Audiobus / Recording Guitar

I'm not sure that this qualifies as a bug, but if not it's a serious limitation right now.

There doesn't seem to be any way to choose Audiobus as an input source in Beatmaker. I'm trying to record guitar into BM3 using the Mobile Pod app. Typically I would do this using Audiobus, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Am I missing something? I'm able to record the unprocessed guitar sound into both Song & Scene view (I finally figured out where the monitor button was in Song view thanks to a YouTube video from AudioDabbler), and then use Mobile Pod as an IAA effect on the channel, but this basically only allows me one instance of processed guitars per song. Theoretically I could mute everything but that one audio channel, then bounce the master to a new audio track, but what a royal pain to have to do that. I would have thought that Audiobus is so ubiquitous that it would be included out of the box.

This is not me being bitchy, just trying to figure things out as I'm sure we all are. If it's not a glitch, then this is an impassioned plea from a user who's really beginning to love the funcionality of this app, and the way that it's different from the other Daw's. Please add Audiobus functionality in the next release.

Comments

• That's the one. I just wanted to make sure that someone caught it and it didn't get buried. Also wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me missing something.

• edited August 2017

Fwiw I just made a discovery about how audio is routed when you record using IAA or Auv3 plugins as an effect.

When you add an effect an Auv3 guitar effect like ToneBridge, or an IAA guitar effect like Mobile Pod, it's not acting like a a normal effect that you can turn on and off of the dry signal. It's recording the effected sound into the audio track. When you go back and listen to the track you have to turn off the effect, or you get twice as much. Example: Record with a super crunchy guitar setting on ToneBridge Auv3 effect, get a doublely super crunch guitar sound on playback unless you turn off the effect.

This eliminates the need for Audiobus in the short term I guess, because at least I've now figured out how to get my super crunchy guitar sound into BM3. (At least in Song view. I haven't tried this out in Scene view yet to see if things act the same way.). But still, it's a strange way for an effect plugin to work, and not at all what I'm used to. Typically there's the dry signal, and you can turn on and off the effect.

So, bug? Not a bug? Feature? Definitely unexpected behaviour, though at this point I'm happy to have it working in some fashion, at least until they get Audiobus sorted out.

I'm going to cross post this over on the 'Tips & Tricks' thread as well.

• edited August 2017
    Aaaah ok, this is easy to sort, record your guitar to two tracks, one of the tracks has the effect on, one doesn't.
    Now when you record you will have a track with effect baked in and a completely dry track too ;)