Im a little teapot

This discussion was created from comments split from: Crash trying to load sessions.

Comments

• @WillieNegus said:

@tk32 said:
    @WillieNegus
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm using exactly the same iPad as you, and hardly ever experience a crash. Have you considered backing up your folders and doing a clean install?

Thanks bro. I have reinstalled recently thinking it would be more stable. Still a B3 lover but I’m all good on workarounds and extra effort to complete tracks for awhile. I’ll just wait until it’s updated again. Bright side is I really know my way around it and have it all loaded with sounds for that day I receive the update notification. My guess is holiday time or first quarter next year.

Time to dive into Reaper and see what all the fuss is about in the meantime

You’re a brave man mentioning another daw here. ;) When I did the same after crash city, I was told to go make music and stop whining. Some nice people here...

Though it is strange that you have all those crashes. Even I was able to eventually get to the bottom of it. Is it not the ‘too long sample’ issue ?

• @groovey said:
    You’re a brave man mentioning another daw here. ;) When I did the same after crash city, I was told to go make music and stop whining. Some nice people here...

Back that up by posting a link please, you say these things, i ask for proof so that i can issue a warning etc, then you never reply, so please either show the proof or stop posting stuff like this.

• @5pinlink said:

@groovey said:

Back that up by posting a link please, you say these things, i ask for proof so that i can issue a warning etc, then you never reply, so please either show the proof or stop posting stuff like this.

Nah I can’t be assed. It’s in the threads for whoever wants to look. You yourself told me to go and make music instead and another person said that he was tired of people whining and wanting to leave to use ableton. It was rather insulting. And seeing this commentary reminds me of it.

• Please stop posting about other forum users unless you wish me to do something about it, that is a polite request again for now.

As for the commentary in this thread, there has been nothing at all disrespectful to anybody, except from you suggesting that mentioning other DAWs is a complete no no and that the forum is filled with non nice people, which is simply not true.
    Reaper is mentioned here nearly as much as it is mentioned anywhere else outside of the Reaper forum.
    I personally mention it on a near daily basis.

Now again, i am going to politely ask you to stop posting this sort of stuff or point me to posts that i need to speak to forum users about.

• FWIW, just last night I was praising Nanostudio in another thread here.

B3 is the dog's danglies, but other DAWs are available (and allowed to be discussed).

• edited August 2018

@5pinlink When did I say the forum is ‘FILLED with non nice people’, I said SOME. I did not say everyone, as there are some helpful, non judgemental and cool users here.

When did I say “other DAWs is a complete no no”. I was jokingly saying he was a brave man to mention other daws in light of the derogatory comments I received when I did the same before. With a wink emoji to boot. How are you reinterpreting that into me saying all DAWs are a no no?

Why are you embellishing my comments to add gravitas to your ‘argument’?

You’re supposed to moderate the forum not reword people’s posts.

You say: “As for the commentary in this thread, there has been nothing at all disrespectful to anybody, except from you” Where is this supposed disrespect that I have shown?

You say ‘Back that up by posting a link” - ok:

https://intua.net/forums/discussion/comment/35954#Comment_35954

“I just have a low tolerance for whining…and people who publicly declare they are giving up B3 and going back to Ableton. That attitude is the real 'vibe killer', not any of the bugs or crashes.”

He also continues to disrespect by sarcastically saying:

“You sound a bit like @heyez with all this 'vibe killer' stuff. You do realise we run monthly battles where songs are being produced exclusively in B3 despite occasional crashes, bugs and usability issues?”

So when you say “Please stop posting about other forum users unless you wish me to do something about it,” it’s ok for others to be disrespectful and post about other forum users?

In that thread, you also said: “let’s stay away from name calling please.” I called tk condescending, which is a factual statement / not name calling. So why are you accusing me of name calling?

You then said: “you do not have the moral standing to be annoyed at them, they are just a user too, like it or not some of those users are fiercely defensive of IOS/B3 etc etc.”

Who was annoyed? I was calling someone out who was not conducting themselves in a civilised manner.

It’s starting to become clear when I read comments on the audiobus forum about this forum being standoffish etc etc. Clearly not always, but I can see elements of this. Indeed so much so that it’s no coincidence tk is having to post forum polls about whether or not there should be a group hug, after all the button pushing comments he makes.

Your biased moderation is somewhat confusing to me.

• edited August 2018

@groovey - there's still room in the group hug for you too. You just have to realise we can all be dicks sometimes (especially me), then let it go and move on.

• Most of users here are great guys, very positive and constructive, like @tk32 @DeanDaughters @ronji @denx and many others. Unfortunately, moderation is the worst I have seen in a forum, with a guy that was banned from Audiobus forum because of its behavior, and now acts like a small military chief here. That’s a shame, because I am convinced that this forum would be more active without him. I am ok to hug everyone else here! 😉

• edited August 2018

I've always found 5pin firm and fair. Unless you have experience as a forum moderator (in which case, allow me to apologise) I think you're being a little naiive and presumptive to think that a successful moderator can do their job in the best interests of the community without occasionally upsetting some people - or without sometimes appearing a little authoritarian.

If I ever saw something 5pin said or posted that I didn't like, I would not be afraid to call him out on it. It's just never happened. To be honest, I think I've been more salty than him over the last 12 months.

Also - I respect you Sygma, but please don't dredge up the AB past - it's not classy

• @sygma go and ask what happened at the AB, I ASKED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM, I WAS NOT BANNED.
    That would be the facts, pure and simple, your one man quest to bring me down is hilarious, i have stopped the forum being busy according to you, it is actually the second busiest company forum on IOS behind Cubasis, that is actually amazing, now its the nonsense about the AB forum (the AB removal request can be 100% verified by the AB forum owner who asked me to stay)
    Lying about other forum users is actually not just offensive, it is now illegal in many western countries including mine.
    Stop it immefiately, final warning.

@groovey there is nothing in the post that you linked to that would be seen as anything but banter, however (and as can be seen in this thread, he is already doing it without instruction) i am going to contact @tk32 and politely ask him to not even engage you, as can also be seen in this thread, you are primed and ready to jump at any comment pointed towards you, even if that is a polite reminder not to talk nonsensevabout other forum users or restricted content, neither of which was funny or true.
    So again politely (and you can take this the wrong way again if you like) stop posting this stuff, you have recieved no bad treatment at all.

Let me remind folks here, this is the Beatmaker forum, Beatmaker users tend to defend Beatmaker and @mathieugarcia and that is unlikely to change, if you do not like that, quite simply, make your point without being condescending or leave.

• Actually i did close this, but im going to leave it open, hopefully all the attacks on me etc can now stay in this thread instead of constantly taking other threads off topic :)

Have at it boys, tell me exactly how much of a one eyed tyrant i am !!!

• thank you @DeanDaughters, you always bring a very welcomed smile on my face ! Cheers mate ;)
    Let's just remind us that we are here to speak about music !

• @5pinlink Ah banter. I see. When it’s convenient for you, uncivilised commentary is ‘banter’, yet when it comes to me, despite being generally polite, I speak ‘nonsense’.

This in light of the fact that TK again over the months has made several posts about how some posts are lost in translation, and how he’s ‘not really a dick’ (his own words). So why would that need to be written, if it was all just banter ? No smoke without fire. He knows what he can be like.

Case in point “ I just have a low tolerance for whining…and people who publicly declare they are giving up B3 and going back to Ableton. That attitude is the real 'vibe killer', not any of the bugs or crashes.” This is just banter? No it is not.

What is “you are primed and ready to jump at any comment pointed towards you” supposed to mean. YOU are the one who jumped in primed and ready at me in this thread.

And what does: “even if that is a polite reminder not to talk nonsensevabout other forum users or restricted content, neither of which was funny or true,” even mean?

What restricted content ? what wasn’t true?

what on earth are you chatting on about bruv?

What does “Beatmaker users tend to defend Beatmaker and @mathieugarcia and that is unlikely to change, if you do not like that, quite simply, make your point without being condescending or leave.” mean? Trust me, I do not have a problem with mathieu as my countless posts show, I think he is one of the most talented, inspiring men, as a developer and as a human being. I follow his twitter and he has an incredible outlook on life. It's a shame the way you moderate this forum is not reflective of the kind of person he is. So do your job as a moderator without in-sighting needless stirring.

Furthermore, the fact that you have renamed the thread, I’m a little teapot, you don’t think is going to fan the flames? Of course you do. And that was your intention. Is that the action of a good moderator?

Ahh sorry, my mistake, it’s banter. That's what you do in an obviously heated discussion. Yeah course, sorry, it’s just your goal post keeps moving I can’t keep up.

Even this latest action of renaming the thread into a childish rhyme, clearly displays your inability to stay impartial as a moderator, with a lack of reasoning or ‘management’ skills. I don’t actually need to say anything really, because you show yourself up each time, with no help from anyone else.

Your knowledge is good, however your actions show you are not fit to moderate a forum.

• The fact that everybody has moved on and you post a ranting essay, shows a lot, but please do carry on.

You have intuas contact details on their website, please contact them and tell them how much better you would be as a moderator vs the current war criminal.

• @5pinlink said:
    The fact that everybody has moved on and you post a ranting essay, shows a lot, but please do carry on.

You have intuas contact details on their website, please contact them and tell them how much better you would be as a moderator vs the current war criminal.

No. The fact that you have an abrasive nature in your 'moderating', which is littered with emotive content, shows your inability to conduct this forum in the manner required.

You have no reasonable reply to my comment as I suspected, so instead you decide to call my post a ranting essay. I have seen this pattern in the countless times you have argued with people over the year. I even defended you in the past, but I see it was misplaced.

Rather than displaying any maturity in keeping with the official forum for a professional piece of software, you conduct yourself in the guise of a moody teenager. Beatmaker 3 is incredible, and it is unfortunately done a dis-service in being represented by you.

• @groovey You should channel that energy and passion into making music. Shadowboxing is a completely fruitless pursuit.

Why not join our monthly battles?

• And so it goes on, any more ?

• @5pinlink said:
    And so it goes on, any more ?

Hmmm no. I’m good for the moment cheers ;)

• No problem, glad to help ;)

• edited August 2018

Do you mean the deleted users here ?

As far as i know, the only users to ever be deleted here were/are spambots, other than triton100 who asked to be deleted, if the reason had been because of me i would say, it wasn't ;)

What you are saying is definitely IK multimedia modus operandi, I called them for it on a few forum and it stopped, but it is noticable they are still around quite s few places.
    I suspect it happens with a lot of other developers too.

• Yeah no posts are ever removed here about other products, if it does a job it does a job, but for sure if somebody joins to just spam about other audio products , then i would probably have a word lol.

@WillieNegus it was nothing at all to do with any post you made ;)

• edited August 2018

@MSandoval Actually triton100 was me, yes one of the first subscribers to the forum and all the battles etc. I am doing very well. Thank you 👍. @5pinlink is right i did not delete my profile because of him. He was actually helpful to me in the past. I don’t suffer fools gladly however, and at the time there was someone was bad mouthing bm3 and mathieu in a really uninformed and unintelligent manner, as well as some other users who were chatting shit, so I said my piece. It made me realise though that I may not be cut out for online forums. I tend to conduct myself online in the same way as if it were in real life. But I realise now there are many highly visceral people who don’t, especially behind the safety of a computer screen, and that doesn’t gel with me, so I left.

And despite clearly being a heavily invested user, this whole discussion has emanated from some thinking that I was actually badmouthing bm3. Oh the irony.

@WillieNegus As you say, why should anyone give two shits about whatever a random online stranger has to say. To an extent you’re right, however firstly if we all felt like that, taking that to it’s logical conclusion, seeing that most of the civilised world is now completely assimilated online, the world would soon descend into chaos. Regardless, the difference here is that most have a really strong shared passion in both music and bm3, so it’s only natural that it didn’t sit well when i read those digs at me, that had touches of superiority complex thrown in. There’s a living breathing person behind every comment posted, so that should be respected, as opposed to simply saying who gives a shit, it’s just some random dude. Though I do understand your intention of basically saying life is too short, which is also valid.

And there endeth the sermon, or as 5pin likes to call it, an essay rant. 👍

• Now I'm really confused. I'm pretty sure Triton100 wasn't as angry as this 'Groovey' cat. What happened to the guy who "keeps it bubbling"!

I miss your battle entries, bro.

How many times do you want me to apologise before we can leave that 'vibe killer' crap behind us and move on.

Yours humbly,
    tk32

• @5pinlink Here's an interesting discovery/forum glitch...

If a thread gets closed and then reopened (like this one), it never gets bumped back to the to top of the list when there are new replies.

There have been about 4+ replies since it reopened, but it stays in its old position in the list each time.

• edited August 2018

Yeah i have noticed it myself, i have tried sinking and unsinking, lets see if that fixes it ?

I have spent some time today looking for ways to migrate vanilla to phpbb etc, i can find nothing, if anybody else can find info, i will happily 'TRY' and talk @mathieugarcia in to migrating.

• Before diving into phpbb (which IMO is terrible) have you checked https://www.discourse.org/

• Phpbb just offers so much in the way of separation and ease of navigation (keep in mind here that the B3 forum is literally nothing at all to do with me by the way, im just spitballing)
    Discourse like Vanilla just feels very blog+comments to me, maybe i havent seen it done well, you got any examples ?

• phpBB is just so outdated. Sucks up a lot of resources, both from the server and in the browser, which makes the whole thing render meh. We're all on mobile devices here, we want things to be snappy. BM3 is a super dope app but the forums would be on something straight out of Y2K, feels so disjointed!

Discourse (and Vanilla, etc) are modern working forums. Load super fast. Yes, it's a bit getting used to (just like BM3), but the fact you can see all the latest activity on 1 page is handy. You have to do all kinds of dumb subscription and notifications setup to do that with phpBB.

Perhaps there's some addons we could utilize to spice up this forum? FYI: someone does need to upgrade the forum to 2.6.1 pronto please!!

Also, do we really want to distract @mathieugarcia any more from working on the 3.1 release?