BM3 Battle #06 - Junglist Massive! (Deadline March 11)

Calling all rudebwoy rudegyal raggamuffins, original and newcomer alike! Welcome to de BeatMaker 3 Junglist Massive! We goin in deep, seen??

Rules:
Mash up de place in 2-3 minutes, no longer please =)
BPM 160-180 - half-time is welcome welcome!
Original tunes, no remixes - but feel free to sample drum breaks, riffs, vocals - just keep it less than 6 seconds per source

If you haven’t already, check out the kits in this resource thread! Use one or several of the drum kits, breakbeat kits, drops - they’re ready and waiting for you! Or source your own samples if you like =) Those 808s fit very well in this vibe. Keep your bass clean or ruff it up!

You don’t have to use the amen! You don’t even have to use real drum samples! Jumble up dem beats and drop da bass!

Go old school

Go new school

Go future school

Now get to it!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• A-Hole !!!!!!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No more 10 minute noodles?? This will be a challenge! :wink:

• Hallelujah..

Finally time to up the tempo and add some dirty sub bass

• helltotheyes

Nice one, @ronji - This is going to be sweet! :D

• Hahaha sorry @5pinlink! :joy:

• Think I’m totally going to try this one. I wanna go fast. Lol.

• Im not entering, no more comps for me.

• I will try n get you all some Reeses and Neuros up and maybe start the Apache thread in the next few days, wanted to get the hiphop Amen done but it can wait ;)

If you look in the 309 bank there are some stinking Neuros though hahaha.

• edited February 2018

I've spent 2 hours on this challenge so far and already have some killer ruffneck dubplate rollin' ragga jungle riddim bizness.

Great idea @ronji !!

• @5pinlink said:
    I will try n get you all some Reeses and Neuros up and maybe start the Apache thread in the next few days, wanted to get the hiphop Amen done but it can wait ;)

If you look in the 309 bank there are some stinking Neuros though hahaha.

Always loving your releases man! Keep it coming! ;)

• @tk32 said:
    I've spent 2 hours on this challenge so far and already have some killer ruffneck dubplate rollin' ragga jungle riddim bizness.

Great idea @ronji !!

Boh! Can’t wait to hear all the submissions! I’m gonna throw something in as well =)

• edited February 2018

Also, if any of you are social media inclined, please consider sharing short WIP vids for #beatmaker3 #bm3forumbattle. I see several people sharing on IG, and I think we can pick up some steam with these. I’m planning on doing the same

• edited February 2018

Nice idea. Here's a little work in progress, if you want to help promote this battle...

...ignore the synth pads bit near the end. This is being replaced with something more fitting with the style ;)

• Shout out @tk32 for posting a WIP!!

• @ronji said:
    Also, if any of you are social media inclined, please consider sharing short WIP vids for #beatmaker3 #bm3forumbattle. I see several people sharing on IG, and I think we can pick up some steam with these. I’m planning on doing the same

Excellent idea!

• @tk32 said:
    Nice idea. Here's a little work in progress, if you want to help promote this battle...

...ignore the synth pads bit near the end. This is being replaced with something more fitting with the style ;)

But the synths are fitting! Bending rules. It's cool.

• @ronji Are we entitled to do the subgenres of Jungle? Or is this strictly old school only? Or infuse DnB elements as well since DnB was in fact a baby to Jungle and sometimes go hand in hand.

• @mefisme jungle dnb and otherwise related totally cool =)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2018

Dragged out an old project from the 90s and ported it over to Beatmaker 3
    The longest Amen chop ever lol, no two bars are the same, its nearly 19 minutes long hahaha (Yes i did it all by hand manually)

Heres the bank with pattern, i would suggest replacing the sounds entirely, they were recorded on a really low quality sample and the slicing is terrible too ;)
    Keep in mind this is designed for tops, so is not very busy at all.
    The samples where saved with bank, so just unzip it wherever you like.

Dropbox

• That's awesome @5pinlink. That must have taken bloody ages! Reminds me of Flutter by Autechre where no bars repeated so it wouldn't come under the 'repetitive beats' Criminal Justice Bill. Remember that?

• edited February 2018

This was for a similar reason, some a-hole in an indy band said that "Your stuff is all the same over and over" so i challenged him, he couldn't get past about 48 individual bars of 'indy' drum patterns, this is about 400 lol.

Yes it took a couple of days haha.

• NeuroReese 01 bank.
    Thread

• @ronji: Dayyyuuuummm! What a great beat battle. Never produced something in this genre. Let‘s go!

• edited February 2018

@5pinlink said:
    Heres a little quick test of some Basses (Neuros/Reeses) i have been putting together for you guys, will try and get a pack up today with them in :smile:

Yes. This beat battle is going to be awesome.

• @5pinlink this is going in the list of submissions for this battle =)

• edited February 2018

Deleted it, so no it isn't ;)

• @5pinlink dammit!! Hahaha

• edited February 2018

Will take a little while longer to format this, made up an oldschool jungle kit on the Roland sampler, so gotta sample it all in and format it for BM3 yet ;)