ERROR: "Some samples couldn't be found..."

This error message comes up when loading a session. I choose "Search the whole BM3 directory..." and after a moment the session loads, but when I save and reload, I get the same error message on loading. I've tried saving and rescanning the database--same result. I've tried saving and hard resetting the database--same result.

What am I missing here, or is this a bug?

Comments

  • Did you move the location of where the samples where?

  • edited March 1

    Hey @blisshome

    We are currently trying to help you with this issue on Discord (where you also posted this question)

    Here's a transcript of the advice given so far...

  • Thanks all! I had wrangled all my samples into the session folder, but I had not tried to "Save AS". Will do that shortly.

  • UPDATE: I tried the suggested "Save As" methods and no joy. I wonder if I could have deleted a sample but still have a pad connected to it but not being used in my song, so I'm going to clear all pads other than those being used in the song (wouldn't that be a handy button).

  • UPDATE 2: While clearing unused pads, I found an in-use pad that was pointing to a sample that somehow had gotten renamed with "[100]" tacked onto the end of the original name. When I responded to the "missing sample" error with "Search the whole BM3 directory...", BM3 somehow figured out that the renamed sample was the one I needed, but it didn't update the pad's information. So after saving to a new session name "with samples" (with or without rescanning the database, the error would pop up again the next time I loaded the session.

  • I’ve started a similar thread a few weeks ago.
    Something goes wrong in BM3’s files management, apparently.
    I’ve managed to minimize the issues by « saving as » as soon as the session is created and then save banks with samples and patterns.
    Now, I’m unsure whether this duplicates the samples, which wouldn’t be effective either...

Sign In or Register to comment.