Why so unintuitive?

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

I stand by this company no matter what. They have never let me down through the long haul since inception and BM1.

A lot of users are experience tons of issues. We all are in this same battle. Understand that BM3 is being built with existing and new custom frameworks. It is in part recycled BM2 code, and all new code. A thoroughly complex app. The beauty is 24.99 - 39.99 gets you a highly functional modular and mobile iOS DAW completely different from others and with lifetime updates. Plus a sound store where large efforts have been done to resample gear or otherwise at extremely low cost. And a whole lot more if you explore the Plugin app ecosystem.

All bugs will be addressed. <——- That is direct from Intua.

• To get back to the OP...
    I dropped BM3 pretty quickly after it first came out. Way too buggy. Just couldn’t connect with it. However, I spent a good deal of time with it over this weekend. It’s not unintuitive at all (IMHO). Just like any other application you have to dig into it and figure it out. I’ve figured out a lot of the basics. Certainly enough to create something with it. The most refreshing part for me was that everything I tried worked - both internal functions and using AU and IAA. No crackling audio or things losing sync. A couple of crashes/freezes that I think I caused. Things pretty much worked as I would expect them to, especially once I got the flow of the interface and where things are. So far, so good.

• edited February 2018

I’m so new at daws but could at least save and open session lol but nawit call YouTube tutorials That’s shows u where shit is and the more u use faster easier it get.... like anything in life. Just like every synth takes time to learn. But I agree fuck midi for drums I use mic no keyboard yet but mic good forif u want lyrics also.

• @triton100 said:

@Audiogus said:
    No need to apologise. We all have our own perspective and criteria. ;)

Also, I will never excuse bugs. Ever. I will stand boldly vigilant in the face of the slimey crunchy critters, Raid can in hand, ready to spray/post. For I too... am Intua. Proud to serve etc etc

Ha ha ‘ I too am intua’. Someone has been hardcore watching the walking dead ... glad you didn’t say Neegan’ ha ha

Hehe, I haven’t watched the Dead but was just loosely quoting an ad campaign for a sports team from a while ago.

• edited February 2018

@mefisme said:
    I stand by this company no matter what. They have never let me down through the long haul since inception and BM1.

A lot of users are experience tons of issues. We all are in this same battle. Understand that BM3 is being built with existing and new custom frameworks. It is in part recycled BM2 code, and all new code. A thoroughly complex app. The beauty is 24.99 - 39.99 gets you a highly functional modular and mobile iOS DAW completely different from others and with lifetime updates. Plus a sound store where large efforts have been done to resample gear or otherwise at extremely low cost. And a whole lot more if you explore the Plugin app ecosystem.

All bugs will be addressed. <——- That is direct from Intua.

I Feel the same way about Intua.

I understand some points about unintuitive but every serious software, drum machine, synths, piece of musical equipment have a learning curve. Some better than the other but if you purchase something without doing a little research first its on you. Plenty of youtube vids for BM3. Anyone can easily find out is this app is for them or not. Also why go back and forth with each other on almost every thread? We all will never agree on everything as we are individuals. Its a waste of energy. Bm3 vs MPC vs Reaper. BM3 is like maschine or like this Daw. Doesnt matter if whoever wants to compare BM3 to another hardware or software let them. It wont affect your way or their way of using the app to make music.

• @triton100 said:

@Audiogus said:

@triton100 said:

@Audiogus said:
    No need to apologise. We all have our own perspective and criteria. ;)

Also, I will never excuse bugs. Ever. I will stand boldly vigilant in the face of the slimey crunchy critters, Raid can in hand, ready to spray/post. For I too... am Intua. Proud to serve etc etc

Ha ha ‘ I too am intua’. Someone has been hardcore watching the walking dead ... glad you didn’t say Neegan’ ha ha

Hehe, I haven’t watched the Dead but was just loosely quoting an ad campaign for a sports team from a while ago.

Ah ok. In WD whenever the baddies are asked their name, they all say ‘I am neegan’. Neegan is their leader, this crazy psycho villain that ruthlessly kills anything that breathes. I thought u might be instigating a similar protocol here with intua. ;)

I got to about issue 50 or so with the comic and had to quit. So addictive, amazing and depressing.

• You're in for some really good UI/UX improvements in 3.1.
    Taking more time on this update, but this will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the support!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• If we can get passed all the fan boys on this form maybe we can get back to the original issues of this post and discuss a solution. When using a midi keyboard (you know, the thing that nearly every real electronic producer uses in some form or fashion to actually make music in a DAW) why do we have to change the midi channel/turn off the midi input option EVERY time we finish using a midi track? In other words, if I have 16 channels of midi or AUv3s I have to go in and change the midi setting (which is not accessible at a high level) 32 TIMES (once to set it and once to turn it off (else the previous channel will play when I go to the next one)). Is there a solution for this or a plan to fix it? Midi should not be playing through a channel that is not selected or armed!

• edited September 2018

@daProducer

You know about OMNI mode for midi in BM3, right? It was mentioned several times much earlier in this thread and provides the 'whatever bank is active' midi configuration you seem to be looking for.

We try to be very helpful to all Beatmaker3 users on this forum, so I'm not very impressed that in your very first post you choose to insult the forum regulars ('fan boys'), and also patronise the developers by suggesting they don't know how midi keyboards are supposed to work in a DAW.

Do you really want our help, or purely to vent frustration at not understanding the powerful flexibility of midi routing?

• edited September 2018

@daProducer said:
    stuff

Turn on Omni mode, this will route all incoming MIDI to the currently selected pad or AuV3.

Have to ask though, are you the original starter of this thread, would seem very strange to resurrect a post from 8 moths ago to ask a question ?

• Turn on Omni mode, this will route all incoming MIDI to the currently selected pad or AuV3.

Where is this “Omni mode”? You mean “Multi Channel Mode”? My post was about changing “tracks” not “pads”. I responded to the post because the same issue remains 8 months later and there was never any helpful solution posted.

@tk32 I didn’t mention anything about developers in my post so stop instigating. And if I did I think I could because I am a developer and I paid for this app. The fanboy thing was directed only at people who made this post full of sidebars and fandom instead of helpful solutions.

• @daProducer Omni mode was mentioned in the first two replies to this thread back in February. Turn Omni mode on or off in Settings & Behaviors (third tab in the Settings screen) at the top right, under AUDIO & MIDI. "Route all MIDI to selected pad". Try that out.

• @mathieugarcia said:
    You're in for some really good UI/UX improvements in 3.1.

Thanks for the support!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

This is the post of hope!! 😎

• edited September 2018

@daProducer said:

Turn on Omni mode, this will route all incoming MIDI to the currently selected pad or AuV3.

Where is this “Omni mode”?

https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210181406-Using-external-MIDI-controllers-and-instruments?mobile_site=true

(Googled “BM3 Omni Mode”)

I have the Circuit outputing two seperate midi channels to two seperate tracks (banks). Not sure I see the problem you are having,

• @GusGranite said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Thanks for the support!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

No THIS is the post of hope!! So happy to be among Intua fans. Together we stand strong. Next season is going to be amazing,

• @Audiogus said:

@GusGranite said:

@mathieugarcia said:

Thanks for the support!
    Cheers,
    Mathieu.

No THIS is the post of hope!! So happy to be among Intua fans. Together we stand strong. Next season is going to be amazing,

👍😀

• I agree, except for one point...

This glorious first season isn't over yet!

• Hi,
    I'm a brand new user, but I've been using computers to make music since the 80s. Dumped logic after apple bought em. Been on reaper for a decade.
    To me, beat maker 3 is a godsend. The best realtime time stretching I could imagine.
    Admitadly, I use it as a super sampler for live use, but I think its amazing how good bm3 is.
    Good stuff..looking forward to bm3s future!

• Hi @FlowingRobes

Glad to hear that BeatMaker is the right fit for your needs.

It seems really popular with power users right now, but there is a bit of a steep learning curve for less experienced and newer users.. which is why I am writing a guide.

Glad to have you on-board - come join the live Discord chat if you have time.