Copy a Bank

Can I copy a bank? If not, can someone suggest what I can do in this scenario:

I have a bank I’ve created which contains 42 chops. Right now I have a performance from this bank that takes up one track in my sequence. How do I do more tracks from this bank? I can’t seem to copy the bank for a new track, I can’t seem to make a new track from this bank besides the one I’m using. What am I missing here? I just want to make a new track aka new performance from this bank, besides the track/ performance that I currently have. I guess the MPC equivalent would be making a new sequence using the same sounds. Thanks you!

Comments

• edited October 2019

Although it's not currently possible to create multiple tracks (or sequences) for a single bank, there are several other ways to achieve this in bm3.

(For the following instructions, let's assume the bank you have already created is called Bank A)

Option 1
    Export Bank A and reload it into Bank B. This gives you two identical copies of the bank, and therefore 2 track lanes.

Option 2
    Create a blank Bank B, then individually copy/paste each pad from Bank A to Bank B.

Option 3
    I'm still thinking about this one... Check back soon.

Now onto the topic of your username..

It's rude, childish, and disregards the rules of the forum. Please suggest a more meaningful and friendly alternative for me to change it to, otherwise I will pick one for you.

• Thank you for your help. Wow that is seriously absurd that you can’t create more than one track per bank. Can’t think of a single app or daw that is so limiting. My mind is blown 😑. I would just revert to BM2, but that’s buggy on my new iPad.

• edited October 2019

Another option is to stack multiple patterns on the same bank in the song sequencer, but I wouldn’t recommend it as things quickly get messy.

About that username... did you read my comment above?

• @tk32 said:
    Although it's not currently possible to create multiple tracks (or sequences) for a single bank, there are several other ways to achieve this in bm3.

(For the following instructions, let's assume the bank you have already created is called Bank A)

Option 1
    Export Bank A and reload it into Bank B. This gives you two identical copies of the bank, and therefore 2 track lanes.

Option 2
    Create a blank Bank B, then individually copy/paste each pad from Bank A to Bank B.

Option 3
    I'm still thinking about this one... Check back soon.

Does option 1 result in duplicated samples or does the new copy of the bank refer to the same sample files?

I am new to BM3 and still a bit unsure about what actions result in duplicate sample files.

• edited December 2019

@easelec

I'm pretty sure if you export your original bank (Bank A), and then re-import it as a new bank (Bank B) each bank will point to different copy of each sample.

The only way to guarantee you are always pointing to the same samples is if you copy/paste pads from one bank to another.

(I may need to double-check the above with some quick tests...)

• @tk32 said:
    @easelec

I'm pretty sure if you export your original bank (Bank A), and then re-import it as a new bank (Bank B) each bank will point to different copy of each sample.

The only way to guarantee you are always pointing to the same samples is if you copy/paste pads from one bank to another.

(I may need to double-check the above with some quick tests...)

It seems like there are also cases where if you inadvertently tap on a file in Files apps that is in Beatmaker's directory, it creates a copy in imports. I don't have a precise recipe. But it happened a couple of times to me. I am still getting my feet wet and in the process doing some things apparently outside the expected flow.