Using AU MIDI (Videos) 11/12/17

AU MIDI to Pad (Instrument)

AU MIDI to AU MIDI to Pad (Instrument)

AU MIDI to Pad (Drumkit)

AU MIDI to Bank (Drumkit)

Comments

• No problem dude, least i can do with the amount of work you guys have put in !!!!

• edited December 2017

That’s awesome! Thanks! :)

I’ll add a key template for this..

• I will be doing all the others in the morning @brambos ;)

• Its all personal choice, however for MIDI to pads you need to send from one bank to another.
    But it is great sending a sequencer in to the next pad which is an arp in to the next pad which is a synth, like i say personal choice :)

• Thanks for this, @5pinlink , but I am puzzled by something: how on earth did you know that note numbers 0, 1, and 2 correspond to pads 1.1-1.3 in Bank B? Or did you set the pads/bank up that way?

Thanks. Sorry if this question is dumb. I’ve been out of the game for a while and trying to dip a toe back in. Been looking forward to being able to use Rozeta in BM3!

• @papertiger said:
    Thanks for this, @5pinlink , but I am puzzled by something: how on earth did you know that note numbers 0, 1, and 2 correspond to pads 1.1-1.3 in Bank B? Or did you set the pads/bank up that way?

Thanks. Sorry if this question is dumb. I’ve been out of the game for a while and trying to dip a toe back in. Been looking forward to being able to use Rozeta in BM3!

Pad 1 is note 0, that is MIDI.
    MIDI has 128 notes 0-127
    Beatmaker has 128 pads 1-128
    So
    0=1
    1=2
    2=3
    Etc etc ;)
    When doing AU MIDI to pads you need to make sure the bank is in single channel mode like @StudioES said, that way any note numbered 0 (no matter what MIDI channel) will play pad 1 and so on ;)

• Updated
    These vids should get you up and running ;)
    If there are anymore you want then let me know.

• Just been told i need to redo these with explanation, some people are struggling, will get on it as soon as my cold passes ;)

• Awesome! cant wait to try this!

• Sorry to be a troublemaker but, I think that AU midi is for now just gadgets that can be really used to create real songs ... Why ? Because you can’t paste the notes on the piano roll. Bra bps has made a wonderfull work anyway full of good ideas !

• Why cant you paste the notes on the piano roll, you just record them and you can copy and paste as you like.

• These videos are great. A couple of pauses and I’m off to the races.

• Heads up part 1: Rozeta Cells is now available in the 1.0.4 update
    Heads up part 2: It crashes in BM3 when pressing the "stop" button twice while the plugin is in recording mode

I'll see what's wrong and issue a fix or workaround (depending on where the issue is) :)

For now it's best to record your CELLS patterns while BM3 is not playing back at the same time.

• @5pinlink said:
    Why cant you paste the notes on the piano roll, you just record them and you can copy and paste as you like.

OMG !!!! THAT THING IS AWESOME <3
    <3 <3

• Yeah once we have track arming for events, Rozeta is a huge huge update to BM ;)
    @brambos is doing some serious stuff.

• @5pinlink said:
    Yeah once we have track arming for events, Rozeta is a huge huge update to BM ;)
    @brambos is doing some serious stuff.

I guess I need to buy this app.

• Update 1.0.5 is live, featuring a number of improvements of the Cells plugin.

Performance of Cells will be significantly improved in the upcoming version of BM3 (with fixed transport/control support), but all functionality should now at least work without crashing or unpredictable weirdness :)

• This is all looking dope. Great job @brambos :)

Haven't bought rozeta yet but will def cop in January. Excited to try it out.

@mathieugarcia as cool as all of this is, I really hope some of the sequencing/arpeggio stuff that is now possible via midi AU is going to built-in yo BM3 early next year....

It's great that this kind of functionality exists as an option now but it could be much smoother if it was a part of BM3. For instance, after checking 5pinlink vids it looks like the workflow is maybe quite clunky/messy (requiring a pad/bank as midi source)/limiting(page switching to flip between midi source and destination sound/fx params)/tedious to setup (midi assign) etc.

Like it seems you can't be generating random stuff from roseta or altering roseta params/patterns at the same time as tweaking params/fx etc on the destination sound source? Or maybe there's workaround I haven't thought of (being able to splitscreen with roseta in top window and the destination AU ui or whatever in bottom window would be sick and possibly not a ton of work to code?... Also being able to select any bank/pad fx, not only 'current' bank.. Maybe this is already possible? Hard to keep up with the updates/additions. Not complaining!)?

Not a dealbreaker at all, just looks like midi AU might be another aspect that will possibly feel like 'BM3/ios workflow is disjointed' to me.. I need to check it out before throwing any negative judgement around tho ;)

Not trying to be super negative! It's definitely a cool addition to the BM3 toolset and much better than it not existing :)

Not suggesting making it priority, but having these kind of sequencers and arpeggios in BM3 for future at some point would rule ;)

• There are definitely too many taps working with any type of AU right now, no idea why AU are still only accessable via a sampler tab, it is tap tap city for sure

• @5pinlink, got any tip on how to link Rozetta's Rhythm and XOX to iM1's Drums/Hit keys?

• @5pinlink Thank you, sir! You made my day with the videos ;-)

• @huphtur said:
    @5pinlink, got any tip on how to link Rozetta's Rhythm and XOX to iM1's Drums/Hit keys?

Sorry, i missed this entirely, will look into it.
    Youre welcome @El_Sed

• @huphtur
    This is what i just did to test.

1 load an Auv3 of X0X in bank 1
    2 Load an IAA of M1 in bank 2
    3 Changed M1 multi to Drums #1
    4 Changed MIDI input of bank 2 to X0X/All/Multichanbel
    5 Changed X0X MIDI channel to 1 from 10
    6 Changed X0X template to general MIDI
    7 Keep hitting generate in X0X and smiling my tits off lol (sounds sweet)

• The M1ex Drum Kit 2 with the terrible reverb turned off is particularly good for such an old junker like the M1 !!!
    A nice reverb and that is real 80s anthem rock haha.

• Thanks for the demos. I'm glad there's at least one more host for AU MIDI.

In addition to taking a lot of taps to set this up, I think the lack of a global MIDI routing view is a bigger issue. When I open BM3, it's not easy to visualize what's connected to what. Whereas in AUM the network is all in one top level, and the MIDI Routing Matrix shows what's connected to what.

• @5pinlink ah I think I get it now... with the key maps in XOX you can shift the keys. This is great and hella fun indeed.

• I have a problème : I just ear a sound when poison pad is selected

• @znomusic said:
    I have a problème : I just ear a sound when poison pad is selected

I made the exact same thing on the first video

• Should work, have you made sure Omni is turned off in your preferences ?