1st beat made on BM3 second day of using.

https://soundcloud.com/itsallaboutbeats/the-business
What do you think? I am learning bars so this might not be typical song structure. I’m not sure how many bars a beat should have. This has 24.

Comments

• Tracks can be any length to be honest. As for the track it sounded a bit simple to me but I liked the beat on the second track I heard of yours. ☺

• Great start.

I look forward to hearing how you progress as your skills and knowledge improve

:)

• If this is you starting out learning i can tell you one thing for free, you have a good ear, your mix is not far off, minor tweaks, the musicality is there but minimal, well impressive first steps!!

• Thanks

@The_Bro said:
    Tracks can be any length to be honest. As for the track it sounded a bit simple to me but I liked the beat on the second track I heard of yours. ☺

• @5pinlink said:
    If this is you starting out learning i can tell you one thing for free, you have a good ear, your mix is not far off, minor tweaks, the musicality is there but minimal, well impressive first steps!!

I’m going to try to practice everyday. Thanks

• @tk32 said:
    Great start.

I look forward to hearing how you progress as your skills and knowledge improve

:)

I’ll keep posting. This is fun

• First off, welcome, and well done =) keep at it, and remember that music is an art and there are no rules.

If you're concerned about song structure, one trick is to get a tune you love, put it in a DAW (or audio track in B3), then make notes in the timeline as to what happens. Intro from here to here, bass comes in, transition here, hook here, whatever. It seems like you're copying the structure of another tune, but you're really just tryna learn about what structures are out there, and then you can mix it up. In B3 you can just create patterns, they can be empty, and name the patterns for the events they represent in the structure. Then your add banks and tracks with patterns and clips similarly placed to the example track. I've done this and it can help.

• That is something I’m going to do later on. I was actually doing that by watching YouTube videos. But putting it on bm3 seems much better and easier thanks. As for patterns I’m so new I’m not sure what patterns are. I’ve seen it in bm3 but I need to go back in the app to see exactly what it is.

• Another track uploaded to sound cloud. Check it out I’m always going to go back and work on tracks. Either removing or adding things.

• You want to here my first song created on BM3 lol it’s pretty bad. I’m a drummer and recorded me playing them. But yea sound not very good.

And then this is the beat I was making today. It’s not one of my favs but I’m also playing the drums in this one to and love the tone I got. I’ve been using BM3 a little over a year. But have been drumming way more of course. Progress is pretty fast if u just do it all the time. Shot for a beat a day and it will come fast... 🤘🏾🥁💣

https://www.facebook.com/colin.mccrary/videos/10213234791288702/