Offline option for AU fx (Workflow CPU saving)

edited April 2018 in Feature Requests

Does turning the power off button on AU fx stop them from using processing power ?

I like to experiment with different fx, trying them in different combinations etc, and still like to leave some that I’m not currently using in the fx chain, in case I decide to come back to them later, but I switch them off. It’s easier to do that than have to search and load them again. It seems though that saving cpu or at least slowing down graphic redraw refresh rate in the mixer etc, is not helped, at least when using audio damage plugins. I am using one grind, one replicant, and one Pumphouse. All switched off. On an iPad Pro 10

Comments

• I think it was suggested by the developers that the bypass switch on effects would be automatable soon, that being the case, it needs to be running even when bypassed or you could get some choppy behaviour.
    (This is guesswork by the way, but seems logical)

Possibly you need a request for a new type of "Effect off" option ?

• @5pinlink said:
    I think it was suggested by the developers that the bypass switch on effects would be automatable soon, that being the case, it needs to be running even when bypassed or you could get some choppy behaviour.
    (This is guesswork by the way, but seems logical)

Possibly you need a request for a new type of "Effect off" option ?

Yes something to switch off he effect completely. But still keep it there for use later or as and when needed without consuming cpu. Has this been requested ?

• edited April 2018

No not that i can remember, basically you want the "Reaper" options (as usual hahaha)

The off button will be "bypass" and be automatable, however you need an "offline" option that removes the process but keeps the shell visible.
    Maybe an option on long press of the "bypass" button "Take FX offline"

• Updated your title and moved to FR ;)

• @5pinlink said:
    Updated your title and moved to FR ;)

Thank you !