Pick a new name for Beatmaker

This discussion was created from comments split from: Scenes.

Comments

• edited March 2018

The name Beatmaker is terrible, and it simply wont be acceptale in the desktop unless they want to not sell any copies haha (yes the human race is a bunch of fickle a-holes, i am one of them)
    So list new ones here, maybe the guys at Intua, who obviously are much better at coding than naming things (I believe @mathieugarcia dog is called 'thing that barks')

They have a few serious problems with the current name..
    1 Beatmaker sounds like a toy drum machine for 7 year olds from toyrsRus.
    2 BM is already taken by Bowel Movement.
    3 IBM is already taken by something or other.

• My suggestion (if @mathieugarcia happens to be listening) is..

Intua Flow©

• @tk32 said:
    My suggestion (if @mathieugarcia happens to be listening) is..

Intua Flow©

http://flow8deck.com/

• @dubbylabby said:

@tk32 said:
    My suggestion (if @mathieugarcia happens to be listening) is..

Intua Flow©

http://flow8deck.com/

Damnit. :)

• Intua Damnit.
    Like it!
    +1

• edited March 2018

Oh man it has to be 'Loop'
    Intua Loop are you getting it, are you ? (For the slow ones 'In to a loop')
    How cool is that, Logo designs itself haha :)

• Just Intua and a version number. Short and sweet. Keeps the brand. Little competition in the google hits.

• And if they release other software ?

• Not until they sort this one out :wink:

I guess I was thinking everyone just calls Ableton, Ableton... but you’re right, it’s actually Live and Push.

• People call it Ableton because Live is a completely crap name, when you use it in a sentence it invariably looks wrong, so people type Ableton instead, the same will happen to Beatmaker, most people on IOS despise actually calling it by its full name and use BM already, and those mugs happily buy typo named software like Samplr.
    BM will not work on the desktop, it is a flooded market and even the slightest thing will get a reputation that kills it, i have seen it happen to a ton of promising software.

• I remember when people used to hate on the name fruity loops and said it sounded like a toy daw. That didn’t stop me from using it. Only reason image line changed it was because of some issues they had on similarities with fruit loops so it became fl studio. Now almost everyone use fl studio. the demo been downloaded so many times It became one of the most popular daw. Who cares about a name, bring originality, features and an almost bug free piece and that’s it.

• Sorry, not to be disrespectful, but if you believe anything those muppets at Imageline tell you, you have serious issues, heres some of Gols previous beauties ;)
    "Most downloaded software ever, but nobody buys a licence"
    "It's a silly law, we do not have to abide by it"
    "Nobody uses Macs"
    "64bit gives you no advantages at all"
    "VST wont catch on"

I saw Beatmaker mentioned at KVR once, the two replies....
    "Is this more garbage by Magix" Because they already have 'MusicMaker' everywhere and it is crap.
    "With a name like that it is obviously just going to throw up adverts and give me Viruses"

• Intua Trinity©

Pads + Scenes + Song = Trinity

• @tk32 said:

Intua Trinity©

Pads + Scenes + Song = Trinity

Guessing you didn't Google that one hahaha.
    Korg Trinity
    Bastl Instruments Trinity
    And some weird ass playstation 5 start your own music label or such game hahaha

• edited March 2018

Hey!

We wanted to change the name before the release of the third version. We kept BM3 as people were already using that code name. "BeatMaker" seems a bit limited today but after 10 years (!), that would require a big effort to smooth the transition out.

That said, I'm really interested to hear your suggestions :-)

Cheers,
    Mathieu.

• edited March 2018

Note to self.. google ideas before posting

:*

One of the big drawbacks of the massive VST/plugin ecosystem... Almost every decent name has already been taken!

• Beatmaker's a better daw name than Bitwig imo. Reaper is a better name than BeatMaker. They're all better software names than Grooverider and Fruity Loops. Regardless, I've owned and used all of those at some point...

Logic is possibly the coolest daw name but I've never owned it.

I dont think the name matters. It'll be spec/functionality/stability, forum hype/word of mouth, big name artists and YouTube that make or break Desktop BM.. Software names traditionally mostly suck as a given in any case ;)

But if I had to rename it I'd just go with 'Intua' like @GusGranite mentioned. Then next version = Intua 2, and so on.. More unique for search engines etc than 'BeatMaker' and If they did make other software they can call that what they like... 'Intua blah blah'.. And people would just refer to it as 'blah blah'.

• edited March 2018

@Heyez especially since I've heard a lot of people referencing to the app as "INTUA" and not BeatMaker. That would make sense but we'd be limited to one product line ;-)

• @mathieugarcia said:
    @Heyez especially since I've heard a lot of people referencing to the app as "INTUA" and not BeatMaker. That would make sense but we'd be limited to one product line ;-)

Yeah, that's a shame that it's not really feasible. Intua's a cool name for a daw!

INTUA Worm? Like wormhole..

INTUA Start? Like intua's first step in to multi-platform + someone starting a new daw session..

INTUA SysStem? Like 'system' + 'stem'

INTUA Stem? Like the beginnings of ideas.

These all suck! haha :)

• INTUA Dawn - like Daw + Dawn (start of new day....).

I realise these are all lame ;) Just kinda fun to throw them around ;)

Twist on the Trinity suggestion could be -

INTUA Triptych -
    Dictionary Definition - "a set of three associated artistic, literary, or musical works intended to be appreciated together."

Kinda fits with the sampler/scenes/song views as mentioned in the Trinity suggestion post...

• Intua Studio?

• Intua Pro
    Intua Lite
    Intua Mobile
    Intuasis
    Intuauria/pro
    Intuanite
    Intubga
    Angry Intuas

Intua Matata!
    :trollface:

• edited March 2018

There is I, there is YOU, together make US. A Collective = Forever.

We have the vision...

Intua Vue

Maybe we are full of color, sound and this vision. All of us part of a undefined system. Capturing essence of our infinite shades...finding the balance in spectrum.

Intua Hue

Could be one or the other, both, or neither; however, one thing be certain...

All of us be changing....

Intua Anew

Since us humans trust this engine we use, time is conquered...

Let’s make it....

Intua Truth

Intua Absolute

..let us not forget...always remember....

We are the..

Maker(s)

• Pro is literally the worst moniker to put on any software, xxx pro "Yep thats crap" it is nearly as bad as Turbo hahaha.

The best names are normally the disassociated, Intua Snow, Intua Red, that kind of deal, then again i still think Intu-ition is a great name for it haha. what do i know.

• edited March 2018

FYI the name not being important angle, the interview with @mathieugarcia that was very PRO Beatmaker, one of the first things he says "The name Beatmaker doesn't really do the app justice" (Or something along those lines)
    Image and perception are very valuable commodities, you may not think so because you are not the 90% that that stuff works on, i already know people who frown every time i say Beatmaker, they have never looked at the app and never will, simply from a name.

• @mefisme said:
    There is I, there is YOU, together make US. A Collective = Forever.

We have the vision...

Intua Vue

Maybe we are full of color, sound and this vision. All of us part of a undefined system. Capturing essence of our infinite shades...finding the balance in spectrum.

Intua Hue

Could be one or the other, both, or neither; however, one thing be certain...

All of us be changing....

Intua Anew

Since us humans trust this engine we use, time is conquered...

Let’s make it....

Intua Truth

Intua Absolute

..let us not forget...always remember....

We are the..

Maker(s)

I like Vue..

• @5pinlink said:
    FYI the name not being important angle, the interview with @mathieugarcia that was very PRO Beatmaker, one of the first things he says "The name Beatmaker doesn't really do the app justice" (Or something along those lines)
    Image and perception are very valuable commodities, you may not think so because you are not the 90% that that stuff works on, i already know people who frown every time i say Beatmaker, they have never looked at the app and never will, simply from a name.

Haha, BeatMaker isn't 'that' bad surely!? It doesn't indicate the depth of the app and kinda makes it sound more like a drum machine/mpc than a daw.. But it's not offensive or anywhere near as bad as something like Fruity Loops or Tardigrain... you know some weird peeps if they won't even check it out down to that name ;)

• @Heyez said:
    I like Vue..

A selection. ;)

So much potential, the vision endless...
    ... Intua more than the senses.
    Momentary actions must be captured....
    ... connections are here no matter the distance.

We strike triggers...
    call them buttons, keys, and/or pads...
    ... scenes to a story, hold tap pinch stretch and zoom.
    Justly visual patterns...
    ... I sometimes go mad.

Once complete...we realize our song.
    ... Intua is cued for all of the cogs.

I must disappear. A sailor of other dimensions...
    Lost at sea...but only for now.
    I’m out to find my lighthouse.

Goodbye.

• Intua turbo!
    +1

This discussion has been closed.