Why is BeatMaker 3 crashing often ?

124»

Comments

• My crashes are being caused by switching banks. No matter how many samples i use, what kind of kits, how long/short the samples are, it crashes randomly and it happens when i switch banks. Everything seems to work fine. Anyone else have this issue? I haven’t seen a post discribing this type of crash. I’ve had these crashes since the day beatmaker 3 was released.

• edited November 2018

@Luckyhandz said:
    My crashes are being caused by switching banks. No matter how many samples i use, what kind of kits, how long/short the samples are, it crashes randomly and it happens when i switch banks. Everything seems to work fine. Anyone else have this issue? I haven’t seen a post discribing this type of crash. I’ve had these crashes since the day beatmaker 3 was released.

Hi @Luckyhandz

Two quick questions that may help us to help you...

1. Are you switching banks during playback when the crash happens?
    2. Does it ever crash switching banks when the song is not playing?
  • @Luckyhandz I'd suggest sharing a session in which this happens for you to see if others can replicate, and vice versa, try a session from someone that doesn't have this problem.

• Main question here, are there AU or IAA in these banks, or just samples ?

• By reading these comments I came to find out I'm not the only 1 that have these problems. For me I came to find that auv3 plugs seem to work better with less crashes . I'm running on 2017 ipad pro 12.9
    512 gb
    And after 13 ios update I knotice more crashes .even though I had plenty before. Guess bm3 will just have to chill till so.e of these crashes get solved hopefully in next bm3 update
    What is sad bm3 doesn't come with any good Instruments. So in order to make a simple music I need at least 5 Instruments that I load in auv3 . But when it crashes .presets lost so if i chose certain piano or pluck .it would be a whole different instrument when i reload bm3. So frustrating. And the only way to eliminate this struggle is not to spend too much time in side beat maker .not yet. Hopefully future of it holds something more promising:/

• Does a memory reset help?
    Recently, I was chopping samples in BM3, and it kept crashing when saving the samples.
    I was watching Youtube videos immediately before opening BM3.
    Memory reset helped in my case.

Memory Reset for older iDevices with a physical Home button:
    Hold Power button until 'slide to power off' slider appears, let go of Power button, then hold Home button until the password prompt appears.

• ...adding on to what @petyaOn said about BM3 not coming with any good instruments... i do think there are some 'good' instruments in the sound store but man... how great would it be to see some NEW selections to purchase. There are tons of sound designers out there ..wish Vincent would think about reaching out and adding new sounds to the store. Bonus being; sound packs all work in BM3 = less use of IAA/Auv3 = less crashes.