Beatmaker 3 and what you'd like to see

Comments

• I'd just like to see a time area announcement
    Like summer, fall, winter etc....

Any ballpark on release?
  • I'd like a video help manual tutorial run by intua covering all basic topics plus using / setting up of controller keyboard to trigger midi and play internal sounds also sending of midi to external sound source .......but generally a video help response team forum run by intua .....please......
  • edited July 2014
    There are videos showing some of the above on youtube
  • edited July 2014
    Would be awesome if cursor repositioning automatically from start point , when you stop sequencer! While loop mode is on ! For midi keyboard controller on live stage perform :) but anyways I love BeatMaker 2 so far my favourite Daw for iOS !! There is no App can beat it at the moment! I tried all of them Including Cubasis itself yes!!!
  • - i also use BM2 to modify samples..and i would like to export (audiocopy) the modified sample..
    - i'll never getting tired to say a NORMAL cross-fade (like all DAWs) not that stupid one
    - the name gaved to a track also in the mixer panel not track1-track2 [ in some songs i have till to 20 tracks!!! which instrument is track 13???)
    - when exporting song in separated tracks if there is a name on the track use just it not A1 - track name.wav
  • Some suggestions just off the top of my head:

- file management as good as the AudioShare app

- ping-pong loop mode for samples in the keyboard

- gain reduction meter on the compressor so I can see how much compression is occurring

- time stretching audio in the sequencer view like how Auria does it

- the ability to rearrange tracks

- longer, more accurate faders and volume meters

- a brickwall limiter that can be applied to the master

- a graphical parametric EQ
  • Estimated release date?
  • They should work with Chicken Systems to create a version of Translator just for Beatmaker. Translator is a program that reads and converts patch files to and from all the major samplers file formats. They create special editions that will convert from many formats but only to one (which would be beatmaker keyboard and drum machine. Ex: We could convert MPC patches or MV-8000 to Beatmakers drum machine or Reason NN-XT, Ensoniq ASR-10 or Kontakt patches to Beatmakers keyboard.
  • edited October 2014
    And here's a vote for sending out fractional beat time information for slave apps to sync to when BM3 is acting as an IAA host.

^ But only if doing so isn't very CPU/RAM intensive. BM2 presently has a perfect balance of features vs. system resource cost that makes it a very effective tool for working deep into projects. The keyboard sampler is a huge reason that I'm able to continue working on iOS, I would hate to see that go. I use BM2 for creating classical-esque music as often as I use it for making beats.

If BM3 was BM2 with IAA effect slots I would happily drop $100 for it on day 1.
  • sort projects by: 'last changed' and 'last played'

This is important and missing.
  • that the live view of scrolling (the triple arrow to the right) is NOT* unchecked after SOME action.

Why, because it is a live situation killer.

*: I'd like to see as the thread is named...
  • IAA FX section!!!
  • Gate effect, turntable stop... please
  • A release date, coming soon ...6 months ago ...almost makes me wonder how soon, soon really is? I hope its close at least
  • I'm starting to wonder if Beatmaker 3 will happen. There's not a lot of information coming from Intua. They hyped the BM2 release from first edition, but I'm not reading anything anywhere around here. Makes me wonder if they read the forums...
  • Hello mandaryn,

I understand your concern about the lack on information on BeatMaker 3, however, we are working on it daily. We are not disclosing much information right now but it will come in time when we feel ready to showcase the app.
    Trust me, it will be worth the wait !

Cheers,
    Mathieu.
  • I'm really on the fence about it as auria pro is coming out and it will add midi, twin2, and a sampler with slicing...so ....it's really anybody's game...and the auria app will be out early spring. I just have no data at all about wait time in general.

• Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would like to see:
    the option to export the session stems.
    Pad Preset creation allowing you to switch between banks and "grey out" options samples that have already been added. Not necessarily, not allowing to add multiple instances of the same sample, just a "head's up" that it's been added.
  • Also, I would like to see support for MIDI using BLE (bluetooth low energy) so I can use the Miselu C.24 with it.

www.miselu.com
  • Please INTUA if you are reading this, I would love to see support for inter-app effects per track. Also i would love to see a keyboard sampler with an octave piano roll for pitching one shot samples. Kind of like iPads garageband keyboard sampler. Thanks!
  • @biggcess beatmaker 2 does export stems...it was one of the first apps to do it.
    @firstnametravis bm2 does have a keyboard sampler with an octave piano roll for pitching samples...it also has time stretch so you can have a work around for using one note and getting a couple octaves without chipmunking
  • I need an arrangement section a la impcpro.
    It's much more convenient on an ipad than an arrangement timeline a la cubase.
    You can change the sequences order and play each sequence individually pressing on one pad.
    The classic linear arrangement is good on a pc with a mouse. But not on an ipad.
    We should at less have the choice between the two modes.
    I think the workflow is much better with the impc pro arrangement system.
    I switched to impcpro for this reason and I continue using beatmaker for audio tracks and sequencing external synth with audiobus.
    Beatmaker2 is better for everything else I think, but I can't stand the classic linear arrangement system a la cubase on an ipad and it's one of the more important feature on a daw.
    Look at korg gadget too: the arrangement system is simplier and better I think.
    Best regards and congratulations for your work.
  • edited April 2015
    It really depends on the user, i believe bm3 should offer both! I totally hate the korg gadget/ableton way of sequencing, to me its dreadful to use, and its not very flexible at all unless you just love triggering sequences. I do understand though that we all approach things differently! So im not against intua including that as an additional workflow
  • edited April 2015
    there is a good reason, after all, that ableton added linear sequencing back to live!
  • You are right MicGee$, bm3 should offer both.

For the moment I use Ipad for sketches and pc for final arrangements.

I just want to point out that on ipad, with fingers, I prefer a system a la impcpro.

This is much faster for me to sequence ideas and demos.

I find that an arrangement timeline a la cubase is more adapted to the mouse, but it's just my point of view.

The ideal would be to have both.
  • Having another sequencing style would maximize creativity
  • Intua? Yall still with us?
  • 1) Note Repeat in doubles, triplets and normal modes

2) Round Robin or Pad layering functions

3) A limiter. (No clipping should be allowed)

4) Change Pad colors (asked for this years back)

5) Auto detect transient mode (would be so awesome)

6) Auto chop function. (realtime chopping)

7) undo and redo options. (when i change settings in the effects i would like to undo them instead of guessing what i had prior)

8) automation lanes (if possible)

9) real time pitch shift and stretch (my all time request)

10) great work intua for keep me busy on my lunch breaks and vacations. love this app for real. nothing compares. if you can get some of these reqest in there, i be happy.