don’t know how the real world works.

• Perhaps that's how iOS apps can be so cheap. They all hijack our CPUs to mine bitcoins

:)

• Have I missed something obvs or is there no way to write patches when using as AU?

• @danlethal said:
    Have I missed something obvs or is there no way to write patches when using as AU?

Dev is working on it, I‘ve read. Should be in the next release?

• From the develloper on AB forum:

By the way I submitted v1.0.5 to TestFlight with the following new features/fixes.
    EDIT: It's approved, available for test!

New Features:
    1. Added SynthMaster One FX AUv3
    2. Added MIDI Output for SynthMaster One AUv3
    3. SynthMaster One AUv3 now automatically changes ui skin when plugin window size changes
    4. Save button added to AUv3 skins
    5. Arpeggiator step volumes can now be edited

Fixes:
    1. When Hold is pressed, notes should not be released when user switches to a different tab
    2. Although host sample rate is set to 48khz/96khz, SynthMaster One AUv3 renders audio at 44.1 khz
    3. Piano view drawing takes too much time, which slows down playing with the built-in keyboard
    4. Hit area for the preset browser left/right arrows too small
    5. When built-in keyboard settings are changed, they're not reflected for the expanded keyboard in standalone app.
    6. Routing view should be brought to forward when user changes values for an envelope/filter/waveform
    7. When changing dropdown values with swipe gesture, the value increment is reversed
    8. When arpeggiator restarts at first step, it should read mode, steps, range, base time, repeat and velocity mode parameters

I guess I won't be releasing to AppStore until we reach v1.1 (should be 1st/2nd week of July), TestFlight is good :smiley: Anyone who wants to check out the latest betas let me know

• @denx said:
    From the develloper on AB forum:

By the way I submitted v1.0.5 to TestFlight with the following new features/fixes.
    EDIT: It's approved, available for test!

New Features:
    1. Added SynthMaster One FX AUv3
    2. Added MIDI Output for SynthMaster One AUv3
    3. SynthMaster One AUv3 now automatically changes ui skin when plugin window size changes
    4. Save button added to AUv3 skins
    5. Arpeggiator step volumes can now be edited

Nice one @denx thanks!

• @danlethal You’re wellcome 😊

• anyone tried applying automation to SM1?

i have been trying to apply automation to the AMP ENV parameters but can't seem to find these. There are a lot of parameters listed but wondered if there was a number limit (for example only the first 50 parameters can be listed in BM3)

anyone else have this problem?

• @cstep333 said:
    anyone tried applying automation to SM1?

i have been trying to apply automation to the AMP ENV parameters but can't seem to find these. There are a lot of parameters listed but wondered if there was a number limit (for example only the first 50 parameters can be listed in BM3)

AMP ENV does automate in Cubasis just fine. The current version of BM3 has issues not detecting certain AU parameters for other plugins as well.

People running the beta have told me that the various AUs I have issues with work for them. So, odds are good it is fixed in the next update... which should arrive... right about... ...

• So i gave in to the hype on this and bought it, big mistake, won't even run standalone, just crashes after about 30 seconds of the splash screen (Mini 2) the UI scrolling in the AU version is not very nice to me personally, it is lucky IOS stuff is so cheap.

• edited June 2018

@5pinlink said:
    So i gave in to the hype on this and bought it, big mistake, won't even run standalone, just crashes after about 30 seconds of the splash screen (Mini 2) the UI scrolling in the AU version is not very nice to me personally, it is lucky IOS stuff is so cheap.

Works on my mini2 in standalone. What OS?

• It's a shame because the sound is very nice, not as digital as Serum, so not as good at heavy Brostep or Neuro style stuff, but shame about the stability and UI.

• edited June 2018

Seems to run on my mini2 in standalone and AU the same as it does on my 2017, albeit sucking more cpu. The AU UI scrolling is not ideal for me but fullscreen is aparently coming in 2-3 weeks with the next update anyway.

• Finally got it to run in standalone after reading your post by closing and opening via the home screen about ten times, Mini 2 with latest IOS.

• I had trouble opening in standalone last night, and ended up doing a restart (worked fine after that)

The good news is there is a big update with lots of improvements ready to release in the next 1-2 weeks

• So I built up a little loop in BM3 using 8 instances on the mini2. Was quite impressed with how it handled it with only 70% cpu used (although oversampling is off by default on the mini2). Transfered the loop over to my ipad2017 and when I went to load it none of the AUs load. No error message, just blank grey where the AU should be. Went back to the mini2 and sure enough, all grey, no AUs load. When I go to delete one of the instances I get an error message that shows all 8 instances crashing.

Looks like SynthmasteOne has AU loading issues in Beatmaker3.

• @tk32 said:
    I had trouble opening in standalone last night, and ended up doing a restart (worked fine after that)

The good news is there is a big update with lots of improvements ready to release in the next 1-2 weeks

Ahh, so close to having a sweet sweet 90% mobile workflow with SMOne and BM3. Once these two settle down on the bug front all I see wanting is a nice next gen AU creative multifx plugin. Someone (Sugar Bytes?) must be cooking one up somewhere. I could easily see pretty much only buying SMOne packs for the next year, heh.

• @Audiogus said:

@tk32 said:
    I had trouble opening in standalone last night, and ended up doing a restart (worked fine after that)

Ahh, so close to having a sweet sweet 90% mobile workflow with SMOne and BM3. Once these two settle down on the bug front all I see wanting is a nice next gen AU creative multifx plugin. Someone (Sugar Bytes?) must be cooking one up somewhere. I could easily see pretty much only buying SMOne packs for the next year, heh.

Are you me ? This post is me too 100%

• testify!

• @5pinlink said:
    It's a shame because the sound is very nice, not as digital as Serum, so not as good at heavy Brostep or Neuro style stuff, but shame about the stability and UI.

this is app really is pushing the limits of ios plugins. it's an amazing app, even at 90% ready the developers should be applauded for their efforts to get this on to this format.

kv331, intua, brambos, fac and so many others give me encouragement to stay with the ios platform and i do hope that these guys are making an ok living from their efforts.

let's get behind them, these guys give us amazing apps and are engaged with the community.

• @Audiogus said:

@cstep333 said:
    anyone tried applying automation to SM1?

AMP ENV does automate in Cubasis just fine. The current version of BM3 has issues not detecting certain AU parameters for other plugins as well.

People running the beta have told me that the various AUs I have issues with work for them. So, odds are good it is fixed in the next update... which should arrive... right about... ...

thanks for checking/confirming this. hopefully the next release of BM3 is not too far away.