Show us your BM3 rig!

Hey all,
What about sharing our BM3 rigs? Hardware controllers, audio and midi interfaces, etc. that play well (or those that should be avoided) with BM3, etc.

Comments

• edited February 10

Mine is very simple...

...not even sure you could call it a rig.

On the go:

• iPad + BM3 + Headphones

At home:

• Above + Korg NanoKEY Studio + Korg MicroKEY Air 61

Everything is bluetooth, except for the headphones ;)

• iPad Pro 12.9 1st gen. Alesis idock 2. Nektar 88 keyboard. Roland SE-02. Korg Minilogue XD. Denon 9” cd/usb turntable. Technics SL1210. Desktop with Cubase 10... Vermona retroverb.

I now start all my tracks on BM3 and finish them in Cubase. Although BM3 is so buggy it’s almost unusable.
    Preying for an update soon

• iPad 9.7", BM3, korg nanokey 2, headphones / aux port in vehicle
    ...less mobile version adds a usb hub, yamaha MSP5 monitors, audient id14, microbrute, juno 60.

• Do your iPads manage to power your keyboards/controllers?
    Mine doesn't...

• My current setup:
    iPad 10.5"
    Arturia AudioFuse (it's the only audio/midi interface with phono inputs that I've found - have you guys found any other?)
    Lightning to lightning+USB adapter
    Akai MPK mini
    Pro-Ject turntable
    Headphones

I'll try Launchpad Xs in a near future.

• Although BM3 is so buggy it’s almost unusable.

Preying for an update soon

What are your specific issues?

• @pask74 said:
    My current setup:
    iPad 10.5"
    Arturia AudioFuse (it's the only audio/midi interface with phono inputs that I've found - have you guys found any other?)
    Lightning to lightning+USB adapter
    Akai MPK mini
    Pro-Ject turntable
    Headphones

I'll try Launchpad Xs in a near future.

Keith mcmillen k-mix has phono preamp built-in

• edited February 13

I use BM3 mostly live without any hardware just to feel free. It triggers samples, plays wav files. Sometimes I would like to connect it to audiointerface, but in fact I need most minimal setup live without any midi-controllers.
    If I'm at home with my gear it can be combination with Arturia Beatstep or my Keyrig 25 or anything else).

• Cool. How you find the RX-7? I used to have an RX-15 but it broke. :-(

• @The_Bro said:
    Cool. How you find the RX-7? I used to have an RX-15 but it broke. :-(

It has old-fashioned interface where they hide some menus and actions to save space. You could simply set volume for sounds in RX-5, but this had only stereo-output and tweaking sounds is a mess. Really it is more simple to program beat with Volca beats for me. Sounds are simple, you can get them with downloading sample packs. So... it's useless as a module I think. Just sample it and use then)

• @bargale said:
    Keith mcmillen k-mix has phono preamp built-in

Good to know, thanks!