“Save as” in any document

What if you don’t want it saved in sessions automatically? I want to be able to just save it anywhere I want.

Comments

• edited January 2019

• edited January 2019

Save as currently always defaults to the Sessions folder but, as usual with BM3, you have several work arounds:

1. Use the file manager to move the session folder somewhere else
    2. You can duplicate a session folder with these steps ..
      (a) zip the contents of your current –or any other– session
      (b) rename the zip file
      (c) move the zip to where you want the duplicate session stored
      (d) unzip to create the new session folder. Ideally, also rename the session file within to avoid confusion later.
      (e) open the duplicate session and continue making music
      Duplicating is a great way of creating your own session templates, and 5pin's first housekeeping video shows a really neat way of using this technique to create a session template zip and generating new projects in a separate "Songs" directory.
  • Watch this for a workaround of how it should be
    https://intua.net/forums/index.php?p=/discussion/6961/tutorial-video-good-housekeeping-1-sessions

Also note, this has all been reported, will continue to be reported and is very definitely on @mathieugarcia "I wish Win would stop moaning about that list" he will get there ;)

• I saw this video weeks ago. I still think it’s better to just save where you want.

• Why go through all of that ? Why not save like every other software does? > @winconway said:

Lol ok

• Cool, just wait for save as.

• edited January 2019

@aeropg nobody is saying the more complicated workaround is better. But it works.. right now.

I'm sure that eventually we'll all have the ability to use 'Save as' to save our sessions into any folder/location, but if you need that flexibility now... this is how you do it.

• Yes it works and its cool. Since this is feature request I requested a feature that I thought would be cool to have

• edited January 2019

Why are you being so defensive ?
    This has been requested a lot, EVERYBODY wants this feature, but you are acting like everybody is saying its a silly idea ?

• I think the guy just ask for a feature request and doesn’t want a temporary fix. Nothing wrong with that.

• It isnt a temporary fix, it wont stop working when save as magically appears lol.

• I think this thread has gotten a bit confused.

• OP posted a very sensible feature request (also requested by many others over last 18 months)
    • I replied to explain several workarounds for the time being, including a very good set of housekeeping videos by 5pinlink
    • It then became a discussion about whether the workaround negated the need for the feature (which was never suggested)

Conclusion:
    1. The feature request is a good one
    2. The workarounds and workflow tips can help for the time being, and could easily become your default way of managing sessions going forward.

• @winconway said:
    It isnt a temporary fix, it wont stop working when save as magically appears lol.

It’s just a feature request . Anyway can you delete my BM3 forum account please.

• edited January 2019

@winconway said:
    Why are you being so defensive ?
    This has been requested a lot, EVERYBODY wants this feature, but you are acting like everybody is saying its a silly idea ?

Who’s being defensive ?

• @tk32 said:
    I think this thread has gotten a bit confused.

• OP posted a very sensible feature request (also requested by many others over last 18 months)
    • I replied to explain several workarounds for the time being, including a very good set of housekeeping videos by 5pinlink
    • It then became a discussion about whether the workaround negated the need for the feature (which was never suggested)

Conclusion:
    1. The feature request is a good one
    2. The workarounds and workflow tips can help for the time being, and could easily become your default way of managing sessions going forward.

Well said

• @theinvisibleman said:

@winconway said:
    It isnt a temporary fix, it wont stop working when save as magically appears lol.

It’s just a feature request . Anyway can you delete my BM3 forum account please.

Will do, when i find time.