The Bro - I'll rave in my grave

New jam / demo. Check it out guys!!!

Listen to The Bro - I’ll rave in my grave (demo master 1) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

Comments

  • Banging track @The_Bro

    Was listening on the walk to work, and when the grumbling bass comes in at 2:00 I thought I was about to be hit by a motorbike.

    Luckily it was just the track! Lol

  • @tk32 said:
    Banging track @The_Bro

    Was listening on the walk to work, and when the grumbling bass comes in at 2:00 I thought I was about to be hit by a motorbike.

    Luckily it was just the track! Lol

    Wow thanks man. Respect for the appreciation!!!

    Anyone else feeling this too? :wink:

  • edited February 5

    Needs a little more work - but I like the late 80s house vibe

    Out of interest, did you get the stab sound from a synth - or perhaps you sampled "Inner City - Big Fun" or "Good Life"?

    I think the original is a pitched-down piano stab from a Roland D50, or DX100 or possibly Korg M1 (not sure)

    @winconway will probably know..


    here's a video of a guy extracting the sample from Nitro Deluxe :)

  • edited February 5

    I'm a huge Inner City fan!!! I got the sample off a friend. Inner City got their chord driven bass off the Nitro Deluxe track 'Let's get brutal' which is a total classic!!!

    I think my chord sounds closer to this though lol.

  • Yeah - I did some digging and found this:

    Astonishing as it may be, Kevin Saunderson told his friend Mark Archer that the main synthesizer timbres on "Big Fun" were sampled from "Let's Get Brutal" (1986) by the New York project Nitro Deluxe. That doesn't take anything from "Big Fun"'s masterpiece, on the contrary; the secret lies on the way Kevin Saunderson, with the collaboration of the producers James Pennington A.K.A. Suburban Knight and Arthur Forrest on "Big Fun", used those timbres.

  • @tk32 said:
    Yeah - I did some digging and found this:

    Astonishing as it may be, Kevin Saunderson told his friend Mark Archer that the main synthesizer timbres on "Big Fun" were sampled from "Let's Get Brutal" (1986) by the New York project Nitro Deluxe. That doesn't take anything from "Big Fun"'s masterpiece, on the contrary; the secret lies on the way Kevin Saunderson, with the collaboration of the producers James Pennington A.K.A. Suburban Knight and Arthur Forrest on "Big Fun", used those timbres.

    Wow I didn't know James Pennington was involved in Big Fun. Unsung hero. He's made some awesome music as Suburban Knight. Check these.

  • Anyone else feeling this tune? :wink:

  • Hey @The_Bro

    I've just set the rules for this month's Beatmaker3 battle, and I think it's right up your street...

    Back to the early 90s

    The deadline for tracks is Sunday 3 March, and you can read about it here:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7410/bm3-battle-17-back-to-the-early-90s-deadline-3-march

  • @tk32 said:
    Hey @The_Bro

    I've just set the rules for this month's Beatmaker3 battle, and I think it's right up your street...

    Back to the early 90s

    The deadline for tracks is Sunday 3 March, and you can read about it here:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7410/bm3-battle-17-back-to-the-early-90s-deadline-3-march

    Cool. Working it on it now!! Do you want meet up man soon because I need to find out why my samples are drifting out of time lol plus be good to meet anyways dude. :smiley:

  • I thought you were going to post a video of the drift ?

  • @winconway said:
    I thought you were going to post a video of the drift ?

    Haven't got around to it to be honest. I need to resolve it though because its so frustrating. I want to make some jungle bangers!!!

  • We’re still very happy to help, just as soon as you give us something to help us understand what exactly you were doing

Sign In or Register to comment.