Recording a Bank to an Audio Track does not work reliably

edited December 2019 in Bug reports

This has been around since day one and still seems super unreliable for me.

I have a bank with Egoist and Turnado (No IAA).

I want to noodle the Turnado dials on the fly and record the audio to an audio track. I arm the audio track with the appropriate bank and when I try to record I either get no wav file at all or a blank wav file.

Are there any new tips/tricks/superstitions/animal sacrificies that can get this to work within BM3 (sure AUM workarounds abound) or is it still just a known bug?

Comments

• Aww, we are getting bug fixes. Last update was super peachy great for me. The 'slice to pads' / 'create pattern' feature is working groovy now. Daddy-O etc

• @Audiogus

This may be entirely superstitious, but there is a rumour that if you toggle the record arm for the audio track off/on before recording, it is much more reliable.

Sounds crazy, but seems to work! A few of us surmise the simple act of disabling and then re-enabling arm record 'reminds' BM3 that it needs to record to WAV ;)

Give it a try - but sorry, no guarantees.

• @tk32 said:
    @Audiogus

This may be entirely superstitious, but there is a rumour that if you toggle the record arm for the audio track off/on before recording, it is much more reliable.

Sounds crazy, but seems to work! A few of us surmise the simple act of disabling and then re-enabling arm record 'reminds' BM3 that it needs to record to WAV ;)

Give it a try - but sorry, no guarantees.

Hmmm, yah I can’t get a consistent result, I do a set of very clear steps, get a proper recording and then redo those exactly same steps and nothing. Seems random. Someone with a compiler, debugger thingy / smarts needs to step through it.

• Turns out I slaughtered those 7 ibex for nothing. Still totally inconsistent for me as well.

PM me for leftovers.