BM2, switch from headphones' mic to iPhone' mic?

Hello!

I have BeatMaker 2 and i try to use it with my iPhone 8. Everything's perfect except one little thing: when i plug in apple headphones BeatMaker starts to use built in headphones mic. Is there a way to switch from headphones mic to iPhone mic?

Appreciate your help, thanks in advance

Comments

• No, that is an Apple design, no app can control that in IOS.

• My 'work around' for this is to use the Lightning->3.5mm dongle with headphones that do not have a built-in microphone...

• edited April 2019

If you are gonna do that, you may aswell just by a 3.5mm headphone extension cable, it will only connect the headphones and not the Mic, so IOS will still use the iPads Mic.

• edited April 2019

@winconway said:
    No, that is an Apple design, no app can control that in IOS.

I saw "Just press record" can switch between input sources, that's why i ask

@samu said:
    My 'work around' for this is to use the Lightning->3.5mm dongle with headphones that do not have a built-in microphone...

Sure that's a solution, but i thought Intua is smart enough to let user choose input source. Ok, thanks!

• Ok, just to reiterate, it has nothing to do with Intua, when you plug in a mic, it replaces the built in mic in IOS, IOS is designed and developed by Apple, only Apple could ever give you that ability to switch sources, however, depending on the audio chipset they have used, if it is desigbed by a 3rd party, Apple may not even have control over that switching either.
    So no matter how clever Intua are, they cant offer a feature they have no control over.

• @winconway said:
    So no matter how clever Intua are, they cant offer a feature they have no control over.

What's the point of reiterating if there is "Just press record" application that has that feature? If one application can do it, why the other one can not.

• Please show me this app that does it ?

• I'm not gonna drop $5 to see if this works, but the third video on the app page (about "pro audio") shows the option to switch between headset mic and iPhone mic. Not sure how they're doing that.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/just-press-record/id1033342465?mt=8

• Yeah i'm not popping $5 either, will lookfor the video, because that completely breaks IOS last connected interface rule!!!!

• In apps such as TwistedWave it is possible to choose which of the iPad/iPhone mics to use even when a head-set with a mic is connected.

So this IS doable.

• edited April 2019

Yeah its a complete hack job apparently, so good luck trying to get other developers to support it, Apple prefers last connected.
    A lot of developers wont do anything outside of Apples standard behaviour, for obvious reasons.

But who knows, might happen.

• Dug in a bit deeper and mic-selection while using a headset is not a 'hack'. It's actually supported by iOS :)
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1799/_index.html

• edited April 2019

So you gotta wonder why developers are saying its a hack when you ask them, is there some issue with latency or clocking or something.
    Aggregate devices on the desktop go out of sync easily, may be thats the issue ?

Just for sampling that wouldnt matter one bit though.