Creating multisample presets

edited August 2011 in Support
I have created a bunch of presets from the Yamaha Motif XS into the keyboard sampler. Problem is i cannot figure out how to make the wav files loop smoothly enough to sustain the sound like the original preset sounds do. I tried to set the loop at a certain point in the wav, and set the note range to hold+loop, but i always get a stop and start type loop when i hold a note instead of a smooth sustaining note. Has anyone had success with doing this with string/synth/key sounds? I know it can be done, as the sounds that come with the app are wavs and they loop perfect...

Comments

• edited 2:50AM
    In another post I asked Intua if in a next update they can implement the wav imported to also load loop points from its metadata, that would greatly improve this same problem i've experimented... I usually loop my wavs on my desktop with pro software and the resulting wav contains that info.

I really hope this feature can be added soon.
    Ragno; what software do you use to loop the wavs correctly? Once it's looped and imported will BM2 recognize the loop parameters that were previously done for each sample?
    Mobetta;

I use redmatica's keymap pro... It's a software to create pro instruments... It has very powefull autolooping features... A bit pricey though... Goes for about $250.00

But acid pro would also be a choice.

If intua implements reading loop points from wav metadata, then yes, bm2 would read the loops.. It would be awesome, a really powerfull feature imho.

They pretty much just have to load the looping info contained in the wav or aiff files... Pretty standard on pro daws for desktop nowadays.
    Hi,

About loop points: BeatMaker 2 reads loop points as defined in the WAVE and AIFF format standard. When loading a sample into the keyboard sampler, make sure the trigger mode is set to "HOLD+LOOP". You can also verify your loop settings by tapping on the EDIT SAMPLE button.

To have your sample files loop smoothly, what you can do is apply a CROSSFADE (from the DSP menu inside the wave lab) to the looping region. It should eliminate most of the audio clicks that can happen when looping a region.

Hope this helps,
    Colin
    I'll check it out tonight... Last time I checked I was on 2.0
    In deed my Wav's load the loop points, my aiffs don't dunno why ... and they came from exactly the same source...

I did the crossfade on the samples... sometimes I get clicks, sometimes I don't ... I shouldn't though because the sample has a perfect loop...
    Thanks for your inputs ! Really appreciated.

Ragno: Would you mind sharing with us one or two samples that doesn't work? (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@intua.net">support@intua.net</a><!-- e -->)

Vincent.
    Vincent;

I've uploaded and sent you the link via email.

Best Regards
    Hi,

We improved our AIFF markers reader, and now it reads your specific AIFF correctly.
    Your file has 4 markers (start/end/loop start/loop end), when generally only 2 are stored within that specific AIFF chunk.
    The fix will be available in BeatMaker 2.1.3.

Cheers
    Vincent;

That sounds great... I'm pretty shure that the reason my aif's give you 4 marker points is because start, indicates where it should start pre-fade / loop start is where it should start the loop / loop end is where the loop point returns to the loop start/ end is the post-fade section.

One question... would it be possible to use this sections to make the fading without having to destructively edit the waveforms?

I really think it would be a better way to adjust fadings and achieve the best sounding loops all within the app.

Warmest Regards