Beatmaker 3 and what you'd like to see

Comments

• Ha! I haven't been here in awhile, but I'm proud to be one of the earliest Beatmaker adopters since 2008, and I'm totally excited about the future. Although, since 2008 many things have happen in relation to music apps, big players joined the game in style, but Intua has done a great job not to keep up, but to actually still be on the forefront with an amazing DAW. As per Beatmaker 3 and all the development behind it, I do hope Intua waits a bit until we have Ipad Pro , that is iOS9 with split screen. That will create some crazy options, and it'd be great if Intua is on top of it. Just a thought. All the best guys, keep up the good work.
  • MicGee$ said:

@biggcess beatmaker 2 does export stems...it was one of the first apps to do it.

What?!?!!!

How????
  • Never mind I just found it.

#BestAppEVER
  • BiggCess said:

Never mind I just found it.

#BestAppEVER

mind telling others also, how to? And what are stems?

• Stems are the individual tracks of your song/project.

Rather than bouncing all the instruments one by one by soloing you can export the separate instruments in one shot by bouncing the track stems.

Say for example you created a drum loop with each part of the kit on a different track (ie: kick, snare, hats, toms, etc.). By bouncing the stems, you get the entire performance of your loop but each instrument is separate. Making it easier import them into a DAW of your choice.
  • Not only can ya do that, but you can explode the drum machine tracks track by track as well...but this one is a manual labor thing...

in sequencer view, you can copy your drum machines etc to as many tracks as you used pads, from there you can now copy the seq block down to all the tracks of that machine. Then you go to each one and starting at the top pad erase all pad seq data except for the pad your on...repeat until you have all the pads on there own track...now when you render stems you'll have better control of the mix in your daw.

• Dedicated midi cc numbers to transport control as well as dedicated midi numbers to effects controls as it stands now the layout doesn't remain consistent cause the numbers associated apply to the order you chain FX together. I would like to see dedicated numbers for each FX unit. For example midi cc #1-7 for reverb, midi cc# 8-12 for delay etc.
  • AudioShare support.
  • A hardware controller.
  • please, Please, PLEASE allow all instruments to be renamed, i.e. if we load samples to chop in 4 different drum machines, allow each one to be renamed so we can easily see which is which.
  • Any ETA on the big release???

Also would love to see the option to save projects as a DAW file (Logic, Cubas, Protools, etc.). That's the one thing that is missing from most apps out there. The ability to export a file from iTunes and open it directly into the DAW of your choosing. As it stands I'm exporting stems and then dumping them, which is perfectly fine, but it would be cool to save as a DAW type file.
  • edited January 2016
    a programmable slicer effect. Always wondered, why something so basic isn't there...
  • customizable x-y pads. I imagine 2 (or better 4) pads, each x- and y-axix can be assigned to any controller...

And of course recordable for automation

Please, please, please!
  • edited January 2016
    So many great ideas... definitely at this time sf2 sound font integration would be simply amazing
  • I'd like to be able to save midi settings, i.e not have to disable outputs every time I turn on my setup. Thank you
  • ^^ THIS, yes please
  • The ability to use beatmaking in Auria pro? As of now it's hell.
  • We listen to your suggestions guys !
  • The ability to save a project template.
  • edited June 2016
    @BiggCess @Vogliadicane Would the ability to "star" or "favorite" a project be useful to you ? For example you'd create a new project, save it, and add it to your favorites for quicker loading.
  • favoriting a pattern/sound etc is a cool addition, but I believe what is being asked for is a template pattern to start with certain settings, tracks, and eqs already in place to get right into just creating faster...as a majority of creators usually use a certain group of tracks, sounds, and effects regularly. A lot of Daws have templates to start projects that are user definable...I seldom use them but a lot of creators do.
  • Once again, Rim, and the team at wavemachinelabs have done an iOS music first, you can save from Auria to a flash drive ...it can be done... Just saying ;). Woooo we neeeeeed this most of allllllllll
  • External file storage is possible!!!
  • @MicGee$ I see, startup templates then. We'll have to brainstorm this one :-)

The external file storage feature (SanDisk iXpand) is also something we'd like to bring.
  • MicGee$ said:

favoriting a pattern/sound etc is a cool addition, but I believe what is being asked for is a template pattern to start with certain settings, tracks, and eqs already in place to get right into just creating faster...as a majority of creators usually use a certain group of tracks, sounds, and effects regularly. A lot of Daws have templates to start projects that are user definable...I seldom use them but a lot of creators do.

Yeah, MicGee$ pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Every time I start up BM2, I open up 4 drum machines, 4 synths, 3 audio tracks and 4 Fx busses. Then I assign a midi channel to each of them (including the main, so 16 in total) and also load midi templates to each of them before I even start making the beat.

It's a tedious process that takes me away from writing and usually takes about 3-5 minutes of "prep time". I may not use all of the instruments that i have laid out but that's the workflow I've become used to.

I would love to create a template that I can just open up that will populate all that info and set up my "virtual desktop" so all that I need to do is choose an instrument and go.
  • Can we get an Airdrop option as well?
  • edited June 2016
    @BigCess Airdrop is already implemented, along with the classic "sharing" iOS panel (Email, Dropbox, AudioShare, etc.)
  • NIIIIIICCCCCEEEEEE!!!!!
  • MicGee$ said:

favoriting a pattern/sound etc is a cool addition, but I believe what is being asked for is a template pattern to start with certain settings, tracks, and eqs already in place to get right into just creating faster...as a majority of creators usually use a certain group of tracks, sounds, and effects regularly. A lot of Daws have templates to start projects that are user definable...I seldom use them but a lot of creators do.

Yes, that's the way I'd like to see it, too.