Has anyone tested BM3 on the new IpadOS beta versions?

I’m really hoping that BM3 works and takes full advantage of the new OS slated to come out this fall for the IPads.
I have the fully loaded IPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen . I have recently started to experience my CPU maxing out and mad cracking. I freaking love this program and as an IT engineer and producer, I am counting on this update to solve my problem with first, the IPad reacting it’s full potential in regards to its hardware capabilities( Both for the 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen IPad Pro). Second, I hope the Intua immediately works to update BM3 to work with the new OS. Last, I hope the new OS provides the platform for Intua to develop BM3 into it’s true potential.

There is no reason this application could not leave all the other Daw competitions in the dust if it starts to focus back on this amazing IOS Daw. Let’s get this right before you start developing for other platforms. The iPads and IPhones are the future of musical production/recording. Stick to what made your customers fall in love and make it right before you focus on another market.
I wouldn’t purchase the Mac desktop version if you developed it in fear you would properly support the IOS/ IpadOS version properly.

MOBILE IS THE FUTURE. UPDATE AND FIX THE PROGRAM! BE READY FOR IPADOS PLEASE!

Sorry for the Rant now back to my question.

Has anyone tested BM3 on the new IpadOS beta versions?

Comments

• I’m really hoping that BM3 works and takes full advantage of the new OS slated to come out this fall for the IPads.
    I have the fully loaded IPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen . I have recently started to experience my CPU maxing out and mad cracking. I freaking love this program and as an IT engineer and producer, I am counting on this update to solve my problem with first, the IPad reacting it’s full potential in regards to its hardware capabilities( Both for the 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen IPad Pro). Second, I hope the Intua immediately works to update BM3 to work with the new OS. Last, I hope the new OS provides the platform for Intua to develop BM3 into it’s true potential.

There is no reason this application could not leave all the other Daw competitions in the dust if it starts to focus back on this amazing IOS Daw. Let’s get this right before you start developing for other platforms. The iPads and IPhones are the future of musical production/recording. Stick to what made your customers fall in love and make it right before you focus on another market.
    I wouldn’t purchase the Mac desktop version if you developed it in fear you would properly support the IOS/ IpadOS version properly.

MOBILE IS THE FUTURE. UPDATE AND FIX THE PROGRAM! BE READY FOR IPADOS PLEASE!

Sorry for the Rant now back to my question.

Has anyone tested BM3 and plugins on the new IpadOS beta versions?

• Yes, we discuss it in the Discord chat linked elsewhere in this forum. It works, but some things will not work, such as D1 in AU, does not work on iPadOS at all yet as far as I know, except for standalone mode. So that's a plugin not working, not BM3, but still. BM3 seems to run fine, aside from the fact that there are still bugs remaining from over a year ago. It seems to run the same.

• I've given BM3 a pretty good test in the first and second versions of the iPadOS public beta

No obvious issues so far (except for the Audiokit D1 issue Ronji mentioned - which is not BM3's fault)

• @ronji said:
    Yes, we discuss it in the Discord chat linked elsewhere in this forum. It works, but some things will not work, such as D1 in AU, does not work on iPadOS at all yet as far as I know, except for standalone mode. So that's a plugin not working, not BM3, but still. BM3 seems to run fine, aside from the fact that there are still bugs remaining from over a year ago. It seems to run the same.

Thank you for that info. Have you noticed any change in the CPU utilization? Is the cracking gone? I see no reason this app, even with many AUs running, should even tickle the hardware in these IPad pros. 2nd and 3rd gen have hardware specs that will out run most the desktops and laptops on the market.

• I'm on a 2nd gen Pro (10.5) and I get no crackles.

If you ever manage to overload the CPU with a ton of heavy plugins (Moog, etc), just increase the buffer until the crackling stops

• I’ve noticed the BM3 is way more stable on my 2nd Gen IPad Pro 12.9 than my 3rd gen Pro. I wonder if it will be a different experience with the A12 Bionic chip that’s in the 3nd Gens. I am scared to test the beta OS on my 3rd gen because that’s my daily user for everything.

• Don't worry about testing iPadOS beta, just wait till it comes out, or after it comes out and the app devs get their apps working perfectly, if your iPad use is critical. I have one iPad, the 2015 1st gen Pro 12.9, and I'm running the beta, and I really wish D1 worked in AU.

• @ronji said:
    Don't worry about testing iPadOS beta, just wait till it comes out, or after it comes out and the app devs get their apps working perfectly, if your iPad use is critical. I have one iPad, the 2015 1st gen Pro 12.9, and I'm running the beta, and I really wish D1 worked in AU.

Your faith in the developers has given me hope. I have huge fears but hope this OS update will be what we all need for this community.

Since I have not updated, I’m am interested in this D1 Au you are taking about. I tried to look it up in the App Store. Can you post a link and tell me about it?

• edited July 2019

AudioKit digital D1 synth + AU
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiokit-digital-d1-synth/id1436905540

...check out the Synth One as well, also from AudioKit. An amazing team behind these two apps. They did outstanding work on Synth One always working closely with the iOS community and always with the intention to release it as a free app. Both apps are aces ...buying D1 is a great way to support the dev that went into both apps.

• edited July 2019

So far it's the only AUv3 I've found that won't work in the iPadOS beta - but a compatibility fix has been promised by Audiokit in time for the official OS release.

In the meantime... plenty of other (working) auv3 synths are available ;)

• @tk32 said:
    So far it's the only AUv3 I've found that won't work in the iPadOS beta - but a compatibility fix has been promised by Audiokit in time for the official OS release.

Just purchased D1. Very pleased!!!! Now I know why you were devastated that it was not working yet. Thank you for this recommendation.

• Did anyone else see an update on @mathieugarcia Instagram page? Seems like things might be moving forward. :smiley:

• @The_Bro said:
    Did anyone else see an update on @mathieugarcia Instagram page? Seems like things might be moving forward. :smiley:

🤦🏽‍♂

• Hi @The_Bro - Mathieu is currently working on other projects, and is no longer developing BM3.

But I'm sure whatever he is working on will be exciting, for sure.

• @tk32 said:
    Hi @The_Bro - Mathieu is currently working on other projects, and is no longer developing BM3.

Oh really. So what's going happen to BM3? :-(

• edited July 2019

@The_Bro

BM3 is still being developed, and a new update is on the way some time in the next few months

• @WillieNegus said:

@The_Bro said:

@tk32 said:
    Hi @The_Bro - Mathieu is currently working on other projects, and is no longer developing BM3.

Oh really. So what's going happen to BM3? :-(

Update soon come per announcement by @vincent 💪🏾 and BM3 will continue to be supported for many years to come per @mathieugarcia

Everything else you hear is irrelevant speculation.

That's excellent news!!! :dizzy:

• edited July 2019

@kevfull said:

@tk32 said:

Just purchased D1. Very pleased!!!! Now I know why you were devastated that it was not working yet. Thank you for this recommendation.

Same here. Absolutly stunning Synth! :o You should get money from AudioKit for promoting! :)
    Edit: By You i mean tk32..

• edited July 2019

Thanks @SSSGKU

Yes - it's very nice. I can't wait to record those lush pads inside BM3 once the AUv3 is working on iPadOS :)

• I’ve noticed a few problems with PB2. Sometimes, selecting a bank above the pads causes BM3 to get stuck. I’ve had crashes now after creating a new session with only audio samples in a bank and selecting a pad, then a crash.
    The one that’s really a concern is the corrupted session message I keep getting when opening sessions. I made a template for BM3 and also saved a backup copy. After opening either of these I get the message they are corrupted. How? I didn’t even use the backup copy, just “saved as” with samples and left it there. Also, haven’t deleted any samples etc. Is this common pre iPados beta?

• edited July 2019

I haven't noticed any pb2 specific issues in bm3 like you @funk - but I haven't spent as much time in the app as usual since updating (busy with lots of other projects!)

I'll try some more tonight and see if I experience any of the things you listed.

If true, remember these may be the OS's fault, and may not be representative of the final release update

• I can assign macros but they don’t work from controller. And my usbc third party hub won’t charge the iPad only the proprietary charger has been working.