LAtch pad ability?

I might have mentioned this in the beginning, but can't remember... a latch loop function would be great for performance mode, with an ability to have it so it ends either when tapped again OR when another pad is played.

Comments

• If you mean in scene mode ?
    Then you just drag a sample over to a cell and press it, then press it again when you want it to stop ;)

If you just mean on the pads IE in the sampler, here is the request for pad latch
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4744/latch-mode-for-pads#latest

Here is the request for pad latch with random access
    https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4978/suggestions-for-sample-edit-screen-to-improve-workflow#latest

• Meant in performance mode. Thanks for the links

• Sorry i have no idea what performance mode is, in the manual it lists performance mode as the scenes on the pads, that being the case you can already do latched samples as i explained above ;)

• I meant performance view, where you play the individual pads with the samples, not the scene view. Maybe that is sampler mode?

• edited September 2017

Pad view, got ya, well you can sort of already do it there if you create scenes for your samples, load the samples in to scenes and then in pad view click the scene button and you can trigger them latched.

Not exactly what you want but may tide you over till they implement sampler latching ;)

• Hoping for pad latch ASAP. Also for sustain on note/s in keys view to not get deactivated when exiting keys view.
  • Yep or just being able to select loop forward and one shot together, so with one pad hit it keeps looping forever until you hit the pad again or you change pattern / scene. I was trying to do this yesterday and if you're in one shot you can't have loop on at all.
  • edited September 2017

A one shot cant be a loop, it is impossible, one shot actually means play all the way through once only.
    It needs to be a new option of latch, and the developers have agreed that it needs to be done ;)

• edited September 2017
    Looking forward to the one-shot-latching-loop-points soon.
  • edited September 2017

One shot will play all the way through once and once only (thats what the one means) you dont have to keep your finger on the pad.

Playing a loop one shot would mean it plays all the way through, once and once only, but it is a loop so it would play to infinity and beyond haha.

It is easy to say this is semantics but developers normally deal in those tiny details, example...

A one shot latched loop would be triggered by a press on the pad, loop and never be able to be turned off unless triggered again if it was one note monophonic (but then it would still be playing anyway, but you could trigger at 0 velocity) or part of a mute group and another pad triggered.

A latched loop would play until you pressed it again and it would turn off.

• edited September 2017
    Having this latched looping with quantisation controls would then turn BM3 into a novation launchpad or a Mixvibes "remix live," "loopy hd" etc. This of course would be a total game changer given the per pad and bank fx and the sheer number of pads to load up.

I can't wait for this.
  • edited September 2017

Yeah with trigger options per pad and quantise trigger per pad, this really could be some next level nasty :)

• Hi there,

Latch mode is long overdue, it's definitely in the backlog!
    The sustain bug is being investigated. It was "added" to avoid infinite notes but it seems it's not necessary at all.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

• Just thought I should mention this, in case you guys are still coming up with the best way to implement the latch mode - In my opinion, Roland have found the best/most practical solution for this feature in their SP line of samplers. They have two switches which can be toggled on or off for each sample : 'Loop' and 'Gate', and the combination of these two gives you all the sample playback modes you need :

• 'Loop' and 'Gate' both switched off : sample plays as one-shot
    • 'Loop' switched on, 'Gate' off : sample loops until the pad is pressed again
    • 'Loop' and 'Gate' both switched on : sample loops as long as you're holding the pad pressed
    • 'Loop' switched off, 'Gate' on : sample plays as one-shot, but only while you're holding the pad pressed
      This has really proven useful for live, since you can quickly (de)activate the switches to change the behaviour of samples.
  • @Heyez said:
    Hoping for pad latch ASAP. Also for sustain on note/s in keys view to not get deactivated when exiting keys view.

+1000!

• +1 for launch quantisation

• @mathieugarcia said:
    Hi there,

Latch mode is long overdue, it's definitely in the backlog!
    The sustain bug is being investigated. It was "added" to avoid infinite notes but it seems it's not necessary at all.

Cheers!
    Mathieu.

Is the sustain bug where you can hold a note tap keys still holding note then tap keys again and it latches?

• There's 'latch bug' here too...

If one holds a pad and then taps the arrows to change octave/semitone for the pad and releases the finger from the pad it latches until it's tapped again.

• Does legato launch fit in this feature request? This is where you launch the sample, release the pad, then relaunch the sample - on the second launch it starts from the position that the pad was released. This is great for playing a sample melodically.

• Is the pad latch feature implemented yet? (as of 2019)