Notes dropping at loop start?

Kinda annoying when working on a section & notes at loop start drop out. I don’t know what’s causing this, bug or something else? BM3 v3.0.13 iPad2 Pro iOS 13.2.


  • edited November 2019

    I've had this happen sometimes on loops in versions prior to the update. It may not be a new issue. The only thing I can suggest is maybe zooming way in and putting that first beat a tiny bit after the beginning of the clip.

    I'll see if I can find some time to get a simple project going where the problem is reproducible. If so then I'll post it here.

  • edited November 2019

    It’s not new, it’s a long standing bug, and during testing we believe we have determined this only happens with samples that use an AHDSR amp envelope, as the AHD envelope doesn’t have this problem. Still not fixed yet.

  • I see, thank you.

  • edited November 2019

    The thread (link below) was/is about a similar, but opposite bug, (only a slither of the sound was played, on loop), (they may all be related.)

    (Although the above vid sounds like the loop (or sample) is not looped perfectly). Maybe that’s what is meant, (not droped notes).

    Don’t know if the below bug been fixed, not making tests with BM3 as I used to.

    2 years ago...


    I may start rereleasing some old threads..
    Not sure how developer(s) todo lists are handled (all differently I suppose). But we/I shouldn’t need to revitalise threads.
    We have no idea what is being looked into, and sometimes what is supposed to be fixed. Especially when the update log in the store says something like “Bug fixes”... lol - Although, respectfully Intua are quite detailed in their update logs. (so there is good!) ✌🏼

  • Nah it’s not the looping on the sample, none of those samples are set to loop. It does this even on one bar single note patterns. Throws me off. Don’t remember this being a problem before I updated.

  • edited November 2019

    "Throws me off"
    Yep! that's the thing right there..

    If you haven't done so already, one thing I always advise (for many music 'or other' apps, & to anyone) is to start a new session/project, and test it there, (the amount of times a new session has saved me pulling my hair out).
    If it works fine, then one could debug the session where the bug is.

    Start by *deleting track by track (listening in between) until your left with the bugged one (_if,_ you have to delete so many)
    Then, remove stuff like AU's etc, then set parameter to defaults etc, etc, etc.)
    Even Ableton link 'switched on' can throw things off in some situations, believe it or not, (and not just timing)

    • The above advice is for 'ALL' who come across bugs - not just this case.

    So many time its just a button or switch etc. (which also could be a bug)

    (*If one is nervous about deleting tracks, save a 2nd version of your project first) - it only saves data, (not doubling up the samples) in _most_ apps anyway.


  • edited November 2019

    Looks like the latest update has awakened me from my BM3 - 'reports' - slumber.
    Now that we are 'hopefully' able to influence change/progression again.
    @vincent Cheers!

  • Yep, same issue. Pretty big one to go unpatched for so long.

  • edited November 2019

    ADSR engine has a slight issue and it has been well documented by the beta team.

    For now, To prevent retrigger issues with loop brace or tapping the timeline (green play button) these are your options:

    1. Nudge your first note if triggering downbeat of a pattern. Works fine at smallest grid setting (free) i believe. You just nudge it one block. Am I right @ronji ? I forget.

    2. Use AHD engine

    3. Bypass ADSR/AHD engine entirely in modulations tab in sampler view.

    Hope this helps all!

  • edited December 2019

    I have the same problem even if I use an AUv3 instrument instead of a Internal sampler instrument.... a little bit annoying wor working/tweaking in loop mode....

    Surprisingly, no problem when looping in scene mode...

  • I think you are experiencing an issue with your workflow while working on a section and notes in BM3 v3.0.13 on your iPad Pro. It could be caused by a bug in the software, or it could be related to other factors such as hardware limitations, file corruption, or a conflict with other apps running on your device.

    Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

    Restart your iPad and try working on the section and notes again. Sometimes simply restarting your device can fix the issue.

    Check for software updates. Make sure that both BM3 and iOS on your iPad Pro are up to date. If there are any updates available, install them and try working on the section and notes again.

    Clear the cache and data of BM3 app. This can be done by going to Settings > General > iPad Storage > BM3 > Offload App or Delete App.

    Reset the BM3 app. This can be done by double-tapping the Home button to access the app switcher, then swipe up on the BM3 app to force quit it. Then, open BM3 again and try working on the section and notes.

    If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the BM3 app. This will clear all the app data and start fresh.

    If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may want to reach out to the BM3 support team for further assistance or report the issue to their bug tracker. They will be able to provide you with more specific help related to their app.
    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other query or software related issues.

Sign In or Register to comment.