Select + long press for pad options

This seems quite obvious, so it has probably been suggested before 😏
When in pad view, in ‘select’ mode, it would be handy if a long press on a pad provided some options (in a menu?) like ‘rename’, ‘pad colour’, ...
Cheers!

Comments

• edited July 2018

Sorry @denx, I don't agree.

Those are performance pads, and are often used for sustained notes etc.. I'd be annoyed if I was holding a note and a pop-up showed up. Editing should always be separated from performance IMHO.

(unless I've misunderstood what you mean)

• @tk32 said:
    Sorry @denx, I don't agree.

Those are performance pads, and are often used for sustained notes etc.. I'd be annoyed if I was holding a note and a pop-up showed up. Editing should always be separated from performance IMHO.

(unless I've misunderstood what you mean)

As it stands now, in ‘select’ mode, you don’t trigger a note when you press a pad (which is convenient, also when performing). So I don’t think it would interfere...

• In 'select mode' the long-press could fill a purpose as would being able to select multiple pads for easier copy/paste/clear operations. (As far as I know these kind of 'requests' have already been made and just sitting there waiting for proper time-slot for implementation).

But I guess there are other 'things' that need to be taken care of too, only @mathieugarcia knows for sure :)

• @samu said:
    In 'select mode' the long-press could fill a purpose as would being able to select multiple pads for easier copy/paste/clear operations. (As far as I know these kind of 'requests' have already been made and just sitting there waiting for proper time-slot for implementation).

But I guess there are other 'things' that need to be taken care of too, only @mathieugarcia knows for sure :)

Or just add an ‘edit’ button, looks like there’s room 🙂

• I want ‘select’ and long press to make the pad a floater so you can drag it to another pad where upon release it gives gives you the options ‘Copy’ or ‘Swap’

• edited July 2018

@samu said:
    In 'select mode' the long-press could fill a purpose as would being able to select multiple pads for easier copy/paste/clear operations. (As far as I know these kind of 'requests' have already been made and just sitting there waiting for proper time-slot for implementation).

Lets make a 3.1 release date pool. Winner gets a free update.

Put me down for Sept 15

• @Audiogus said:
    I want ‘select’ and long press to make the pad a floater so you can drag it to another pad where upon release it gives gives you the options ‘Copy’ or ‘Swap’

This is the correct answer.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Audiogus said:
    I want ‘select’ and long press to make the pad a floater so you can drag it to another pad where upon release it gives gives you the options ‘Copy’ or ‘Swap’

There are options and preferences.

• @denx said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Audiogus said:

There are options and preferences.

Sure, the world is our oyster here!

• @Audiogus said:

This is a good fit.