Are file sizes large for sounds etc in bm3? I’m deciding on 64gb or 256gb iPad

I’m deciding if I should keep my 64gb I just bought or return for a 256gb. Which I can get for $110 more. I was thinking is importing exporting from google drive a good idea ? Or using RavPower filehub plus $43 a better solution for storage.

Comments

• Alway go for the most storage you can afford. Trying to manage files by offloading them is a last resort. You will not regret that $110 compared to the lost time and creativity fighting with storage limitations.

IMO.

• @number37 said:
    Alway go for the most storage you can afford. Trying to manage files by offloading them is a last resort. You will not regret that $110 compared to the lost time and creativity fighting with storage limitations.

IMO.

Thanks I was testing it just now with other files like books etc. didn’t seem that bad but then again those are large files.

• I agree with more memory...that $110 could give you a whole extra year of use.

• edited December 2018

First off, always buy the largest storage you can reasonably afford, then consider Dropbox, that is the cloud storage system of choice for B3, it is integrated and better integration is a possibility in the future.

Other than built in storage on your iPad, no other type of storage, be it cloud or network offers any kind of previewing, I suspect that will change in the future, but it is worth keeping in mind right now ;)

Also note that extra storage does not equate to extra years of use, taking care of your storage using good housekeeping is the same on any computer, which an iPad is, buy what you can reasonably afford, that is the ONLY important thing, after that you work around what you have ;)

• For those prices, I’d just try to build your own tablet. All of the iPad models are too expensive for me. But honestly, get 256GB. If not, you will regret it.

• edited January 2019

@JoanneWillian said:
    For those prices, I’d just try to build your own tablet. All of the iPad models are too expensive for me. But honestly, get 256GB. If not, you will regret it.

Im not sure if this is a bot of some kind ?
    " Build your own tablet" ???

• edited January 2019

Welcome to the forum @JoanneWillian - and ignore Win (above), unfortunately he had his funny bone amputated after a freak childhood accident with a gorilla at the zoo. (long story!)

The only reason @winconway knows I'm not a bot is because my jokes are so bad even a bot wouldn't try to pass them off as human.

• edited January 2019

No, im serious, you havent seen how clever some of the new bots are that we have been deleting, they reply directly to a conversation, and the links they post even seem relevant, so when an unverified user with zero posts actually posts with a link, warning signals.

• @winconway
    I didn't know that about the bots.
    In all seriousness though if you were in China you
    could actually build your own tablet.
    I've seen some guys do some interesting things that way.
    That's how some companies have managed to build
    iPhone clones (obviously without the OS).
    A far cry from Maplins.

• p.s. upgraded from an iPad Air 2 128Gb to an iPad Pro 9.7" 256Gb as the Air 2
    got nabbed so I'm now catching up on BM 3 stuff.

I agree the more storage, the better.