About bitrate output

Well I trying some comparation iPad vs hardware. Well BM3 is quite good. Just make some tricks to made on master : eq and comp.
But now I have a question : did the sound depends on the external sound card ? Can we push the bit rate to 96kHz ?

Comments

• edited January 2018

96khz is samplerate not bit depth, but yes bit depth and samplerate rely entirely on the hardware available ;)

• I have to try the different cause the audiofuse of Arturia is calling me , my precious ;)

• edited January 2018

BM3 will list the sample rates the current audio output supports.

• For exemple audio fuse is 192 kHz I Will see this value …?

• The audio engine hard limit is 96kHz.

• Not so bad :))

• It could be lifted, of course, but I feel it might be totally overkill, lol.

• Yes 96 should be totally enough

• At some point you canbexpect native iPad to be 192 if the film industry has anythingbtobdo with it, and yes it is vast overkill !!

• edited January 2018

So I buy the cam connector to use my Scarlett 6i6 that is perfectly compatible and there is no settings to use the fool performance of that ....
    That is limited to 48 ...
    Did I miss something ?

Some persons will tell me « 44,1 » is CD quality but if you compare BM3 to Mpc live of any hardware drum machine the difference is significant !!!

• I would contact Intua by email, it is supposed to support all bit rates of the interface.

• @5pinlink said:
    I would contact Intua by email, it is supposed to support all bit rates of the interface.

I have 6i6 too. Same.

• edited January 2018

@znomusic try using it without a hub if your using one. And if your hub is working at 96khz in other apps, we might have a new thing BM3 isnt taking into account. I haven't tested so sorry.

• edited January 2018

Contact Intua, its possibly a bug.

• @mefisme said:
    @znomusic try using it without a hub if your using one. And if your hub is working at 96khz in other apps, we might have a new thing BM3 isnt taking into account. I haven't tested so sorry.

I tested directly from the iPad to 6i6 through cam connection cam

• If it works in Cubase its a BM3 issue.

• edited January 2018

I have 6i6 mki and have had some problems in the past with sample rates on unit itself in the past. It used to be stuck in 96khz in a weird way. Likely there was some bug on the desktop program(which you btw need to change sample rates on the interface!!). When i saved somethi g else than 96khz on the interface on the desktop program, ios acted like there was a sample rate mismatch, but when trying it enough times i managed to get lower sample rates working(96khz uses hella lot cpu with good bit depth).

So in order to change sample rates on 6i6, you need to hook it to desktop, change its sample rate from the focusrite program, save to hardware and then hook it to your ipad and change to that same sample rate on apps.

Everyone with problems with 6i6 did this, right?

• He must have, he has it running at 96khz in AUM and Cubasis.

• I don't have any problems with my second generation in setup whatsoever. But BM3 does display 48khz max sample rate.

• Just reporting here about the sample rate display in BM3 settings which is locked at 48 kHz, even if I select 44.1 kHz. I'm referring also to my post on the issue:
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/7317/sample-rate-display-remains-at-48-khz#latest
    The thing is, with an external audio interface (dragonfly red), when I toggle the sample rate in the BM3 settings, the sample rate indicator LED changes colors. Is the project sample rate changing even though the displayed value is stuck at 48 kHz, or not. Maybe @mathieugarcia is able to comment? I'm using a 3rd gen ipad pro 12.9. thank you.

• Hey ! More testing will be done on this.

Thanks for the detailed reports,
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.