BeatMaker Batch Kit Creator

2»

Comments

• No disrespect, but if you don't really want to export and import, you dont want them that bad. (again no disrespect meant)

Do one kit a day by export and import and i guarantee that you will have an "Oh wow, didn't know you could do that" moment every day.
    Your kits will be laid out perfectly, exactly as you wanted them, and colored perfectly and all matching.
    Trust me, the extra effort makes it worthwhile.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started with no disrespect meant, because (And this may sound derogatory, but you can actually check threads) in general, people asking for help importing iMaschine kits will automatically assume anything you say to try and help them is busting their chops, so no, i'm not trying to dis you at all.

The reason i mentioned doing it manually is this, when i create a kit i want all my kicks to be my kick colour/placement etc, if you load one of my kits available here in resources, then another then another, you will start to know which pads are kicks and which are snares etc by just looking at colours/placement.
    This is something i tried to push to the developers at NI for Maschine, but their reply was always that it was not important and users should just set up their own colouring, seriously, imagine if all the expansions from NI had actually been colour coded, they would be so much easier to use.
    In reality their reply actually mean't this "It would take extra development time to colour code, and we just want to sell samples"

Here is my colouring, i keep it basic....
    Kicks = Orange
    Snares = Red
    Metals (Cymbals etc) = Yellow
    Percussion (Claps,claves,blocks etc) = Green
    Noises (Bleeps, bloops) = Purple
    The only ones i am religious with are Kick/Snare/Hats because they are the three core elements of any beat.

Here is my placement, note that I place for programming, not finger drumming....
    Kick
    Snare
    CHH
    PHH
    OHH
    Percussion
    Noises
    So the pads start bottom left with the most important elements, left to right through the pads, up to the least important elements top right.

For finger drumming you can find some tutorials online, but don't be too religious trying to follow their mapping, practice you finger positioning (Everybody is different) then work out from that where you need your core elements to be (Kick/Snare/Hats) normally it ends up being in some configuration of various 'L' shapes around the pads, with non core elements filling the blanks.

16 vs 64 vs 128
    Personally i am in the 16 pad camp, i Like my pads to be a nice size on screen, it lowers the amount of scrolling needed in the step editor, and i am used to layering multiple kits anyway to get the vibe i want, however, if you kit is less about the core elements (kick/Snare/Hats) it can be convenient to have a lot of stuff mapped to the same pad bank, 128 vocal snippets etc, but again you need to balance ease of all being in one bank against the amount of scrolling that will be needed in the step editor.

Beyond this, it is definitely worth in my book just exporting the samples that you can from iMaschine, and drag n drop them to the pads to get your perfect set up, in a perfect world i would love everybody to follow my colouring/mapping, but very few people share kits anyway, so it is not that important.
    Don't forget if you have the expansions on desktop Maschine, you have the higher quality versions of all the samples and you can pass them over to your iPad in way less time than it takes to export them from iMaschine.

I feel another Beatmaker Bible section coming from this lol.

• @WillieNegus I would just like to clarify that I don't build tools unless I have a use for them. My intention for the new batch creator has nothing to do with batch exporting Maschine sounds (even though it would do so). It goes much further than that. The idea is to strengthen community and sharing as it once was in BMK days. Bringing the Beatpack idea back. And to speed up templating out so music becomes the focus.

As @5pinlink said, doing it manually teaches you alot. Once you do it enough (I've spent hours doing so by hand), you do become faster like a master. :) However, the issue becomes more noticeable when building instruments and packs larger than 16 pads or when you purchase some sample pack that has 1000+ sounds and you want a prebuilt pack for that to jam on in BeatMaker.

The secret is getting them bulk into your Beatmaker 2/3. I've found using Readdle Docs as my file manager saved me from the first part of the headache which was transfer. It has restored my faith in file management between platforms. Because I can WEBDAV, FTP, cloud, or SMB from anywhere including the device I'm on itself. So now, BeatMaker 2 actually becomes a great complimentary tool to Beatmaker 3. Because you can pack out for both.

• @WillieNegus I think a sample library is still important. But we all tend to collect too many sounds. It's way more fun to build your own. :) Something very peculiar when you find two sounds that work together that you created or packed together. Or chopping and resampling just to make some new sound no one has heard of. It's refreshing.

• Its weird, i make samples for a living, now and then, sometimes etc etc etc.
    My sample collection is small but pointed, so say i create a kit, it will have ten MIDI files or so to go with it, so if i have a song going, i can just blast through kits in context with a pattern “Ahhh thats the one” then reprogram the pattern if needed, I learned a long time ago that creating samples on the fly during making a tune or creating preset for synths during making a tune is a massive passion killer.
    If im sampling up vinyl, i just go through a ton of stuff, pull loops and make up a folder, then come back to that folder at tune making times, tunes go together in literal minutes hahaha.

• edited March 2018

I dont really link to my music or smples here, what i do here is what i do here, to be fair, a few of the companies i have worked for i wouldn’t pee on if they were on fire, didn’t know that at the time though, i only get out of an exclusivity clause some time this year and the plugin we are developing already for after that ends, wait, the plugin that i have seen somebody else developing ahem cough ahem, has over a 1000 kits hahahahaha

• edited March 2018

I was being polite, you can easily replace a few with every, the statement would still be true ;)
    One particular piece of xxxxx (known for making amazing analogue hardware, yeah right) still owes me £750,000 hahaha, and trust me, i dont even own my own home, that would have set me up for life hahahahaha (laugh or cry times)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

All of @5pinlink contributions here or otherwise are definitely top-notch. They are in pro sampling rates and I dig them. Actually was just jamming big beat 2 and nueros today. Had loads of fun! Much thanks. Really.

• @5pinlink I actually would follow the coloring for this if I plan on sharing some custom packs I’ve designed. It totally makes sense. But I haven’t been focusing on packs currently. Maybe I should. Idk. I like making weird stuff too much. Lol.

• WOAh my bad did somebody say they need the batch file creator I have it still

• edited March 2018

@Shazamm said:
    WOAh my bad did somebody say they need the batch file creator I have it still

Nah. Thanks though! I’m trying to write a new one. But it has to serve a workflow purpose for all. Not just me and my kit building. And I’d personally want it to have a GUI like beatpack from golden days. And I have to design it in a way that protects everyone legally. So WIP (work in progress) :(

Other users might still want it. It’s just a waste of time though now to use.

• Bonsoir, quelqu’un aurait-il un lien qui fonctionne pour telecharge BeatMaker_Batch_Kit_Creator.zip? Merci d’avance.

• Good evening, a link that works for download BeatMaker_Batch_Kit_Creator.zip? Thank you in advance.

• @ronji said:
    The site was down before, and oddly enough I still couldn't get to it on my phone, but my PC was able to load the site, and I've downloaded the utility. I'm gonna upload it to our resources Dropbox folder in case it goes down again.

Looks like it might be due to some weirdness with the "www" in the address. this link should work:
    http://tetmusic.com/BeatMaker_Batch_Kit_Creator.zip

shout out http://isup.me for showing me that the site was up as long as you removed the www

This link from the first page still works. It's still from the original site. The comment after that includes the AutoHotKey source file attached directly via this forum, which will hopefully always be available even if the original site's link breaks.

• Thank you so much @ronji !

• @Shazamm said:

@Shazamm said:

@Shazamm said:

@Shazamm said:
    WOAh my bad did somebody say they need the batch file creator I have it 1. still

cMo: Yes but it's ok, @ronji to put the link, thank you.

• Hey guys, we made an app that converts your Maschine Libraries into Beatmaker kits. Unfortunately it only works with Maschine libraries at the moment.

https://www.kit-maker.com/

• @Shazamm said:

Hey man do you still have it? The zip file in the link seems to be missing the .exe. Thanks!