Feature Request: Enable saving of aux channel presets

Cant seem to at the moment. I would have expected pressing the ... menu and seeing the option to save the channel state much like I can save a bank preset. but its not there...

Comments

• I 'think' someone mentioned fx chain presets are in the works to be added at some point.
  • @Nick said:
    Cant seem to at the moment. I would have expected pressing the ... menu and seeing the option to save the channel state much like I can save a bank preset. but its not there...

+1

• Reading the above posts again. Think I misunderstood/missed some current BM3 functionality. Can you save/revert bank channel states atm? While sequencer running? If yes, that's a big deal for performance tweaks > revert :)
  • I like the idea to save FX chains. This could be added to any track.
    Quick question, does any of you really use effect presets? I feel it's a bit buried within the app.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• @mathieugarcia I don't really feel like the individual fx are deep enough individually to really require me to make presets. When I'm using something with a lot of tweakable params like soundtoys echoboy I'll occasionally save a preset. But with the BM3 fx I feel like most of the time the params available are just going to be things I'll normally need to cater to the current sample/task in any case.

Not knocking the FX. They serve their purpose well and I've been pleasantly surprised with how useable the reverb is for example. Just personally I'm probably not going to use individual fx presets very often. I'm sure they'll get used by lots of other users tho and it's a nice option to have included :)

FX Chains presets I'd use for sure. I've had some really nice results stacking bm3 fx in to sends and it would definitely save time/tedium to be able to browse/load those chains quickly.
  • edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia said:
    I like the idea to save FX chains. This could be added to any track.
    Quick question, does any of you really use effect presets? I feel it's a bit buried within the app.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

I do in Logic Pro - and would use it on BM3.
    EQ-Settings for example (as a starting point for cutting low end and such) - especially when you otherwise have to "activate" all the different bands by hand - it's more convinient with a preset.
    Or if I setup and tweak an AUX channel reverb setting as a go to setup with my favourite reverb - then presets and channels recalls are pretty neat. B)

• edited July 2017

@mathieugarcia

My effects presets are gradually building up. I have some for different room/hall reverb settings as well as SV Filter (EQ) preset settings and delay settings. In fact on every bank I always set up a mastering fx chain (EQ, Compression, Reverb). I suppose I could save blank banks with the FX settings as a template, however, being able to save the chain would of course be the next logical step. If these could be saved with macro bindings that would be even better but I would guess that is saved to the bank instead of the fx module? This of course leads into the next idea for bundled banks that ship with the app, in the same vein that Ableton and Renoise have various blank racks with FX settings?

• FX presets and Chains, definitely needed.
  • @mathieugarcia said:
    I like the idea to save FX chains. This could be added to any track.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

YES - I use FX presets and would certainly use FX chains :)

• I'd love to be able to change the order of effects (or insert one into an earlier point of the chain). Saving preset chains would definitely make workflow a lot quicker though
  • Click on the 3 dots, you can change the order of effects ;)
  • Excellent, cheers!
  • @mathieugarcia I use FX presets but would love some downloadable preset content from you guys at intua. Also would love to be able to save presets for my AU’s like in Cubasis

• Go to the resource section of the forum @rwsmth you will find my reverb presets there, i will add more for other effects soon.