EXPORT

Beatmaker3 might as well be a trap!

Getting midi out is impossible at the moment
Getting stems out is time consuming and frustrating

When i export audio I expect that all the pads are stemmed, but more than not...things will not have stemmed...its enough to make you throw your ipad.

Are we still supporting this devs?
or is this a dead end to use?

and don't gather round my post fellow forum members unless you have a working answer...telling me im poking at your golden cow isnt going to fix you nor I

Comments

  • you still care enough to post here, so it shows the love is deep - despite what you say

    <3

  • I don't have his issues. When I export all my stems per pad are exported when selected.

  • edited August 27

    @MicGee$ said:
    Beatmaker3 might as well be a trap!

    indeed, it has captured my heart very well! :heart:

    Getting midi out is impossible at the moment

    I can do it. Just midi outed to Cubasis a couple weeks ago. All is well.

    Getting stems out is time consuming and frustrating

    It sometimes requires two passes for me. Pass 1. Select every pad. Export to audioshare, check for blanks. Pass 2. Re-export just the blanks. I just did about a dozen tunes this way a couple weeks ago on my 10.5 Pro. My 2017 base ipad was indeed slower and more frustrating.

    When i export audio I expect that all the pads are stemmed, but more than not...things will not have stemmed...its enough to make you throw your ipad.

    Throw it my way and I will find it a good home!

    Are we still supporting this devs?

    I ams, at least in my :heart: as I don't need IAP. But really maybe I should just buy some IAP. I would buy IAP features like Audio Tracks 2.0. Oh that would be nice!

    or is this a dead end to use?

    The past two months have been great for me! 10.5 Pro, Fabfilters and perma-grin! I use it all the time! Love it! Love it! Love it! Oh yah, heartzes... :heart: :heart: :heart:

    and don't gather round my post fellow forum members unless you have a working answer...telling me im poking at your golden cow isnt going to fix you nor I

    Wouldn't dream of it Mooooohooohawhawhaw!

  • @Audiogus said:

    @MicGee$ said:
    Beatmaker3 might as well be a trap!

    indeed, it has captured my heart very well! :heart:

    haha okay then...

    Getting midi out is impossible at the moment

    I can do it. Just midi outed to Cubasis a couple weeks ago. All is well.

    Midifiles of tracks, rather

    Getting stems out is time consuming and frustrating

    It sometimes requires two passes for me. Pass 1. Select every pad. Export to audioshare, check for blanks. Pass 2. Re-export just the blanks. I just did about a dozen tunes this way a couple weeks ago on my 10.5 Pro. My 2017 base ipad was indeed slower and more frustrating.

    lossy it is indeed, had to select each and every pad...one at a time

    When i export audio I expect that all the pads are stemmed, but more than not...things will not have stemmed...its enough to make you throw your ipad.

    Throw it my way and I will find it a good home!

    more of a feeling not a doing...

    Are we still supporting this devs?

    I ams, at least in my :heart: as I don't need IAP. But really maybe I should just buy some IAP. I would buy IAP features like Audio Tracks 2.0. Oh that would be nice!

    i was asking the developers if they were still on board..

    or is this a dead end to use?

    The past two months have been great for me! 10.5 Pro, Fabfilters and perma-grin! I use it all the time! Love it! Love it! Love it! Oh yah, heartzes... :heart: :heart: :heart:

    you may be just a little too excited for something thats really quite broken in places

    and don't gather round my post fellow forum members unless you have a working answer...telling me im poking at your golden cow isnt going to fix you nor I

    Wouldn't dream of it Mooooohooohawhawhaw!

    I expected it

  • @tk32 said:
    you still care enough to post here, so it shows the love is deep - despite what you say

    <3

    It says...I would like to love this app, but its hard to do at times

  • @hansjbs said:
    I don't have his issues. When I export all my stems per pad are exported when selected.

    when you export stems they always export? really? it works about every 5th time for me

  • edited August 28

    @MicGee$ said:
    you may be just a little too excited for something thats really quite broken in places

    Perhaps. I started out on this ios app thing in 2011 and it was all super shanty then. The broken bits of BM3 seem to be the price for more ambitious features than most apps. I give it (iOS) three years and i wager i will have little to moan about.

    Now for my modest laundry list...

    -should be able to split and merge patterns on the timeline and retain automation
    -slice to pads with create pattern dies on a session after a few reslices
    -slice to pads with create pattern should allow for gaps and spaces
    -automation is sketchy/buggy with this terrible vertical value squish of death bug
    -using more than 64 slices on a sample gets crashy when double tapping a slice to audition
    -audio track features are very minimal (separate list/agenda likely never happen)
    -monitoring is kinda messed up
    -uhhh, oh yah some people want midi clock

    Thats it for me really.

    PS. why the hell isnt multithreading for audio apps a thing on iOS?

  • edited August 29

    @Audiogus said:
    I started out on this ios app thing in 2011 and it was all super shanty then. The broken bits of BM3 seem to be the price for more ambitious features than most apps. I give it (iOS) three years and i wager i will have little to moan about.

    This!

    I also accept occasional hiccups as the exchange for the most fun and ambitious DAW on iOS.

    In my experience, the users having the least issues are..

    • Using more recent iPad models
      ideally Pros, which 'crucially' have more RAM

    • Using the latest version of BM3
      one of the recent complainants said he was still using 3.0.10

    • Through repeated use have learnt which conditions are most likely to crash the app
      eg too many slices, unloading a synth plugin during playback, etc.

    • Realise that many hobbies and creative activities involve learning to be Zen when it comes to the forces of nature
      take the art of pottery, for example, where throughout history incredible sculpted creations have frequently and inexplicably exploded in the kiln

    .

    Appreciate you AudioGus <3

  • edited August 28

    @MicGee$ said:

    @hansjbs said:
    I don't have his issues. When I export all my stems per pad are exported when selected.

    when you export stems they always export? really? it works about every 5th time for me

    Yes every time and I do this every time without issues so what version are you using and what iPad do you have?

  • edited August 28

    @MicGee$ a lot of us here have our frustrations with BM3 and a lot has been said about a lot of the broken stuff but most of us still use it daily and some have moved on. I would suggest you make your own decision about your relationship with BM3. This recent post you’ve made is all over the forum so saying it one more time is really not helping the developer. He told us an update is coming. Once the update drops re-evaluate what BM3 means to YOU. If it’s good cool if it’s not do what the others did.

  • @tk32 said:

    @Audiogus said:
    I started out on this ios app thing in 2011 and it was all super shanty then. The broken bits of BM3 seem to be the price for more ambitious features than most apps. I give it (iOS) three years and i wager i will have little to moan about.

    This!

    I also accept occasional hiccups as the exchange for the most fun and ambitious DAW on iOS.

    Auria Pro is more ambitious, not fun tho...laughing out loud

    In my experience, the users having the least issues are..

    • Using more recent iPad models I have a first gen 12” pro
      ideally Pros, which 'crucially' have more RAM

    • Using the latest version of BM3 yup latest
      one of the recent complainants said he was still using 3.0.10

    • Through repeated use has learnt which conditions are most likely to crash the app I know a few crash certainties
      eg too many slices, unloading a synth plugin during playback, etc.

    • Realises that many hobbies and creative activities involve learning to be Zen when it comes to the forces of nature I’m about as zen as it gets...from daily meditation, nightly cymatics, and monthly sensory dep tank floats
      take the art of pottery, for example, where throughout history incredible sculpted creations have frequently and inexplicably exploded in the kiln

    .

    Appreciate you AudioGus <3

    =)

  • @tk32

    Appreciate you AudioGus <3

    Awww, I appreciate your wisdom and outstanding efforts!

  • edited August 29

    @hansjbs said:
    @MicGee$ a lot of us here have our frustrations with BM3 and a lot has been said about a lot of the broken stuff but most of us still use it daily and some have moved on. I would suggest you make your own decision about your relationship with BM3. This recent post you’ve made is all over the forum so saying it one more time is really not helping the developer. He told us an update is coming. Once the update drops re-evaluate what BM3 means to YOU. If it’s good cool if it’s not do what the others did.

    I do make my own decisions, but thanks for suggesting that I do. Bm3 is an app, not a relationship. I posted it for the chance that somebody would help solve the problem...as you would get if you read it. I figured somebody in this forum may have a magic technique ...I guess not. Bm2 exports midifiles and stems better... I was trying to bring 20+ projects over to LPX for arranging and mastering...but almost decided to forget it. Absolutely every other app I have, from imaschine, Gadget, to beathawk can export no problem...

    I wouldn’t hold my breath for the update... not saying it’s not going to drop, but I wouldn’t think it’ll be soon given the changes as of lately. My fingers are crossed!

    i’ll Just have to use my mpclive and akai force until it does drop...getting stems to my computer is still my workflow until iPads have real daw power.

    NOTE: I can’t nail down what is happening for certain...but when you select all, you still have to go into the pads and select all there too, and it renders some pads and not others. For anybody wanting the most success from this...here’s what I ended up having to do.

    I selected the channels to render for instruments and copied multiple instruments to its own a,b,c,d group...then rendered

    For pads I went into the pads and selected just the ones with content

    This seemed to work the best. It was a long steppy process, but it rendered the stems I needed

    Just in case others need to know what works for now

  • For midi I just pulled up each project and ‘screen shotted’ the sequencer...so I could enter it all in on logics sequencer.

  • @MicGee$ said:
    For midi I just pulled up each project and ‘screen shotted’ the sequencer...so I could enter it all in on logics sequencer.

    If only we had a Piano roll screenshot to Midi file converter. It could analyze your piano roll screenshots, detect each note, then calculate the relative pitch and timing intervals between them.

    All you would have to do is manually enter the pitch of the first note in the sequence, and use a marquee select to draw a region of precise time scale (eg a selection that covers exactly 8 bars).

    Part joking; part serious.

    Do you think this is viable @blueveek ?

  • @tk32 said:

    Do you think this is viable @blueveek ?

    I still recall being able to drag clips from the time-line to the file-manager but that's just a dream from the days the legendary 3.1 update was still in beta...

    When thinking about it, why not just replace the entire piano roll in BM3 with the awesome work he did with Atom :)

  • @MicGee$ said:

    @hansjbs said:
    @MicGee$ a lot of us here have our frustrations with BM3 and a lot has been said about a lot of the broken stuff but most of us still use it daily and some have moved on. I would suggest you make your own decision about your relationship with BM3. This recent post you’ve made is all over the forum so saying it one more time is really not helping the developer. He told us an update is coming. Once the update drops re-evaluate what BM3 means to YOU. If it’s good cool if it’s not do what the others did.

    I do make my own decisions, but thanks for suggesting that I do. Bm3 is an app, not a relationship. I posted it for the chance that somebody would help solve the problem...as you would get if you read it. I figured somebody in this forum may have a magic technique ...I guess not. Bm2 exports midifiles and stems better... I was trying to bring 20+ projects over to LPX for arranging and mastering...but almost decided to forget it. Absolutely every other app I have, from imaschine, Gadget, to beathawk can export no problem...

    I wouldn’t hold my breath for the update... not saying it’s not going to drop, but I wouldn’t think it’ll be soon given the changes as of lately. My fingers are crossed!

    i’ll Just have to use my mpclive and akai force until it does drop...getting stems to my computer is still my workflow until iPads have real daw power.

    NOTE: I can’t nail down what is happening for certain...but when you select all, you still have to go into the pads and select all there too, and it renders some pads and not others. For anybody wanting the most success from this...here’s what I ended up having to do.

    I selected the channels to render for instruments and copied multiple instruments to its own a,b,c,d group...then rendered

    For pads I went into the pads and selected just the ones with content

    This seemed to work the best. It was a long steppy process, but it rendered the stems I needed

    Just in case others need to know what works for now

    I did read it but the way you started your post was not the most pleasant to read and would result in maybe a few comments, think about that. If you start a convo with a negative tone why would you expect a positive tone in response?

    If you don’t have some kind of relationship with whatever music tools you’re using than you’re not really making music. Music is all about emotions.

    With that said. I either select all or go and manually select what I want to export and for me works every time.
    I don’t ever have to go in the pads and select all also that doesn’t seem right, why would you have to do that?With AUV3 apps and AUFX. Don’t think I ever exported more than 6 banks tho.

  • Hello there,

    @MicGee$ What would you have improved in the audio export ? (I know there is room for improvements but it would be more efficient if you guys tell us directly what would be best for you).

    We've jut implemented MIDI export so you'll have a chance to tell us what you're expecting exactly on that.

    Keep it tidy,
    Vincent B.

  • @MicGee$ There are other threads on the forum about this issue, at least one I can recall participating in, and that was the general solution, export tracks and pads in separate passes. BM3's export process makes it seem like you can do it all in one go, but the results end up inconsistent with blank stems that shouldn't be blank.

    I think either BM3 should be able to do both, or the process should be changed so you clearly can only choose one or the other, pads or tracks, so it's clear what to expect.

  • Haha, you posted the original thread I was referring to, @MicGee$
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6142/export-of-stems

  • @ronji said:
    Haha, you posted the original thread I was referring to, @MicGee$
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6142/export-of-stems

    Over a year and a half ago? It’s still just as broken...

  • @vincent said:
    Hello there,

    @MicGee$ What would you have improved in the audio export ? (I know there is room for improvements but it would be more efficient if you guys tell us directly what would be best for you).

    We've jut implemented MIDI export so you'll have a chance to tell us what you're expecting exactly on that.

    Keep it tidy,
    Vincent B.

    When beatmaker 3 exports ‘all tracks’ and pads, some of the pads will not contain audio...even though there should be. If you are working with a more complicated song this could be a time consuming process finding what did and did not render.

    Will be nice to have midi export as well.

  • Would these affect BM3's stability? or cause exporting problems?
    Using WAV files with different sample rates? Session with 44.1, 48, and 96kHz wav files.
    Very long names for wav files? "Reverb Keynote MR-101 Auto Rhythm Sample Pack_Snare.wav"

    Some desktop software won't let you mix & match sample rates. Others have limits on file name length.
    I have a habit of converting everything to 16bit 44.1khz, and using short names. Thanks.

  • @samu said:

    @tk32 said:

    Do you think this is viable @blueveek ?

    I still recall being able to drag clips from the time-line to the file-manager but that's just a dream from the days the legendary 3.1 update was still in beta...

    When thinking about it, why not just replace the entire piano roll in BM3 with the awesome work he did with Atom :)

    Am very curious about the future of Atom. The brilliant @blueveek has not been around here or the AB forum for a while. Traveling the world? Working for Intua? Hmmm...

  • @Audiogus I wouldn’t be at all surprised if someone offered Blueveek a job. Very talented, friendly and humble guy.

    Last time I spoke with him he was very busy with real life commitments, but also keen to get back into working on an Atom update.

  • I predict that the more he's tagged on an IOS forum, the less likely he is to make an appearance and update Atom and Midi Tools. :) :) :)

  • @StudioES said:
    I predict that the more he's tagged on an IOS forum, the less likely he is to make an appearance and update Atom and Midi Tools. :) :) :)

    Like an inverse Candyman thing? I’ve seen that before...

  • Maybe a little more chirpy like Beetlejuice.
    I believe Mozilla is rolling out a new OS, so maybe he's super busy with that.

  • edited September 2

    @vincent said:
    Hello there,

    @MicGee$ What would you have improved in the audio export ? (I know there is room for improvements but it would be more efficient if you guys tell us directly what would be best for you).

    We've jut implemented MIDI export so you'll have a chance to tell us what you're expecting exactly on that.

    Keep it tidy,
    Vincent B.

    Hello, Vincent:

    I would like to see MIDI export to tracks, like we would export our synths to get in DAW PC.
    My requests for export:
    1. One folder for export. I would like not to see many folders. I would prefer to add export folder into session folder and get out everything from there. Now I have problem because I render once my tracks, send it to my musicians, they're telling things to do, I do, but I'll have another folder for export.
    2. Maybe some multiout export support. In old days with hardware we had many outs on MPC, drum machines. Our hi-hats were closed and opened and were going to "out" for hats, IN BM3 we only can export closed hat and open hat on separate tracks. Because of separate export folder I have situation that when I export hats seperately they are going to different folder.
    3. so MIDI export folder is a nice thing. It would contain our tracks for instruments.
    4. add mono export. For example sometimes I'm using Beathawk as a sound design tool. I make my own samples. Sometimes they're made in stereo, sometimes it's mono. So I would like to have "export mono as mono" button.

  • @Audiogus said:

    @MicGee$ said:
    you may be just a little too excited for something thats really quite broken in places

    Perhaps. I started out on this ios app thing in 2011 and it was all super shanty then. The broken bits of BM3 seem to be the price for more ambitious features than most apps. I give it (iOS) three years and i wager i will have little to moan about.

    Now for my modest laundry list...

    -should be able to split and merge patterns on the timeline and retain automation
    -slice to pads with create pattern dies on a session after a few reslices
    -slice to pads with create pattern should allow for gaps and spaces
    -automation is sketchy/buggy with this terrible vertical value squish of death bug
    -using more than 64 slices on a sample gets crashy when double tapping a slice to audition
    -audio track features are very minimal (separate list/agenda likely never happen)
    -monitoring is kinda messed up
    -uhhh, oh yah some people want midi clock

    Thats it for me really.

    PS. why the hell isnt multithreading for audio apps a thing on iOS?

    This list is right as rain 👆. I'd like to be able to add banks and change parameters while transport is going without crashes. Ableton export would be huge too.

Sign In or Register to comment.