Are you mixing down in BM3 or exporting to another DAW?

Hi BM3 users,
I just came across a very interesting video on YouTube that discusses working in BM3 and Auria Pro so I thought I would ask the question about various users workflow and how they mix in BM3. I personally have not “Mixed Down” many of my BM3 tracks, but if I did want to put together a “project” of BM3 tracks I might use this same workflow.
https://youtu.be/dDgxLnuzJUc

Comments

• edited April 2018

Personally, I try to get the mix as good as I can in BM3, go very light on master bus FX, export to 24bit WAV, and do some final mastering work in Final Touch (or Audio Mastering) iOS app.

I have Auria Pro, but never felt the need to export stems there for further mastering. Too much work for little benefit (if any)

• ATM I stsrted to try BM3 as replacement for Ableton and I think it could work... but since most of my projects are made in BlocsWave I’m exporting them into ALS and finishing them at friend’s studio.
    Probably I will reinstall iOS11 from scratch and change a bit my workflow to work only with BM3...

• The best method I have found, given lifestyle and the tools I have, is to take it as far as I can in BM3 then bouncing wet and dry versions of the tracks to Samplitude on PC for mixing. Most of the reverbs etc get quickly replaced.

Sometimes I may decide the first BM3 pass was missing something and do an interim step by exporting Samplitude overdubs (synths or creative FX like Looperator or Stutter FX) and import them back into BM3. Midi Export from BM3 will be huge for this and I may likely do it more at that point. All told I like to keep the PC side down to just two or three hours max, even the final mix.

These decisions are mostly because I HATE using my computer after work or on the weekends now and most of my time is small bits and pieces scattered around in different ipad friendly places. For sure if I wanted to be making a living with this or be a part of a competitive scene or something than I would likely spend a lot more time in the PC daws.

• @tk32 said:
    Personally, I try to get the mix as good as I can in BM3, go very light on master bus FX, export to 24bit WAV, and do some final mastering work in Final Touch (or Audio Mastering) iOS app.

I have Aurora Pro, but never felt the need to export stems there for further mastering. Too much work for little benefit (if any)

This is exactly what I do too. I try to do as much as I can in BM3. I have all the FAb Filter plugins in Auria Pro but I try to minimize the process as much as possible.

• how is Final Touch compared to the Audio Mastering app from Igor/iMusicAlbum?

I wanted Final Touch but the reviews kinda threw me off. Although Im not finding the other app as useful or as friendly as final touch seems.

• I really like them both, but Final touch is easier to understand what all the controls do.

• edited April 2018

@tk32 said:
    I really like them both, but Final touch is easier to understand what all the controls do.

I shouldve trusted my gut and everyone in the forum and bought Final Touch when it was on sale. :(