Beatmaker 3 + Presonus Atom Controller.. Doesnt work?

TL;DR
The Atom midi controller doesnt seem to record properly, video attached.

The Atom midi controller feels like the best portable midi pad option available right now IMHO. However it doesnt seem to work with Beatmaker 3.
I can map everything fine and its very responsive and I can play drums and samples on it perfectly. But when it comes to actually recording anything, something goes wrong. It often won't record notes I play (even though they clearly were triggered in the software) and a lot of the time when it does happen to record some of the notes, you won't be able to hear them until you stop the pattern and then press play again.
This issue does not exist when I play on the ipad screen pads directly, nor does it happen when I plug in my Akai MPD218 pad controller. The MPD218 almost was exactly what I wanted but unfortunately has issues with double triggering notes. The Atom has amazing pads, has a ton of controls and is even more compact than the 218! I'd really love to use it but for some reason I cant get it working and cant find ANY info on people using it with Beatmaker 3.

Here is a video I made of the issue I am talking about.

Comments

• Here is a better demonstration video I made to show the problem.

• Hello,
    It seems to not always registering note off events.
    Is it possibly a configuration or a mode on the device itself ?

All the best,
    Vincent.

• @vincent said:
    Hello,
    It seems to not always registering note off events.
    Is it possibly a configuration or a mode on the device itself ?

All the best,
    Vincent.

Unfortunately it is not a controller mode etc. It actually works great until BM3 is in recording mode, then it starts acting weird. I have used the Atom controller with many other ipad apps and Beatmaker is the only one that gets confused when using it.
    I think your email said you werent familiar with this controller? The Presonus Atom is the best portable MIDI drum pad controller I've used. Its super compact, has great response, no double trigger like the MPD series has. I've owned almost every model of maschine, both pushes, and still have two MPDs at the moment... Im not an expert necessarily but have had years of familiarity with this stuff. Definitely check that one out.
    I also found another user on the Beatmaker dischord chanel that said they own an Atom and have the exact same issue; it works great until you try to record.
    Let me know if you can test this out. This controller would be perfect for Beatmaker so I was disappointed that the app acts weird when you begin recording.

• That was me. I'll give it another try again soon and see if I still get the same issue. I was using the wej when I had this issue and thought it was bluetooth related. Will try with the camera kit and report back.