Beatmaker 3 and what you'd like to see

Comments

• iCloud sync across iDevices to allow me to start a project on the sunlounger in the mid morning on my iPhone and then finish on iPad later that evening :)

iPad can be fatiguing on the hands and arms when not supported by a desk/stand but iPhone is a treat to use with just 2 hands.
  • I would like to see Intua raise the price off the app, If that would help out updates and Intua.
  • A wide choice of Scales to make me play like a virtuoso.....:)
  • A DESKTOP VERSION JUST LIKE NANOSTUDIO HAS FOR MAC AND PC.. WE NEED TO GET THESE FILES OFF OUR IPADS AND ON TO OUR COMPUTERS FOR ARCHIVING FOR LATER PRODUCTION!!
  • A DESKTOP VERSION JUST LIKE NANOSTUDIO HAS FOR MAC AND PC.. WE NEED TO GET THESE FILES OFF OUR IPADS AND ON TO OUR COMPUTERS FOR ARCHIVING FOR LATER PRODUCTION!!
  • Inter app audio perhaps ;
  • Id like to be able to use the play button in sample editor like a pad for quick on the fly editing like maschine and mpc. It gets annoying when i have to let the whole sample play thru cuz play button is also a stop button. Thatll make beatmaker a monster. The impc has a pad in the editor mode. Impc is really lacking and cant compare to BM2 but BM needs this little trick.
  • automatic pitch detection when adding samples to the sampler so the original sample is correctly mapped. there is nothing worse than having to mess around for ages just because the root key is set incorrect
  • Much love to the Intua crew, but how about an option to install just the app without the preset sounds? Working with 16gb IPad 3 and it gets full quick
  • Filesystem? Beatmaker2 AUDIO INPUT FIX FOR ALESIS IODOCK?
  • MicGee$ you're back!!!! :-)
    Have you checked out funbox? I have had success just connecting my iPad and moving files around like that until we are able to do it natively on the iPad.
    It works just like explorer on windows.
  • edited July 2013
    Intua, how about a transpose button in the device view- some keyboards (and genome) can't go down to C-2
  • Soooo... The new audio share update allows Dropbox file preview. Downside is (as many of us suspected) that previewing a 40 kb snare sample takes 4 full seconds to play.
    Cool feature, though
  • edited July 2013
    Yes Dub! using that for now. I jumped on the dropbox train a little late, but man its been one best things for iso music making process
  • Better metronome?

I feel like the one currently in bm2 could be better.
  • Ifunbox needs me to connect to a computer ? If so its a no go
  • Automatic sample detect would be nice...so if i load a sample set to the keyboard it puts samples where they go automatically...
  • The sampler keyboard is in need of being better, i agree. Its difficult to program, not in the thought process, just exhausting to do on the ipad...its nowhere near as easy to build patches for as any other daw sampler (exs or kontakt). The sampler keyboard is just not a deep engine at all leaving me to hope propellerheads puts out nnxt as the next stand alone ios app.

Beatmaker2 thus far is almost there (ultimate workstation) but yet runs entirely short. The effects are not suited for touch and therefore, even though it sounds good, the new eq is a pain to use, then i have to keep remaking settings as there are no ways to save channel presets, or effects chains, or effects settings...this is a thorn!

The keyboard is repetitive and exhausting to program patches for, without a computer editing counterpart, without note or sample name recognition, without the ability to re build pads or keyboard if the samples have been moved or links have been broken. The pitch/time system is old school and not very useful...which is irritating being this is 2013 and not 1986.

To fix the filetree, one must have the app go into a directional save path at the time of saving...such as ..i choose to save, and i am directed to a filetree and i get to navigate where i would like to save...not wherever i last was is now the defunct saving location...please for the love of your users fix this already. I am asking please.

The keyboard and all other gui in bm2 has the ability to morph to what is needed...why isnt this utilized? Why are tunings and scales not here, whyis there no hold strum such as in thor? What i am not enjoying about ios is companies who fail to realize they are building touchable guis to mimick old school guis? What is this thinking? Im curious, is all.

Why does the mixer keep becoming less a usefull tool? Sliders have shrank, its just all twiddly really. Why is there no ability to just tap a number value and type it in...sliding a knob thats teeny over and over to dial in a value and it never being easy is more of a pissy gameshow than a useful tool really...anyone agree...i have created new cusswords based solely on this process. :/

Interapp audio and audiobus will take care of adding synths, lets focus on the sampler and the effects and little workflow things ...that is my opinion. I use your app everyday, and will continue to until something finally beats it, which hasnt been done yet.

Autopitch detect should be standard
    A tuner should be standard
    Touchable eq with pre and post eq fft is a optimum choice
    Deeper sampler architecture for the keyboard should be a focal point

I really hope somebody is listening/reading
    It really is a wonderful app, it just has snags that hold it back.
    To all a good day

• Anxious to see what 2.5 brings
  • as my previous posts got deleted ( like my account too ) here is a new wish list :
    1) BM should report itself as active to iOS ( my iPad goes to sleep after 5 minutes of jamming other apps don't suffer from this issue )
    2) i'd like to have a phase reverse button in the drum sampler
    3) i desperatly need a way to input notes AND and velocities at the very same time ( touch and drag up down to draw a note and input its velocity )

looking forward to getting deleted again ( as my previous posts and account )!
  • @michl
    a simple realization of point 3 would actually be awsome!
  • actually for programming beats number 3) is my main concern - issue 1) is just an annoyance if you will...
  • Quarter tones in the midi sequencer please, for programming sitars, etc. Thanks.
  • 1. Well formatted WAV file exports by track (they dont work today in other iOS apps like Auria)
    2. Higher quality sound library (like Cubasis).
    3. Ability to switch to a lower level of quantizing e.g. from 1/8 to 1/16 after recording
    4. Higher quality sound library (like Cubasis).
    5. Higher quality sound library (like Cubasis).
    6. Same as 5.
    7. Same as 6.
  • edited September 2013
    I would also love to see realtime timestretch, like Loopy's ability for audio loops to stretch automatically in sync to bpm changes.

And related to that, what would be even more amazing is if automatic sample slicing also worked with realtime timestretch. It would probably need to be "non-destructive" chopping (similar to what's known as sample offset triggering in trackers like SunVox/Renoise) and audio loops will need to be able to sync to the tempo so that you can sequence slices and have everything automatically timestretch (and optionally pitchshift) in realtime in sync to tempo changes. Not even Ableton Live can do that so this would be quite an achievement if it can be achieved.
  • Rex files compatibilty
    Option to preview audio loop files at the tempo of the song in browser (auto timestretch).
    Option to sync audio loop files at the tempo of the song when importing.
  • i'm currently looking for ios options for live play, this app seems like the best deal.
    The sampler looks nice, and the whole app seems a nice fit for what i'm looking, but i think that a pc/mac instrument creation tool or at least the ability to import instruments from another source (ableton live, logic, etc) would be the one feature that i need for my particular work.
    Since ios 7 now has coremidi, this would be the most need it feature!
  • To be honest I would like to see beatmaker 2 a bit more complete before we even think about 3
  • Bahahaha no doubt!