Forum improvements!

Hello everyone!

The forums are shaping up nicely and we're super happy to interact with you.

By popular demand:

• The one hour limit for editing your posts is now lifted
  • Added a "Feature Request" sub-forum
  • Added a "Bug Report" sub-forum

Cheers!

Comments

• Excellent! :-)

King

• Suggestion - make a new post on the Audiobus forum linking to this forum. Thanks for your efforts. I could never get my head around BM2 but BM3 is the cat's pajamas!

• null
    Awesome stuff
    (that null is a qoute of the op lol)
  • I've been getting that null quote on my iPhone too. Doesn't happen on my iPad.
  • Please take some time to learn how the forum is organized so everyone can benefit from your input, suggestions, and questions.

A suggestion for feature requests-- rather than having to read through a long thread about various feature requests such as in the "BM3 Feature Requests" thread, it'd be useful to have separate threads so other users and the developer can more easily see what's been requested and track how these requests have developed over time. Since a popular thread tends to be at the top of the forum listings, this can become a self perpetuating process unless individuals commit to a more targeted approach to feature requests. Please use the Feature Request category for posting these suggestions.

• Is there a Search function on the forum? Can't see it anywhere on Android/Mobile...
  • Can't tell which page I'm on in the Forum. Perhaps you could make the number for the current page highlighted in some way. In the screen shot I'm on page 7 but in the page selector 1-7 all look exactly the same.

• 'search' function on Android would be useful :)

And poss other gear/other music categories.
  • edited August 2017

The theme we use seems to break a few things. Any vanilla theme developers in here ? :-)

• edited August 2017

@philowerx said:
    Can't tell which page I'm on in the Forum. Perhaps you could make the number for the current page highlighted in some way.

@mathieugarcia said:
    The theme we used seems to break a few things. Any vanilla theme developers in here ? :-)

CSS:
    .Pager .Highlight {border-color: #f89406;}

• @xenBLN said:

@mathieugarcia said:
    The theme we used seems to break a few things. Any vanilla theme developers in here ? :-)

CSS:
    .Pager .Highlight {border-color: #f89406;}

Some 'Smileys' make all that follows it, disappear/gets deleted, (after you post your comment).

King

• edited August 2017

Sorting out the Bug forum a little for Mathieu, to make his life easier.

If you find a post in general with 'Moved from BR (Solved)' in the title, it normally means it was user error and not a bug.

If you find a post in Feature Requests with 'Moved from BR (Request)' in the title, it normally means the user was looking for a feature not implemented yet.

Also any bug reports that have quietly been (Confirmed) fixed and there is no important comments will be deleted

• @5pinlink Android 'search' feature please ;) Forum is a mess of duplicate posts etc cos half of us can't search the forum before posting..
  • If you scroll down to bottom of page on android and click 'full site' it will automatically show you the search bar, not ideal but works

• De ja vu ;)
  • Wondering if maybe a 'resources' category might be worth putting in place. Somewhere for links to websites that are cool for sampler fodder, single cycle waveform links, sharing user instruments/banks etc?
  • I have asked @mathieugarcia for new sections
    Tutorials/Tips n Tricks
    Compatibility
    Archive

I have also started sorting through the general forum, moving and listing bugs to bugs, moving and listing feature requests to feature requests, and also moving any questions about how to use Beatmaker 3 to support (ANd trying to answer those too, if they have not been answered.

• I have moved a bunch of tutorials and the tips n tricks, will move more as i find it

• Just an FYI, won’t actually affect anybody but me hopefully, bug reports is now a sub of support and fixed bugs is a sub of bug reports.

• Resource forum added :)

• edited November 2017

It would be useful to have a place where we could specify the hardware we are using, i.e. model/size/version of iPad (if that helps when logging issues and feature requests). Other forums do this in a ‘signature’. Or it could some extra fields you have to fill in when posting. Cheers.

• Best way to show bugs in video without announcing them to the world on YouTube? Dropbox links to movie work?

• Just post it to you tube, that way it plays in the forum, you choose unlisted instead of public in you tube ;)

• Character limit per post has been raised, it is much higher now @philowerx ;)

• 5pinlink said:

Character limit per post has been raised, it is much higher now @philowerx ;)

Excellent!
  • Crap on a crutch......WE HAVE SPLIT IN THE HOUSE !!!!!!!!!
  • Added AUfx, AU MIDI lists.
    Tagged all AUi info threads with AUi, so if you want a complete list of info threads, just click AUi in the tag cloud ;)

• Tagged all Video tutorial threads with Video Tutorial, click it in the tag cloud for the full list ;)