Audio tracks

It's probably a feature that has been requested but I'll add it here anyway.

Audio tracks that can be routed to receive from either banks/individual pads, interapp audio plugins, other audio channels, and import audio from AudioShare or audio paste.

Also as has been mentioned when the audio recorder is activated the window should automatically disappear from view to allow the user to do other things like play the session, automate and modulate etc.

If the audio recorder could somehow be integrated with IAA/AB similar and Blocswave, i.e. Recording takes of predetermined loop lengths while in another app... awesomeness.

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It's probably a feature that has been requested but I'll add it here anyway.

Audio tracks that can be routed to receive from either banks/individual pads, interapp audio plugins, other audio channels, and import audio from AudioShare or audio paste.

This is how it already works. Not sure about audioshare or audiopaste, as i dont use either, but i think i remember bm3 has them.

@LucidMusicInc said:

If the audio recorder could somehow be integrated with IAA/AB similar and Blocswave, i.e. Recording takes of predetermined loop lengths while in another app... awesomeness.

You can select a predetermined audio loop length already, and make it record in sync, in case you want to record some certain length loop from blocs wave for example. IAA/AB things can be loaded to one pad, and then make the audio track to listen to that pad.

Or am i missing something about what you are looking to do?

• @Tomes referring to the audio tracks, not bank tracks.
  • edited August 2017

@LucidMusicInc said:
    @Tomes referring to the audio tracks, not bank tracks.

Make an audio track, click on the window that shows scenes, click record sample, select internal as recording source, and select bank or pad you want the audio track to listen to, select either threshold or sync recording more. And ofc arm the audio track.

Does this do what you are looking for?

• edited August 2017
    Ok I mean audiotracks recording from audiotracks, in other words if I'm using loops in scenes, rather than putting the loops in banks I just make audiotracks and load the loops there. What I want to do in lieu of the copy paste scene scenario is do clip launch live recording. Get me now? :p
  • I would suggest MIDI and Audio should be able to be sent anywhere, each Pad/Bank/Track should have an input and output for audio and MIDI, internal and external, but also multiple (recieve multiple MIDI/Audio streams, send multiple MIDI audio streams)
  • Aye, we want Midi tracks too.
  • @LucidMusicInc said:
    Ok I mean audiotracks recording from audiotracks, in other words if I'm using loops in scenes, rather than putting the loops in banks I just make audiotracks and load the loops there. What I want to do in lieu of the copy paste scene scenario is do clip launch live recording. Get me now? :p

Haha, not 100% sure :D since i dont use the scenes mode really, but you can simply drag&drop audio files from one audio track to another. Pull the menu that shows the recorded audio tracks on the track you recorded to, and drop them to other audio tracks.
    You ofc need to record AU or other plugins to audio before doing it.

So if you want for example to record a isem synth to audio and spread different loops to different audio tracks. You would first record them to a track(i would just use one audio track, since it doesent matter) separately to get them on different audio clips. Then just drag&drop to different audio tracks/scenes/whatever where you want them to.

Did i get it right this time? :D

• Audio tracks have audio inputs but at the moment only banks and microphone. The request is for audio tracks to have input from other audio tracks as well as plugins.
  • edited August 2017

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Audio tracks have audio inputs but at the moment only banks and microphone. The request is for audio tracks to have input from other audio tracks as well as plugins.

Well it has audio input from pads as well as banks(click the 4x4 grid pad icon when selecting internal source), meaning that when you load a plugin to a pad, you can select the plugin as sound source that way. You could also get around the fact that you cant select an audio track as input, by loading the audio track to a sampler on one of the pads. But yea it would be nice to be able to host plugins to audio tracks and have audio track directly as a source, without having to put it on a pad first. But as mentioned, you can drag&drop audio files from one audio track to another, so only reason you would need audio to audio recording, is if you would play with effects on one audio track and record audio with the the effects changes

• All well and good but if I want to use audio clips in scenes as loops without banks and I want to do a live recording to another audio track I need to use another app to do that. So what I'm asking for is audio tracks to be bussed to other audio tracks.
  • Multiple audio/midi track > audio track is definitely something Im missing. And unlocking resampling (instead of being locked in the sampling screen) in general ;)