Egoist updated to AUV3. Let the games begin !

2»

Comments

• edited November 2018

@GusGranite said:
    @Audiogus you're always a step ahead of me... how are you using egoist with bm3's transient slicer?

Nothing too out of the ordinary. The key for me is that on desktop I like to compile samples from libraraies into one minute long files or so for egoist. (The more instances I want, the shorterthe sound files need to be now). i have been grouping them by instrument/sound types. Then I can get four of five instances of egoist going and just shuffle around on each instance until I get a groove on, in egoist building patterns adding fx etc. Once the dust has settled on the various instances and my patterns are set up I record each one to a pad, transient detect and then ‘slice to pads’ / ‘create pattern’. Sounds laborious but it isn’t. For me Egoist is a real nice sample browser/sketcher of sorts.

• @Audiogus said:

@GusGranite said:
    @Audiogus you're always a step ahead of me... how are you using egoist with bm3's transient slicer?

Nothing too out of the ordinary. The key for me is that on desktop I like to compile samples from libraraies into one minute long files or so for egoist. (The more instances I want, the shorterthe sound files need to be now). i have been grouping them by instrument/sound types. Then I can get four of five instances of egoist going and just shuffle around on each instance until I get a groove on, in egoist building patterns adding fx etc. Once the dust has settled on the various instances and my patterns are set up I record each one to a pad, transient detect and then ‘slice to pads’ / ‘create pattern’. Sounds laborious but it isn’t. For me Egoist is a real nice sample browser/sketcher of sorts.

Nice workflow! Thx for sharing.

• @Audiogus, Dude, you should link the video you made on this, even though it’s pre-transient detect, it’s still a good’n.